Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+10
Skinu
iainuki
Stretch
melnorjr
viccio
Raiel
rdonj
Pelthin
Septimius Severus
TwoBits
14 posters

Turn 27

TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Turn 27 - Page 2 Empty Re: Turn 27

Post  TwoBits Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:08 am

Shinu, as our main sea-power, might be the best one to go for Queens (but maybe after forging water breathing items?). He may need to use a Ring of Wizardry to do it (or the Ghost King?)?

Melnorjr, if you're worried about someone CTing or teleporting in to kill your pretender, you can always give him Retreat orders, right (only genuine assassination attempts result in retreat-death, correct?)? He'll have the first move on defense, and as long as a singe province is open to run to, he should get out clean before any raiders can land a blow. I think.

Regarding Ashdod, and Dom kill or not, with 4 nasty Adons roaming free outside the capital, I'm up for whatever works the fastest! If it comes down to an assault, who has a better chance of success, C'tis or Shinu?
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:49 pm

Marignon is closing in on Jotun. I can see an army of 130 and the 220 one (actually only 150 troops - mostly crossbows and just one mage and his prophet) closing in.

I am moving my Pretender back towards my castle and my Thugs also ready for the final battle in two to three turns time.

I am really hoping someone else will be putting some pressure on him by then so he doesn't jump in with some extra mages.

I am continuing to attack Vanheim's rear Razz I will be attacking three provinces of his this turn and moving my stealth goblin force to my old capital in case it looks vulnerable to a snatch and grab raid.

I am empowering a Blood 3 mage at huge cost (60 slaves) but as far as I am aware no one has a blood bosster I can borrow so I don't think I have a choice. And a base blood 4 mage should be useful in any case as he can be pushed up to 8 or so with none unique boosters.

Turn 27 - Page 2 Jotun_12

I know Ulm has a lot on his plate with forging and his new border with Vanheim. But there is a path from Linshire (Ulm owned at the north of this map) via a barb neutral and a Marignon Province to one of Marignon's forts at Mician Mountains. I was going to attack with my Pretender but that would cost me my last Castle so I have pulled him back.

Marching on this would be very helpful and gets Ulm in to the heart of Marignon before he can rebuild his Harbinger losses. And Ulmish black plate should even blunt the punch of Marignon's Crossbows. So if you have anything spare to send....
    Raiel

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Raiel Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:45 pm

In regards to Ashdod, I think if I recruit priests this turn and next I should have enough (10) to threaten DomKill within a few turns. If nothing else, that shoule bring him out to the open battlefield where I can (hopefully) rip him up.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:22 am

3 hours to go, waiting on Arco and Caelum.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  melnorjr Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:26 am

TwoBits wrote:3 hours to go, waiting on Arco and Caelum.

Scared you, didn't I?

No worries about me staling. Unless The 9 hour turn notification comes 5 minutes after I go to bed, I'll get my turn in. The reason I tend to send my turns in late is so that I can know everything I need to do before sending them. Once before I finished my turn sent it in, then had to change it...but it was too late.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:46 am

melnorjr wrote:Scared you, didn't I?

No worries, I figured you had it covered, or just needed a gentle reminder Wink

Anyhow, I'm more concerned about Caelum - they've taken quite a beating recently, and I worry that Skinu may have lost the will to go on. I mean, their position is pretty dismal right now (but so was Jotunheim's 10 turns ago or so, and they're still hanging on), but there's no reason to compound it with a stale.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:46 pm

Half an hour. A stale for Caelum looks increasingly likely Sad
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:08 pm

Postponed, PMing skinu.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Post  Squirrelloid Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:41 pm

If Iainuki is going to play the turn like he offered on the shrapnel forums he's going to need his e-mail enabled for it. At this point it may just be better to let him play this turn so we know its being played.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:49 pm

Iainuki now has control of caelum. Adding a few more hours so he can get a turn in.
    iainuki

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2009-07-23

Post  iainuki Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:15 pm

What a disaster. I don't really expect anything, but some money to prevent desertions would be useful. Other than that, there's not much to do unless someone can drop some SCs on the armies. The big army is in Meer (69). I think Caelum's dead, is there any province I can fly to to keep the nation alive in the hopes that we can recapture the provinces? Also, I can use more air gems for more cloud trapezes next turn to try to save save most of the higher seraphs. Please answer ASAP.

Last edited by iainuki on Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  melnorjr Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:18 pm

iainuki wrote:What a disaster. I don't really expect anything, but some money to prevent desertions would be useful. Other than that, there's not much to do unless someone can drop some SCs on the armies. The big army is in Meer (69). I think Caelum's dead, is there any province I can fly to to keep the nation alive in the hopes that we can recapture the provinces? Please answer ASAP.

Does caelum have cloud trapeze?
    iainuki

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2009-07-23

Post  iainuki Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:40 pm

Yes. I'm going to try to save as many of the high seraphs as I can.
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:54 pm

Don't forget that DomKill will still be an issue even if you have a province, so I hope you have priests that can stealth preach or a prophet that can cloud trapeze. I have a province available:

341: 10-PD and one Indy Commander - Neutral Dominion, but it's next to the 4 Adons (in 329) that have been harassing Pythium. Of course, he's likely to attack that province because it looks like I'm building a fort with that commander (I'm not). If you dropped into his province(329) or mine(341) spamming thunderstrike, that could really ruin his day.

Honestly, I expect you would have problems establishing dominion in our neck of the woods, but no-one else has spoken up.

Last edited by Raiel on Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:55 pm

How much money do you need?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content