Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+4
rdonj
Darloth
Illuminated One
P3D
8 posters

Marketplace

Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Marketplace - Page 3 Empty Re: Marketplace

Post  Septimius Severus Sun May 10, 2009 1:14 am

P3D wrote:Can make Shambler Skin Armor if that's OK (prot 8 and only 3W gems).
    For the Assassins? yeah that'd be nice, something ethereal would be good as well.

Edit: And the skull mentors and some pills of water breathing if anyone has some.
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Post  Illuminated One Sun May 10, 2009 12:26 pm

Judging from the bless Mysterio is an imprisoned master druid or great mother.

I'll make a ring of waterbreathing and see if I can send a skull mentor this turn, if not then next.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Sun May 10, 2009 3:21 pm

I have W1 available, so I can do rings of water breathing without difficulty.

If there's a spare hammer floating around, I'd find another one useful but not vital.
    P3D

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  P3D Mon May 11, 2009 1:15 pm

I'd realized something.

Could Mictlan make a blood stone or two? If Mictlan does not have Earth access, easiest might be sending 2 blood boosters and 50 slaves to empower an Agarthan Oracle for forgin).

Second, I have 100 astral gems, I think sending it to Agartha, then they could empower two Oracles (or E2 readers with boots) to cast GfH against Hinnom.

I am like 5 turn from Const 6 to make rings and elemental staffs.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Post  Darloth Mon May 11, 2009 4:33 pm

I could so do with an elemental staff, or ANY fire booster.
    P3D

Post  P3D Mon May 11, 2009 4:39 pm

???

Gifts from Heaven is an E3S1 battlefield spell for 3x150 AoE damage.
    P3D

Post  P3D Mon May 11, 2009 4:43 pm

I decided to go for Conjuration (for elemental royalties) instead of Const-6, I have 350RP advantage that direction.
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Mon May 11, 2009 5:18 pm

I'd like a couple water rings please! My indie 1W1N amazons can already nature search with the thistle mace/treelord staff, would be nice to void of apsu as well.

If we find any air domes up (I'm thinking Caelum has one) keep in mind that voice of apsu can break it (cast 5x VoA and you have a good chance at breaking the dome).

Did anyone verify whether we're allowed to cast multiple air or nature domes on the same province? I think that, unless all of them fall in the same turn, none of them are gone for good, which is a bug. That is, if you cast 5 air domes then someone has to break all 5 domes in 1 turn or you get all 5 back next turn. IMO that's an exploit and I'm not using it, but it might be worth asking about on the shrapnel forum thread.
    Illuminated One

Post  Illuminated One Mon May 11, 2009 9:16 pm

I don't have the bloodslaves now to do that. With the few I save I want to get an Archdevil first.
    But I think Vanheim gets earth-blood mages, could make two boosters.
    Hmm, I've been thinking about getting an earthmage myself to sitesearch. Could anyone at my borders help me hellbind heart one?

Also I do not think empowering to get GoH is worth it. I have used that spell excessively as Marverni and while it's really cool it's very hard to use. Against SCs or small groups you'd want a good precision first and use an Eye of Aiming or Battlefield Buffs or better both. I think because of being one eyed Agartha can get neither.
    Hmm, it might be a nasty trick on a siege, two mages in the gate, one skellyspamming and one on (buff)...(GoH). But then I would just keep the pearls in reserve until that happens.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Mon May 11, 2009 10:13 pm

I thought it was decided in that thread that the domes don't regenerate, they just give more domes for you to have to go through. I would still say it's a bit of a bug/exploit though.

Gifts from heaven can be a very effective spell. But I would definitely not empower someone to cast it without being able to buff for precision, it's just too inaccurate and dangerous. GfH is a great giant deterrent though, I'm playing an sp game as ashdod and a single caster killed 3 or 4 sacreds and an adon in one battle... still trying to figure out a good way to take that fort without just remotely assassinating everything Razz
    P3D

Post  P3D Mon May 11, 2009 11:05 pm

With the amount of Giants Hinnom have, we definitely need GfH.
    Stretch

Post  Stretch Tue May 12, 2009 11:01 am

I'll have to recheck the thread but when I last read it someone said they had proof that the air domes don't break unless you get all of them on a single turn. Only air and forest domes can break AFAIK and the guy was testing air domes.

I just updated my turn to send Mictlan 15 blood slaves. Please try and update your turn to send lesser or full horrors (whatever you can do) at this Caelum's eagle king in the province I stated... it's a good opportunity and the slaves are on their way to replace what it costs you. I will not have blood for awhile and can't do it myself, although I can gather slaves if needed.

Is blood stone construction-4 or 6? I think it requires 1E2B? At work now and can't check requirements...
    P3D

Post  P3D Tue May 12, 2009 11:31 am

Const 4 B3E2. We could scrap together enough if you need to empower.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Post  Darloth Tue May 12, 2009 12:29 pm

Can I borrow the Treelord's Staff for a turn or two, please? I'd be putting up a nature dome over my forts with it, and I can't manage +2N on my own.

Edit: Belay that. Too late. I just looked at my turn. blarrgh.

Edit2: Actually, I could still do with a thistle, or the staff if it's going spare. Thistle might be safer given my condition, though.

Last edited by Darloth on Tue May 12, 2009 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Darloth
    Darloth

Post  Darloth Tue May 12, 2009 1:42 pm

If anyone has a hat that grants 100% lightning resistance, or magic resistance, or anything amazingly cool to put on my one attempt at an SC, I need it and I need it now. Helheim has seiged both my forts and taken 2/3rds of my provinces this turn. Otherwise, on a bane lord, which do you suggest is worse losing: Luck, or +4 magic resistance?
    Illuminated One

Post  Illuminated One Tue May 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Depends on what your facing.

If you face mr resist spells, +4 mr is better, but if you face thugs/non mr spells (thunderstrike I guess?) luck.

@Stretch

Thanks for the slaves. It's kind of sad I thought I would hand them out but the routine stuff eats so much every turn.
    No need to gather slaves for me though, my bloodhunters are a lot more cost efficient, what I could need would be more gold, so I can hunt more provinces.

I have only two lesser horror casters, who are both targeting the god already.
    I suppose the eagle king is not an urgent target and will leave it that way.
    P3D

Post  P3D Tue May 12, 2009 6:37 pm

Bane Lord is only 3-4 Dust-to-Dust (no MR), and you are facing Helheim.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Tue May 12, 2009 7:17 pm

Yes, the luck is more important. What would be really good is boots of flying, so that you can get on top of him quickly and hopefully not have to survive too many dust to dusts. Hopefully that is coupled with something like a fire brand and a vine shield, so when he attacks he reduces his normally insane defense to something more reasonable and gives you a chance to bash his face in.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Post  Darloth Wed May 13, 2009 12:32 pm

Sadly I can't manage the boots of flying, but I'll have lots of other undead on the field to soak spells... including a Behemoth, which I will set to hang in the middle of the battlefield (guard commander) and with some luck, it'll soak up just about all of those D2Ds.
    Stretch

Post  Stretch Thu May 14, 2009 12:12 am

Put a slave collar on a scout and have the scouts defend likely Jarl attack provinces. I've got 2 brewing myself to try and take care of a couple pesky eagle kings (and just be annoying, haha).
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Thu May 14, 2009 1:14 am

Stretch wrote:Put a slave collar on a scout and have the scouts defend likely Jarl attack provinces. I've got 2 brewing myself to try and take care of a couple pesky eagle kings (and just be annoying, haha).
    Sounds like a good idea. Are the Jarls certain to pick up the item?
    Stretch

Post  Stretch Thu May 14, 2009 10:43 am

Just like with any item, a commander in the square might find it or he might not. I don't see niefel putting many other commanders near his jarls though. Not sure if he's backing them up with scouts or not. If your slave scout dies in a province with your commanders, they might pick it up, which is why scouts are nice (get them comfortably away from your own commanders) before dying.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Post  Darloth Thu May 14, 2009 11:46 am

Well, that would be good if I had scouts.

I don't.

I've only found two provinces that even COULD provide indie commanders, one of which I devoted to scouts instead... and the other one Helheim ate.

My province luck has been utter crap, I tell you. Also, I seem to remember reading that slave collars were much less likely to be picked up (or maybe impossible to pick up) compared to other bits of equipment... Thanks for the advice though. I should stop cluttering the marketplace thread with it.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Post  Darloth Thu May 14, 2009 12:40 pm

Where's my damn thistle mace?!

It was kinda critical to not dying Smile

I -think- I can boost using a gem, but... bleh.

Edit: Nope, can't. Can't break out this turn. I'll forge one myself, with nature gems I don't have... mumble, mutter, unreliable people with their unreliable sticky mace-fingers. Rereading my post asking for it, I admit it doesn't -sound- critical, but I was mistaken. I would also -love- the treelord's staff as it would save me a nature gem... but, as I said - it'll be getting used in battle, and horrible, fighting dozens of spell-throwing vans battle at that.

I would like to be sent some nature gems please, by next turn if possible. 5 should do, and if you read this and I still haven't submitted, please someone resend your turn with a few. I know, I know, I should say earlier, but playing these turns isn't actually any fun.

Last edited by Darloth on Thu May 14, 2009 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more clarification)
    Stretch

Post  Stretch Thu May 14, 2009 1:15 pm

Thistle mace sent. Sorry, forgot about it last turn. 3 nature gems and 4 astral sent, but if you can swing not alchemizing the astral that would be great (I can always use astral gems but I wasn't sure how bad your need for nature was).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content