Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+3
pyg
Giant Moth
rdonj
7 posters

Turn 5

rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Turn 5 Empty Turn 5

Post  rdonj Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:45 pm

New turn, new topic. Discuss! Also don't forget to update your map information so I can set up the map file for this turn. Speaking of which, I am going to add septimius' information to it now and post the map (was too tired last night).

Map updated.

The new mercs this turn are the fishermen, I'm going to suggest either utgard or r'lyeh snatch them up, we really don't want to give the vets THAT blatantly easy of a way to get into the water.

I see a great many jaguar warriors on the horizon so I expect to come under heavy siege soon. My pretender still does not have a helmet. One more turn and I'll be able to make one for myself I guess.
    Giant Moth
    Giant Moth

Number of posts : 54
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Turn 5 Empty Re: Turn 5

Post  Giant Moth Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:38 pm

The helmet affair got forgoten when Darloths computer died, I think.

Also, we seem to be geting loads of mercs. Are the vets ignoring them purposefuly, or are their builds just too complex to involve mercs?
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Oh, right. I forgot it was him who was going to make the hat for me. Oops.

The vets may well be ignoring them, but also remember they had fairly low incomes and don't have as much gold to throw around, so they are certainly not going to bid 300 gold on mercs at this stage of the game. Also, instead of giving gold to each other when they have extra they will probably opt for building more expensive mages to go through their treasuries. We should probably start bidding less for most mercenaries, but still make sure we bid high for important ones.
    pyg
    pyg

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post  pyg Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:27 pm

Well I intend to attack Pangaea on turn 7 in 2-3 provinces at once. Probably 84, 93, 104. I don't have anything that can take the Gorgon, but I can raid provinces and make it hard for Pangaea to do get going. If only I had been next to Ermor...

I am also guessing that Pan's small army size means that he's hiding some of them or they are already moving in position to raid. Hang on to your butts!

If anyone really wants to to help nail the gorgon, I could really use two Horror Helms and a amulet of anti-magic (two if they stack). This will give my Wyrm a chance against her in my dominion anyway. The Gorgon has to be killed before it gets well equiped... and it's probably already too late for that. Any gorgon killing tips for someone who doesn't have archers or magic?

I'm sending my gems to Ulm this turn and will send some later to Bogarus or any other forgers who are interested.

If the Jomon sub is reading this I would like you to take the province Mag(60) asap. If you are not interested in this province I will take it. Also I need to negotiate borders with other players. I intend to take Werk Enum(95) unless Utgard or Bogarus make some noise. Province 58 is between Jomon, Utgard, Man, and myself. Any takers?
    Giant Moth
    Giant Moth

Post  Giant Moth Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:04 pm

I am itnerested in 58, but our frontlines might need it more.

This turn I succesfully split my forces, taking two provinces at once. Only to the help of my unbuffed pretender though, he survived with 8 hp and a battle wound affliction Sad before the armies finally routed. One more round and I would have lost him. Lucky! king

I will continue to expand, and start building my first fortress next turn.
    Giant Moth
    Giant Moth

Post  Giant Moth Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:39 pm

Jachra has signed up on the forum, please give him access.
    Lavaere

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Lavaere Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:07 pm

do you guys know what a region with a crown in it means
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:18 pm

Giant Moth wrote:Jachra has signed up on the forum, please give him access.

He has access. Some of the early registers I gave direct access, but I switched over to moving people into a user group. Everyone in the user group here has access. So he should be able to see everything.

do you guys know what a region with a crown in it means

A region with a crown is, I believe, a location that is worth a victory point when victory points are enabled. If it's not that then places with crowns have extra magic sites. If not that, then I'm not sure, probably therere's nothing special about them. I'm pretty sure they're victory point locations though. I think we can ignore them for this game.
    Aristander

Number of posts : 39

Turn 5 Empty Gath

Post  Aristander Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:44 pm

Gath will be attacking (40) Vlecz and (67) High Woods next turn.

The 70 undead were easily dispatched and I anticipate no problems taking Vlecz and High Woods. A spy province has been taken and I will start to crank out spies. Gath can recruit a Kohen Gadol and 4 Gibbor each turn.

If anyone has extra I could really use more cash.
    Giant Moth
    Giant Moth

Post  Giant Moth Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:34 pm

Unfortunately no gold from the gold pumper this turn, I need it to start production of my first castle, to help me gain even MORE gold and expansion.

Trust me, you'll be thankful when my army of magister spies, wardens and whatnot sally forth from my extremly bunkered provinces Smile
    Lavaere

Post  Lavaere Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:54 am

Hopefully I'll take my third region this turn. Anyway what were the mercs this turn. Fishermen and ???
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Turn 5 Empty Turn 5

Post  Septimius Severus Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:43 am

Ulm, what is your situtation? I see you haven't expanded yet, are the indie's real strong around you? Refresh me. What of those 2 important provinces(to the southeast and southwest) that provide immediate access to your capitol? Are they still in indie hands or have the vets taken them? I'm on my way to you ASAP.

Last edited by Septimius Severus on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:45 am

rdonj wrote:
    A region with a crown is, I believe, a location that is worth a victory point when victory points are enabled. If it's not that then places with crowns have extra magic sites. If not that, then I'm not sure, probably therere's nothing special about them. I'm pretty sure they're victory point locations though. I think we can ignore them for this game.

That is correct, they're disabled for this game.

I'll try to grab the fishermen, if no one else desires them that is.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:28 am

Oops, I got busy earlier and deleted a notification email before I checked in here.

The mercenaries this turn are the fishermen and Dagan the Renegade Sage. Hopefully Ulm plans to retain dagan. Ulm bought the archers in white last turn due to difficulties taking provinces. He's surrounded by knights and at least one high pop barbarian province.
    Lavaere

Post  Lavaere Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:32 am

So thats what the crown was, was kinda wondering why that ocean region hhad it there since I've never seen it before.
    Aristander

Turn 5 Empty Strategy Gath front

Post  Aristander Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:56 am

So thinking ahead in 3 or 4 turns (Early Winter?) I should be ready to push into (63) (73). I have a spy on the way but what do we know? Is 3-4 turns to long to wait? Should I be pushing for 2-3 turns instead?
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237

Post  LumenPlacidum Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:03 pm

Ulm here. Worst start ever. Problem was that a group of 50-60 barbarians killed my first expansion force, and that was the weakest non-water indie province around me. I now have enough troops to kill some of the indies and my first expansion will be next turn. I should be ok for now. My income is so low because a national hero I got raises unrest by 15 a turn for the province he's in and I couldn't shove him elsewhere as he's not stealthy. The addition of the archers in white is going to help immensely. The two provinces between myself and the enemies are still neutral, although enemy dominion is up to 2 candles in one of them. My dominion is at 3 in the other. So, my vampire prophet should be sort of safe attacking it, except that all his troops are not immortal.

I'll be expanding on my own for several turns before I even try to take the pair of heavy cavalry provinces around me. I've got the highest level of research so far (a little weird for ulm), but I was focusing on some basic survival magic (evocation, thaumaturgy) before construction because of my positioning. Now, I'm going to do a tiny bit of manual site searching as I take some more provinces.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:40 pm

Aristander wrote:So thinking ahead in 3 or 4 turns (Early Winter?) I should be ready to push into (63) (73). I have a spy on the way but what do we know? Is 3-4 turns to long to wait? Should I be pushing for 2-3 turns instead?

You should pretty much be aiming for as soon as possible, I think. Plus mictlan has a pretty large army of jaguar warriors on my border that isn't going to be immensely fun to deal with, so if I could have any help with him that would be great. I don't really know what abysia has, mictlan has an army of 40 jaguar warriors and warriors but I don't have a scout in the province.
    Aristander

Post  Aristander Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:24 pm

I will take the two provinces next to my capital this turn then I will turn the armies toward the front. I assure you they are small but very nasty.

Aristander
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:29 pm

Thanks, I hope that mictlan will get the chance to appreciate them Smile
    Giant Moth
    Giant Moth

Post  Giant Moth Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:59 pm

My spliting of the armies left me a little reeled, my commander fled and as I said, my pretender almost died. So I'm falling back with him, to gather up the capitol armies. The commander in that battle fled to another province, the coward! He's going to be put on castle-building duty in the very province he fled to, next round Very Happy

Next turn I should have consolidated my forces, and moving on.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:08 am

LumenPlacidum wrote:Ulm here. Worst start ever. Problem was that a group of 50-60 barbarians killed my first expansion force, and that was the weakest non-water indie province around me.

Those barbarians do pack a wollop!

I forget but isn't Ulm the nation that is supposed to be modeled on them. Conan, anvil of Crom, forging, and all that? Or is that some other one.
    Lavaere

Post  Lavaere Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:59 am

Since I particularly like playing Ulm. EA Ulm are the barbarian Conan style. While LA Ulm is more of Transylvania Vampire type thing. MA Ulm not sure, since I don't exactly play that one.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am