Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+7
rdonj
Stretch
iainuki
TwoBits
Septimius Severus
viccio
LumenPlacidum
11 posters

Sub needed

viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Sub needed - Page 2 Empty Re: Sub needed

Post  viccio Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:58 pm

Ok, i do the turn, but tomorrow i go in vacancy (Yeah!!!) for a week (i return sunday 23).

For Iainuki, My primary goal is stop The Vanheim sea conquest and take TC provinces , in this turn i cast "send lesser horror" in 108 and 87 and "horde from hell" in Vinician Forest (180) to rescue them from Vanheim

we see in a week cheers cheers lol! lol! rabbit rabbit clown clown What a Face What a Face farao farao geek geek jocolor jocolor afro afro
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:25 am

Iainuki switched in for Viccio, effective turn 30.
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:41 am

ok, i'm back... what's the situation
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:55 am

Welcome back, Viccio! But I'm sad to see Iainuki go - any chance he could take over another available race? I think Hoplo and Raiel are both playing two, maybe Iainuki can take over something? He's been an active and helpful participant, and very effective I think, and it would be awesome to keep him actively involved somehow.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:58 pm

If he wants to play Bandar I am happy to hand them over. The other alternative is Caelum. They aren't doing as well as Bandar province wise but they are in the business area more....
    iainuki

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2009-07-23

Post  iainuki Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:55 pm

I'd be happy to take over one of the multiple positions, this game is getting to the point where the micro is getting annoying anyways. I think I like Caelum most as a nation, but of course Vanheim ran them over this game. What's Bandar's situation like these days?
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Post  Hoplosternum Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:05 am

Bandar's position is good but dull. Research is picking up and I have summoned the first 4 armed Thug (Siddha). Money is plentiful but there is nothing really to spend it on. Bandar has no enemies close by and it's troops are poor. And with drain two scales (I didn't pick 'em!) research is not great apart from the Capital only mage, although I have been buying the none capital only mages and the nexly found sages. So I send any excess gold down to Jotun who can use it.

There are three problems.

1) They are miles from the fight. Siddha's can map move 10 (!) and are cloud trapeze and teleport capable. And the main mages can teleport. But astral income is very low and the whole team is very low on astral and many nations need them for forging, summons and teleport/gateway too. So making more Siddha or sending support for him will be very hard.

2) Very low gem income. All areas (13?) have been astral site serached. Yielding zero extra astral Sad But I have built a single Pearl so astral income is 4 not 3.... With about half the provinces serached for earth, death and water income is 0, 2 and 1 for those. Nature has been searched everywhere and income was boosted by 3 to 5. Bandar should be getting enough Water gems from Jotun for another Pearl this turn. The Siddha will site search air while he is being equiped. But basically Bandar don't even have the income to search the remaining provinces in water, death, earth or air. Never mind forging or summoning which are Bnadars two strengths.

3) Because Bandar has been backward for a long time the research is not done. Apart from having Conjuration 7 most research is low and so no killer battle spells are available. And still reserach isn't much over 200 per turn so it isn't about to arrive.

So basically in a few turns Bandar will be able to send a raiding party down south with a Siddha and a couple of teleporting Rishi. As long as you can beg/borrow the gems to equip them. And that's it. So they have been very dull for a long while and are about to become slightly more interesting. But the teams gem shortage means this power isn't going anywhere despite the potential. You would need a lot of astral, water (for pearls) and nature gems to make this power interesting. There are lots of nice summons which I could get once down south if I had the nature and astral to summon them. But quite frankly there are more deserving candidates for all those gems. So for now it's just going to be a support nation and in the wrong area.

If you like I can send you the latest turn so you can see their status.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:49 am

I was going to suggest the same thing. Stretch, Iainuki, Lupusfatalis, or viccio could certainly take over either Bandar or Caelum to relieve the 2 players playing two nations. Afterall two heads are better than one. Alts, let us know and we can deal with this situation while we have this extra time.
    iainuki

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2009-07-23

Post  iainuki Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:00 am

To be honest, Caelum sounds like the more manageable and interesting position. Sorry, Hoplosternum. If one of the admins wouldn't mind putting me in for them? (I think I've gotten over my irritation with the nation for the Shinuyama turn disaster before I subbed for Abysia.)
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  Joelz Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:29 pm

I've got 7 Skull mentors which I got from C'tis earlier in the game. Most of my researching needs are over now, so perhaps I should send them to Bandar. He certainly could use a boost.
    Raiel

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Raiel Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:48 pm

iainuki wrote:To be honest, Caelum sounds like the more manageable and interesting position. Sorry, Hoplosternum. If one of the admins wouldn't mind putting me in for them? (I think I've gotten over my irritation with the nation for the Shinuyama turn disaster before I subbed for Abysia.)

Works for me... you can do this turn, even.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Post  Hoplosternum Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:30 am

Joelz wrote:I've got 7 Skull mentors which I got from C'tis earlier in the game. Most of my researching needs are over now, so perhaps I should send them to Bandar. He certainly could use a boost.

Bandar could certainly do with them and would put them to good use!

But as you are in the thick of the fighting you may want to keep them for yourself for those extra evocations and army buff spells? Your Smiths, especially with a booster or two or maybe with a couple of master communion stones (along with some indie astral mages to be slaves) should be able to add some decent earth buffs to your armies.

But I will certainly take them Very Happy
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:27 pm

iainuki wrote:To be honest, Caelum sounds like the more manageable and interesting position. Sorry, Hoplosternum. If one of the admins wouldn't mind putting me in for them? (I think I've gotten over my irritation with the nation for the Shinuyama turn disaster before I subbed for Abysia.)
    Raiel wrote:Works for me... you can do this turn, even.
    Ok, Iainuki, your in for Caelum effective this turn. I'm switching e-mails and resending the turn for you to complete.

Any takers among the alternates for Bandar?
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  Joelz Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:28 pm

Theyre yours. I've already researched about all evocations my mages can cast without items.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:46 am