Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+9
viccio
Joelz
LumenPlacidum
iainuki
Skinu
Raiel
Septimius Severus
Stretch
TwoBits
13 posters

I need gems!

TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

I need gems! Empty I need gems!

Post  TwoBits Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:58 pm

Um, I hope it's OK starting a new thread, but I'm seeing gem requests popping up in various places, and am having a hard time keeping who wants what straight. So maybe we can consolidate all gem request here?

Anyhow, I've got Astral gems to spare (who needs some for site searching? Skinu, you want some for your new Astral mages to get in some Arcane Probing?), a very small F and E income (2 and 1 per month respectively), and 3 D gems a month coming in (C'tis wants them for forging Mentors, but I believe Agartha wants them to cast Dark Knowledge - in my mind, that should take priority - we need to take every opportunity to increase gem income).

At some point (not just yet, but try to generate that income for the future!), I will want lots of Astral gems, and maybe Air gems.
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

I need gems! Empty Re: I need gems!

Post  Stretch Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:13 am

I need astral for site searching! 2 per turn please Smile

Dark Knowledge is nice, although if we're starved for gems we might get by with manually searching death sites since level 2 in death is fine for tons of income. Also, I desperately need skull mentors to get to Const-6 and use these gems with my forging a little more effectively.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Septimius Severus Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:37 am

TwoBits wrote:Um, I hope it's OK starting a new thread, but I'm seeing gem requests popping up in various places, and am having a hard time keeping who wants what straight. So maybe we can consolidate all gem request here?
    Yeah, sort of what the marketplace thread was supposed to be for, trading items and gems between players, but whatever works.

Anyway remember to use the marketplace thread to list what spare items/gems/slaves you currently already have. Then you can come here I suppose to ask for the gems you need.

Think of the marketplace thread as a place to post your inventory.

The forging thread should be used for forging requests exclusively, for items which do not currently exist, and as a way for the forging nations to list what they can make.

In other words if you don't see it listed in the marketplace thread (aka inventory thread) ask for it on the appropriate thread. That was the original idea anyway. But in practice, things change. Smile
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:15 am

Thanks Septimius, that's kind of how I saw the Marketplace forum - a "Hey, I got a Horned Helmet in a luck event, but have no use for it - anyone want it?" kind of thing.

But we have people asking for gems probably more than for gold now, so it seemed logical to have a dedicated thread.

Oh, and Stretch, I'll send Ulm two A gems a month until you say otherwise.
    Raiel

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Raiel Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:31 am

I need D gems to forge Ulm's skull mentors. I can forge as many per turn as people can send me gems for.

Since I'm racing for artifiacts and the mage time involved in forging the mentors is the exact benefit of using the mentors for one turn, I'm considering using each mentor for one turn before passing it off to Ulm. I'm not set on this, so what do you guys think?
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:30 pm

Decided to send all skull mentors directly to Ulm. Death gems and hammers will continue to speed up this effort.

Running low on Nature and Water gems... nothing currently critical, but I'll be forging artifacts in just a few turns.
    Stretch

Post  Stretch Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:02 pm

Thanks! I thought you meant air gems at first... I definitely need 2 astral gems per month.

I will send some water and nature gems over as well as some hammers Raiel.

Last edited by Stretch on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:18 pm

How many hammers? I'm not being pushy or picky - I'll just save more death gems for next turn if you are actually sending more than 1 hammer.
    Stretch

Post  Stretch Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:54 pm

Whoops, my mistake, just sending one hammer Raiel. If you can definitely send 2 mentors this turn so that I get them next turn that'd be great Raiel. Then I can get conjuration 3 the turn after, and my mages can use all the help they can get.
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:01 pm

Yup... two mentors are on the way. I'll go ahead and forge two more this turn and 3 more next turn.
    Stretch

Post  Stretch Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:15 pm

9N11W on the way to you also, Raiel, FYI. Hopefully with a good supply of mentors and my ever-growing ability to recruit mages I'll have Construction-6 in 5 turns.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:49 am

Stretch, I've got you covered with 2 Astral gems a month until you can generate your own income for site searching.
    Skinu
    Skinu

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post  Skinu Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:06 pm

TwoBits wrote: Skinu, you want some for your new Astral mages to get in some Arcane Probing?

At the moment they are going to be combat or research in their spare time, but thanks for the offer. I desperately need air gems though, I found two sites to boost me by an additional 4 per turn putting me up to 7 per turn, but im going to get pushed soon by Vanheim and id like to forge another air booster so I can get a lv. 6 air mage into battle asap. I have 27 stockpiled water gems which im not using currently, and 8 pearls (+3 a turn), if anyone needs them more than I do.
    iainuki

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2009-07-23

Post  iainuki Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Skinu, I am actually very short of water gems for site-searching--I can cast two Voices of Tiamat per turn, plus some more Voices of Aspu, if I can get some more water gems.
    Stretch

Post  Stretch Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:18 pm

I need 4N per turn in order to cast haruspex 2x per turn! Please send these over! I also am once again in need of astral pearls (at least 4 per turn) as next turn I can begin recruiting lizard shamans and arcane probing.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:44 am

Stretch wrote:I need 4N per turn in order to cast haruspex 2x per turn! Please send these over! I also am once again in need of astral pearls (at least 4 per turn) as next turn I can begin recruiting lizard shamans and arcane probing.

I can take care of your Astral needs.
    Skinu
    Skinu

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post  Skinu Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:01 am

iainuki wrote:Skinu, I am actually very short of water gems for site-searching--I can cast two Voices of Tiamat per turn, plus some more Voices of Aspu, if I can get some more water gems.

I sent you four, which is all I had left. Needed to forge a bag of winds and robe of the sea desperately to fight off Vanhiem so I had to transmute a few, but from now on I can send you 2 every turn.
    iainuki

Post  iainuki Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:49 am

Thanks! Every bit will help. I am still in desperate need of water gems, so if you can at all afford to give up some of those, please send them on to me posthaste.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  LumenPlacidum Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:13 pm

iainuki wrote:Thanks! Every bit will help. I am still in desperate need of water gems, so if you can at all afford to give up some of those, please send them on to me posthaste.

Aha! A type of gem that I have in relative abundance! I'm sending 10 water gems to Shinuyama.
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  Joelz Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:05 pm

Could someone start providing me with 2 asral gems a turn until I have enough astral income myself?
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:09 pm

i can sendto you only a gem per turn
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:09 pm

iainuki wrote:Skinu, I am actually very short of water gems for site-searching--I can cast two Voices of Tiamat per turn, plus some more Voices of Aspu, if I can get some more water gems.

i can send to you 2 gems per turn
    iainuki

Post  iainuki Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:03 pm

Thanks all! Hopefully I can start making returns on gem investments soon, my gem income's already much improved, but right now I seem to be spending as fast as I'm getting.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  melnorjr Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:18 pm

sending some astral to Ulm.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:51 am

If anyone has any spare nature gems Bandar could do with some so he can do some more forging. Thanks!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 pm