Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+7
TwoBits
Raiel
Squirrelloid
Joelz
viccio
melnorjr
Septimius Severus
11 posters

I need gold!

Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

I need gold! Empty I need gold!

Post  Septimius Severus Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:22 am

If you need gold, this is the place for it. Post how much you need and by what turn you need it.

Thanks.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

I need gold! Empty Re: I need gold!

Post  melnorjr Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:26 am

Septimius Severus wrote:If you need gold, this is the place for it. Post how much you need and by what turn you need it.

Thanks.
    Turn 6:

I could really use some gold to help get forts up.

About 200 gold now would really mean a lot to my development.
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:28 am

melnorjr wrote:
    Septimius Severus wrote:If you need gold, this is the place for it. Post how much you need and by what turn you need it.

Thanks.
    Turn 6:

I could really use some gold to help get forts up.

About 200 gold now would really mean a lot to my development.

Ok, i'm the farmer (and the Banker) of the alliance, i send you 200 Gold
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134

Post  Joelz Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:50 am

Could someone lend me 100 gold? I'll be beginning the construction of my second fort next turn and a 100 would help me to keep up with recruiting of units.
    viccio

Post  viccio Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:46 am

i send 100 Gold
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Post  Squirrelloid Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:47 pm

Could use some extra gold next turn. 100-200 should cover it. Have to build a laboratory and keep the troops and mages flowing. (I've been running into too many low income provinces, really should be in a better position to build fortress #3 at this point).
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:21 am

Squirrelloid wrote:Could use some extra gold next turn. 100-200 should cover it. Have to build a laboratory and keep the troops and mages flowing. (I've been running into too many low income provinces, really should be in a better position to build fortress #3 at this point).
    Sent 50 gold, all I had left.
    Raiel

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Raiel Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:20 pm

I need 800 gold (for my next fort) and another 400 for a temple as soon as the farmers can afford to send. I can't afford to purchase these as well as the mages and units I need to hold back Ermor.
    Joelz
    Joelz

Post  Joelz Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:58 am

I can send you 100 gold, thats all I have left.
    viccio

Post  viccio Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:01 am

for this turn i can send only 46 gold but i have 40 Fire Gems...
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:07 am

Keep the gems... it's one thing to alchemize a couple in the first few turns, but as the game progresses, our gems will be what sets us up to do significant damage to the vets.

And let me stress that if another tip noob needs the gold, they should be given priority. Ermor is dancing around on my border rather than charging in.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:38 pm

If anybody has spare gold around, I could really use some right now, the more the better. the only real limit to my armies right now is gold. Hoplo across the way from me is under attack and with extra gold I could field a pretty good army to hit vanheim's flank and draw off some of his forces, or possibly even sit on his cap and completely blow his assault on Hoplo(his side facing me isn't very well defended). I'm really strapped for cash right now as I just built a fort, and my elephants are pretty expensive, so it would be nigh impossible for me to help hoplo out a lot right now without crippling my expansion and fort building unless I get some extra cash.
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:26 pm

There you go, guys... I hate to ask you to redo your turns, but the sooner our captain gets that gold, the better! I will have four forts up next turn, and my dominion will hold rather well without additional temples I think. I was just trying to keep up with a schedule I made before I had contact with the enemy, and nobody from the south was asking for gold. Wink
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:13 am

Raiel wrote:And let me stress that if another tip noob needs the gold, they should be given priority. Ermor is dancing around on my border rather than charging in.
    I agree. The four noobs on the crescent tips, also referred to as point noobs, should be given priority for gold.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:09 am

melnorjr wrote:If anybody has spare gold around, I could really use some right now, the more the better. the only real limit to my armies right now is gold. Hoplo across the way from me is under attack and with extra gold I could field a pretty good army to hit vanheim's flank and draw off some of his forces, or possibly even sit on his cap and completely blow his assault on Hoplo(his side facing me isn't very well defended). I'm really strapped for cash right now as I just built a fort, and my elephants are pretty expensive, so it would be nigh impossible for me to help hoplo out a lot right now without crippling my expansion and fort building unless I get some extra cash.
    Sent you 300 gold.
    Joelz
    Joelz

Post  Joelz Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:32 am

Redid my turn and sent Arcoscephale 113 gold.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:30 am

OK, after more tweaking and paranoia-massaging (I feel I've got a big, Baalz-colored target on my capital), I still managed to scrape up 218gp for Arco, while managing to arrange 40 patrollers for any near-term minor emergencies (went with 40 of the slightly lower AP medium-light infantry, instead of 40 slingers, as they have a better gold/production ratio, leaving less resources for my heavier infantry - even so, the Velite will have a more immediate use than slingers if I need to use them in a fight).

So, long winded reasoning aside, short answer is Arco will have 218 more pounds of the yellow stuff to work with. Sounds like he may not get all he wants, but with others pitching in too, he should have enough to have some fun with Smile
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:39 am

TwoBits wrote:OK, after more tweaking and paranoia-massaging (I feel I've got a big, Baalz-colored target on my capital), I still managed to scrape up 218gp for Arco, while managing to arrange 40 patrollers for any near-term minor emergencies (went with 40 of the slightly lower AP medium-light infantry, instead of 40 slingers, as they have a better gold/production ratio, leaving less resources for my heavier infantry - even so, the Velite will have a more immediate use than slingers if I need to use them in a fight).

So, long winded reasoning aside, short answer is Arco will have 218 more pounds of the yellow stuff to work with. Sounds like he may not get all he wants, but with others pitching in too, he should have enough to have some fun with Smile

Yes, sounds Like I am getting a fair bit of gold. I should be able to do something to vanheim with it. :p
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:05 pm

Some gold would be very helpful so that I can continue to fight against Marignon & Vanheim as my income has gone down since my Capital was sieged.

But if Caelum is building (lots of) Mammoths to fight Vanheim it might be better sent to him Wink
    viccio

Post  viccio Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:37 pm

i send 200 gold to you and 200 to caelum
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:02 pm

Way to go viccio! I've got 1 gold left this turn, but I'll try to send some on turn 12.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237

Post  LumenPlacidum Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:30 pm

If anyone can send me some gold, I could use some extra to ensure that I can build a lab/fortress on the site with The Ultimate Gateway next turn. I'll be doing the fortress no matter what, but I'll have a few turns to catch up to get the lab. I think about 300 would allow me to continue to recruit my mages and get the fort. 800 would get me the lab too.
    viccio

Post  viccio Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:33 am

LumenPlacidum wrote:If anyone can send me some gold, I could use some extra to ensure that I can build a lab/fortress on the site with The Ultimate Gateway next turn. I'll be doing the fortress no matter what, but I'll have a few turns to catch up to get the lab. I think about 300 would allow me to continue to recruit my mages and get the fort. 800 would get me the lab too.

i send 100 gold
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Post  Squirrelloid Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:06 am

Assume I'm tapped out of gold for the foreseeable future. Ashdod must die, and all my gold is dedicated to that one purpose. On the up side, I shouldn't need gold from anyone either, at least not until I want to put up fortress 3. (Ashdod currently has the province I want it in, so it'll be a little while yet).
    Joelz
    Joelz

Post  Joelz Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:49 am

LumenPlacidum wrote:If anyone can send me some gold, I could use some extra to ensure that I can build a lab/fortress on the site with The Ultimate Gateway next turn. I'll be doing the fortress no matter what, but I'll have a few turns to catch up to get the lab. I think about 300 would allow me to continue to recruit my mages and get the fort. 800 would get me the lab too.
    Sent 170 gold.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm