Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+7
Jachra
Darloth
Stretch
Septimius Severus
Illuminated One
LumenPlacidum
rdonj
11 posters

Turn 1

Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Turn 1

Post  Septimius Severus Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:16 pm

No response to my pm's from Jachra. I'll have to switch him to alternate I'm afraid. It is time to begin this game.
    P3D

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  P3D Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:29 am

TC Pretender is Awake Lord of Plenty E4S4N4 with close to neutral scales. Should've picked Heat, ah, well. Or Kailasa not TC for that matter.

Strategy is to start summoning the various Celestial troops ASAP helped with the gem income from the pretender, depending on the actual enemy I'd face. Being on the front I'll need them.

Notes on Hinnom.
    They'll start with trampling size5 Chariots and Dawn Guards (30HPish medium-prot Giant with magic weapons). With the pop eating Hinnom should not buy their SCs and large giant troops right away. BTW Hinnom is Heat nation with Fire Resistance for the most important troops.

There are five noob Blood nations (M, L, S, A, V). My suggestion is not all of them developing Const4, the other two should trade slaves for SDR and Thorn Armor (no need to empower too much either). Mictlan most probably should concentrate their limited initial research on Blood/Alteration not on Const-4.

When M,L,S have 3 N2B3 casters, they should start shutting down the capitals in the following order: Niefel, Caelum (Eagle King), Hinnom (they are the least affected IMO), Helheim (they need some loving too).
    That means 3 RoT and at least one sustained thereafter.

This also means that scouting priority is to find enemy castles (Agartha could scry too).

Further notes.

Vets do not have Nature gem income. C'tis (or Sauro) should get to Alt-5 and cast Mother Oak to deny it to them.
    Then whichever bless nation would benefit the most should research Ench-5 and Gift of Health.

The vets do not have good researchers, which is ceding all the Artifacts (if the game lasts as long) to the Noobs. The only good vet research unit is the Helheim Svartalf (RoT them).

Horror Spam - those who have SA casters.
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Post  Illuminated One Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:43 am

P3D wrote:There are five noob Blood nations (M, L, S, A, V). My suggestion is not all of them developing Const4, the other two should trade slaves for SDR and Thorn Armor (no need to empower too much either). Mictlan most probably should concentrate their limited initial research on Blood/Alteration not on Const-4.

Hmm...
    I won't need Alt if noone breaks through to me. Since I will empower for Demon Lords anyway I will be able to forge all blood stuff on const 4 I think.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:47 am

P3D wrote:TC Pretender is Awake Lord of Plenty E4S4N4 with close to neutral scales. Should've picked Heat, ah, well. Or Kailasa not TC for that matter.

Strategy is to start summoning the various Celestial troops ASAP helped with the gem income from the pretender, depending on the actual enemy I'd face. Being on the front I'll need them.

Notes on Hinnom.
    They'll start with trampling size5 Chariots and Dawn Guards (30HPish medium-prot Giant with magic weapons). With the pop eating Hinnom should not buy their SCs and large giant troops right away. BTW Hinnom is Heat nation with Fire Resistance for the most important troops.

There are five noob Blood nations (M, L, S, A, V). My suggestion is not all of them developing Const4, the other two should trade slaves for SDR and Thorn Armor (no need to empower too much either). Mictlan most probably should concentrate their limited initial research on Blood/Alteration not on Const-4.

When M,L,S have 3 N2B3 casters, they should start shutting down the capitals in the following order: Niefel, Caelum (Eagle King), Hinnom (they are the least affected IMO), Helheim (they need some loving too).
    That means 3 RoT and at least one sustained thereafter.

This also means that scouting priority is to find enemy castles (Agartha could scry too).

Further notes.

Vets do not have Nature gem income. C'tis (or Sauro) should get to Alt-5 and cast Mother Oak to deny it to them.
    Then whichever bless nation would benefit the most should research Ench-5 and Gift of Health.

The vets do not have good researchers, which is ceding all the Artifacts (if the game lasts as long) to the Noobs. The only good vet research unit is the Helheim Svartalf (RoT them).

Horror Spam - those who have SA casters.

A great posting for our (as yet) empty strategy thread, at least the parts pertaining to vet strategies.

I tell ya, I can't keep up with all these abreviations. Well it looks like you guys know what your doing, thats the good part at least. Smile

Last edited by Septimius Severus on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:40 pm

I have the feeling Sauromatia may need money early on, as they are surrounded by low value provinces. This may also affect blood hunting. Hopefully the situation there is slightly better than it looks. Anyway, this time almost everyone is on the front, but from the looks of sauromatia's position, it is going to be one of the poorest on the map. If Sauromatia has money woes it may be a good idea to toss a little money his way.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:55 am

As me and Illuminated are the only two quasi back benchers, I'll be sending some money to Sauromatia and maybe a few others.
    Lavaere

Number of posts : 111

Post  Lavaere Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:23 am

Thought I'd be last to send in a turn. But apparently not any more.

2 turns and I'll be at Construction lvl 2, after that Conjuration 2 and then Blood.
    Army front, getting a second scout to go Vet searching. And then a bunch of blood hunters. Hoping to be able to summon a large enough army early on.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:52 pm

A reminder to those who have yet to submit their turns to do so. Staling early on could cost us.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content