Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+5
Aristander
Giant Moth
Darloth
pyg
rdonj
9 posters

Turn 12

rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Turn 12 Empty Turn 12

Post  rdonj Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:41 pm

New turn, new topic.
    pyg
    pyg

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Turn 12 Empty Re: Turn 12

Post  pyg Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:25 pm

Wow, R'yleh and I think alike! Sorry about your troops. Ermor lost over a hundred units attacking me in 68.

I will begin attacking Ermor in force on turn 14. If someone wants to move troops in behind to hold the provinces that would be good. I also have some scouts headed out so I can see a little better where I'm going.

I'm attacking Pan in 114 this turn but I expect him to defend with his gorgon.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:34 pm

:/ We've got to be more careful about bumping, hopefully neither of you lost too much there. I haven't checked my turn yet, I guess I'll see when I do.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Darloth Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:38 pm

(Repost: I'll just put this here then)

Well, that didn't go so well, did it.

My assault failed, blunted by the Vampire Queen - I should have also attacked the capitol, but hindsight etc etc.

The elephant corps have come up for bid - I can't quickly find the info for them so I won't make the topic, but someone should, and we really ought to buy them. I have enough spare gold to throw and perhaps a pressing need for Mercs if this fight with Pythium is going to be this messy, but I'm not sure how well they'll do against the vampire queen - that fear aura is nasty. Either way, I put down 302 gold for them.

I'm going to throw all my forces into a strike on 15, Pythium itself, and hope it succeeds - A push against 10 and 19 by R'lyeh would be a good idea either way - 19 especially only has 1pt of province defense, though there is a vampire queen there I honestly doubt she's going to stay.

If anyone has gold to throw my way, I spent a load this turn trying to build/recruit/do enough stuff to cope if this attack -doesn't- work, and if Man for example has some spare that'd be quite handy. If not I'll survive, probably.

I have:
    No spare items
    5 fire gems +2/turn
    14 air gems +3/turn (I can use these quite fast as soon as I get a bit higher in Conjuration)
    14 earth gems +4/turn
    21 pearls +2/turn
    5 death gems +1/turn (I'm saving these, as I have no death mages except pretender)
    20 nature gems +3/turn (I have many, many uses for these, they can vanish inside a couple of turns, and probably will unless someone needs them)

and construction 2. If you want something from that stash, I'm too tied up making troops and stuff to use them in the next couple of turns, though I am now researching conjuration up to somewhere useful. After that I expect I'll go for Construction again.
    Giant Moth
    Giant Moth

Number of posts : 54
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post  Giant Moth Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:04 pm

Agartha, you are free to take 23, Glimmering Fields from me. It's cleared of indies. If you don't want it(due to an abundance of other land to spread to), tell me so I can add PD to it.

Jomon, you are free to take 29, Copper Woods, from me. It's cleared of indies. My army is moving away from it this turn.

Next turn I'm sending away my warden army. 20 Wardens strong with a lord that might become prophet once I get the powah back. I gave my lord warden a black steel full plate, so I won't lose my wardens too easily by him dying. With a body protection of 23, and a head protection of 20 I think he is pretty safe. No ethereal or luck though. I might attach a magistrate or two to them, for sneaky magic support.

Also, fun thing about Bernlad the Green Knight, he's the perfect example of a heroic knight. His heroic ability is even heroic stupidity Smile
    Aristander

Number of posts : 39

Post  Aristander Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:23 pm

Yea!, I defeated Mitclan's jags and rain warriors and am sieging his capital. Most of the giants took afflictions but reinforcements will arrive in two turns.
    Aristander

Number of posts : 39

Post  Aristander Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:29 pm

My spies have started to get into Abysia. Their capital has 50 units abysian light infantry and anathemant salamandars. Provinces 107, 94, 88, 90 are all empty.
    pyg
    pyg

Post  pyg Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Aristander wrote:Yea!, I defeated Mitclan's jags and rain warriors and am sieging his capital. Most of the giants took afflictions but reinforcements will arrive in two turns.

I just started playing Gath in Betelgeuse plus lots of SP. I love them (Ashdod and Hinnom too). Serens, Baals, and Gibbors plus Baals are 3H! Wow! Anyway rock on.
    pyg
    pyg

Post  pyg Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:31 pm

Ironhawk says he lost his Pretender to Ulm on IRC... let's hear!

I think this game is just about over.

IIRC IH said something about getting two aflictions from arrow strikes, chest wound and limp so when his army routed (it routed not Ulm?) Ulm caught up with him and killed him before he could get off the field.

Last edited by pyg on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:52 pm

I would LOVE to know what ironhawk is talking about.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Turn 12 Empty Turn 12

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:11 am

pyg wrote:Wow, R'yleh and I think alike! Sorry about your troops.

Yeah, that wasn't too cool. Lost the mercs, but oh well.

If possible I'd like Ulm to be able to remain in the game, perhaps if necessary by exchanging provinces with a neighbor and building a fort in the interior, so at least they can continue to contribute. If we can win with all 10 players intact that'd be great. Losing the mercs set me back a bit in reaching Ulm, will need a turn or two before I can get there.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Turn 12 Empty Turn

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:22 am

Darloth wrote:(Repost: I'll just put this here then)

My assault failed, blunted by the Vampire Queen - I should have also attacked the capitol, but hindsight etc etc.

The elephant corps have come up for bid - I can't quickly find the info for them so I won't make the topic, but someone should, and we really ought to buy them. I have enough spare gold to throw and perhaps a pressing need for Mercs if this fight with Pythium is going to be this messy, but I'm not sure how well they'll do against the vampire queen - that fear aura is nasty. Either way, I put down 302 gold for them.

I'm going to throw all my forces into a strike on 15, Pythium itself, and hope it succeeds - A push against 10 and 19 by R'lyeh would be a good idea either way - 19 especially only has 1pt of province defense, though there is a vampire queen there I honestly doubt she's going to stay.

Pythium is striking back, seems to have come up with 40 or so troops in a single turn (mostly vinemen it looks like) lost 10 as easily as I had taken it.

Jomon, your right, they'll probably be expecting a counter attack on their weakened capital.

I'll send in a few troops (thats all I have) to try to take 19. I could try a weak assault on the capital (30 or so ithycids) as well, though it might be futile, let me know what you think. I'll have more in the area next turn.

Will be going for 28 (from Mictlan) and 30 this turn.

Oh yes, discovered what pd water nations get on land, at least in the case of R'lyeh. It seems amphibious national troops only. Loboguards and Slave troopers last time.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:49 am

Darloth wrote:(Repost: I'll just put this here then)

If anyone has gold to throw my way, I spent a load this turn trying to build/recruit/do enough stuff to cope if this attack -doesn't- work, and if Man for example has some spare that'd be quite handy. If not I'll survive, probably.

I have:
    No spare items
    5 fire gems +2/turn
    14 air gems +3/turn (I can use these quite fast as soon as I get a bit higher in Conjuration)
    14 earth gems +4/turn
    21 pearls +2/turn
    5 death gems +1/turn (I'm saving these, as I have no death mages except pretender)
    20 nature gems +3/turn (I have many, many uses for these, they can vanish inside a couple of turns, and probably will unless someone needs them)

and construction 2. If you want something from that stash, I'm too tied up making troops and stuff to use them in the next couple of turns, though I am now researching conjuration up to somewhere useful. After that I expect I'll go for Construction again.

I'll go ahead and make the page for the elephants. Ordinarily I would snatch them up in a heartbeat. However, at the moment I don't have any really good targets to use them on. I'll send you 400 gold this turn, and I hope you'll be able to buy the elephants to help stave off pythium. I doubt they'd fare very well against hydras but they should work reasonably well on anything else he can field.

If anyone needs gems, I can't really do anything with them at the moment. I have earth, death, air and astral gems. Ulm, how does it look for you? My attack on those knights above you failed horribly, but I'm bringing in my real army now. If it loses I don't know what I can do, but I doubt it will. How well it will fare against abysia is another thing altogether, there are a few spells I really wish I have that I don't. But I think I should be able to drive him out.
    Lavaere

Number of posts : 111

Post  Lavaere Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:22 am

Well I'll any Air Gems from anyone, so I can continue to make Owl Quills. And Weightless Items.
    I noticed I can make both Ring and Amulet of Water Breathing. They any good or a waste gems.

As for myself I think this turn I'm making a Weightless Armor and Fire Sword. And after getting myself a new Five Fold Angel, he will be summoning me some blood summons.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:07 am

The weightless items can be useful, depending on what you're getting them for. Rings and amulets of water breathing would be useful for someone with strong recruitable commanders to get into the water. Pills of water breathing and the like would be better because they also allow troops to travel underwater, which would be useful for an amphibious assault, but if for example utgard wanted he could probably put some water breathing items to good use.

I will send you some air gems this turn, I need to keep some for site searching though so I won't send all of them.
    Amonchakad
    Amonchakad

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-02-07

Post  Amonchakad Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:53 am

Giant Moth wrote:Agartha, you are free to take 23, Glimmering Fields from me. It's cleared of indies. If you don't want it(due to an abundance of other land to spread to), tell me so I can add PD to it.

I will take it immediately,thanks.

Btw,i didn't get it last turn because in turn 11 topic you were talking about land 24.Probably just a typo:)

And,if anyone needs them badly,I have some surplus of fire gems.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237

Post  LumenPlacidum Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:58 am

Well, my defensive forces took a hit, but I successfully defended my capital. In doing so, I killed Abysia's Son of the Sun, although my vampire prophet was blinded by an enemy mage. Hopefully immortal troops heal afflictions. I managed to kill 66 of his army, or about half of what he attacked with, since he did not wait for the reinforcements I was worried about. His pretender didn't get a jump on the rest of his army fleeing from my terror-helmed vampire because he was cursed (hooray for scripting Curse!) and then crippled and was swamped by pikemen and heavy infantry when he couldn't fit through the remainder of his army. The pretender kept using his AoE melee attack against my vampire, but didn't manage to kill him. He eventually went down once his mistform was broken.

My situation is better, but I'm certainly still threatened. I might use this as an opportunity to try to take back some of those buffer provinces, since marshaling his forces might be more difficult now. However, it seems to me that the danger is too great that one of the neighbors, such as Pan might replace the force in my target province with a fresh one that I will not be able to destroy. The fact that the best target for me is obvious would just make it easier in that regard. So, I'm deploying spies to see what is where. I'll attack next turn. Until then, my vampire will be visiting his weekend home up in the Grey Mountains. Razz

On account of my financial spine being broken, and my research becoming sub-par, it is STILL a good idea to have someone else take over my front-line position. It is not necessary that it happen immediately, though.

Also, T'ien Chi, you just attacked the knights province north of me? See why I had trouble expanding? Heh.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Turn 12 Empty Turn 12

Post  Septimius Severus Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:33 am

LumenPlacidum wrote:Well, my defensive forces took a hit, but I successfully defended my capital. In doing so, I killed Abysia's Son of the Sun, although my vampire prophet was blinded by an enemy mage.

That is good news indeed!
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Turn 12 Empty Turn 12

Post  Septimius Severus Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:36 am

Midgard, if I lose province 4 with my weak land troops, since your now in a position to back me up, promise me you'll retake it from Pythium. Perhaps I should just exchange it with you. Anyway be ready there.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:22 am

LumenPlacidum wrote:Well, my defensive forces took a hit, but I successfully defended my capital. In doing so, I killed Abysia's Son of the Sun, although my vampire prophet was blinded by an enemy mage. Hopefully immortal troops heal afflictions. I managed to kill 66 of his army, or about half of what he attacked with, since he did not wait for the reinforcements I was worried about. His pretender didn't get a jump on the rest of his army fleeing from my terror-helmed vampire because he was cursed (hooray for scripting Curse!) and then crippled and was swamped by pikemen and heavy infantry when he couldn't fit through the remainder of his army. The pretender kept using his AoE melee attack against my vampire, but didn't manage to kill him. He eventually went down once his mistform was broken.

My situation is better, but I'm certainly still threatened. I might use this as an opportunity to try to take back some of those buffer provinces, since marshaling his forces might be more difficult now. However, it seems to me that the danger is too great that one of the neighbors, such as Pan might replace the force in my target province with a fresh one that I will not be able to destroy. The fact that the best target for me is obvious would just make it easier in that regard. So, I'm deploying spies to see what is where. I'll attack next turn. Until then, my vampire will be visiting his weekend home up in the Grey Mountains. Razz

On account of my financial spine being broken, and my research becoming sub-par, it is STILL a good idea to have someone else take over my front-line position. It is not necessary that it happen immediately, though.

Also, T'ien Chi, you just attacked the knights province north of me? See why I had trouble expanding? Heh.

Great job killing off Abysia's pretender, I have the feeling that's a setback he could have lived without. Immortals do recover from afflictions, usually pretty quickly even. He should be able to see again within a few turns. I wouldn't be surprised if abysia kept working the blinding though. It might be a good idea to get an mr amulet for your vampire to make him harder to blind.

I don't have spies up in your area yet, so I can't tell you the likelihood of your running into enemy troops if you break out. I'm still bringing my army though, with fairly significant mage support. Do you have PD over your capitol still? I don't want to have to attack your pd to get through, so if it's still there I'll wait to make a move until you come under siege. It'll be dangerous enough as it is using my army like that, where it would be really easy to cut off my retreat and destroy my army completely if I lose a battle, so I don't terribly want to go beyond your fort anyway. If nothing else, this turn I should capture the knight province behind you, and I can give it to you which should bring you a bit more income and increase your resources quite a bit.

Anyone have gold to spare for ulm this turn? I should have some next turn but I handed out quite a bit this turn already.
    pyg
    pyg

Post  pyg Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:25 am

Septimius Severus wrote:Midgard, if I lose province 4 with my weak land troops, since your now in a position to back me up, promise me you'll retake it from Pythium. Perhaps I should just exchange it with you. Anyway be ready there.

Well, I'm raiding with that army and not really trying to hold things, just trying to deny the enemy from having them. I can't park an army anywhere around the gorgon anyway. I might be able to hit 4 next turn if there is a large enemy army in it though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content