Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+4
Septimius Severus
LumenPlacidum
pyg
rdonj
8 posters

Turn 8

Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Turn 8

Post  Darloth Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:05 am

I'm going to forge a hammer this turn I think, as well as some other gear - the army at Pythium's capitol is mostly gladiators which will slaughter my remaining cavalry, so I'm going to pull everything back. The only question is how much PD should I leave behind? I'm thinking low, initially, as the gladiators will go away after the first battle anyway.

I have spare pearls if people want them, and I've sent earth gems to Man - the money was greatly appreciated, thanks T'ien C'hi, but I agree I can't hold that province just yet - I've spent it on more troops with which to hopefully re-invade him after next turn.

I am also forging a dwarven hammer.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:08 am

Yeah, in this case a small amount is best. No more than 5-10. Although it is likely he will not use the gladiator types if he has an army without them that he thinks can drive you off.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Darloth Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:10 am

Well, the army is 70 strong and the largest number of that is gladiators.

Thus, at most 35 (+/- scouting inaccuracy, large since I don't have any scouts. At all. -_-) of another type, and I have whatever PD I might buy + cavalry... if it were -me-, and I really wanted the province, I wouldn't feel safe doing it without the gladiators, unless the vampire queen joins in and casts something mean, which is another possibility. Of course all the time I'm being annoying up here, R'lyeh is hopefully pillaging or conquering down south.

Giant Moth - can you take that barbarian province down there? If so you'll be in a good position to move up should I lose Ecnaphale(34), although it might be covered in R'lyeh. Alternatively, Mapito Cliffs(35) is tougher to take, but has my dominion which is 100% safe and non insanity causing. Although I guess you do die quicker under it Smile . The movements paths are the same but I'll eventually want the cliffs myself, assuming I'm not pushed out of this location, as it'll be good for feeding resources to the fort I -eventually- plan to build on Ecnaphale.

Uploading turn now.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:37 am

Darloth wrote:Well, the army is 70 strong and the largest number of that is gladiators.

Thus, at most 35 (+/- scouting inaccuracy, large since I don't have any scouts. At all. -_-) of another type, and I have whatever PD I might buy + cavalry... if it were -me-, and I really wanted the province, I wouldn't feel safe doing it without the gladiators, unless the vampire queen joins in and casts something mean, which is another possibility. Of course all the time I'm being annoying up here, R'lyeh is hopefully pillaging or conquering down south.

Giant Moth - can you take that barbarian province down there? If so you'll be in a good position to move up should I lose Ecnaphale(34), although it might be covered in R'lyeh. Alternatively, Mapito Cliffs(35) is tougher to take, but has my dominion which is 100% safe and non insanity causing. Although I guess you do die quicker under it Smile . The movements paths are the same but I'll eventually want the cliffs myself, assuming I'm not pushed out of this location, as it'll be good for feeding resources to the fort I -eventually- plan to build on Ecnaphale.

Uploading turn now.

Madam VQ probably can't do any terrifying magic at the moment, but if the province is in her territory she will have absolutely no problem getting in there and working her SC magic. I guess this explains pythium's abysmal scales though. The VQ probably has both dom 9 or 10 and enough death for a fear aura. If she doesn't have both we can count ourselves lucky. His scales ARE pretty abysmal all around, right, not just in order? He probably has something like turmoil, death, maybe a little sloth, and probably a splash of magic. Anyway he's banking on that VQ carrying him through the early game, and it SHOULD have fear + awe. If she does, he can probably take the province without gladiators from any reasonable amount of pd. Just give it a little pd and set taxes to 200%. Try to do this to every enemy territory you ever capture and aren't 100% sure you can hold.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 am