Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+3
P3D
Illuminated One
Septimius Severus
7 posters

Turn 29

Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 29 Empty Turn 29

Post  Septimius Severus Tue May 19, 2009 9:10 am

Well I've looked at my turn. Lanka has been sending me stuff, perhaps to unload before the end comes.

I successfully took province 7 (Alluvia) from Atlantis and finally succeeded in taking 14 (sans the fort) from Neifelheim. If I can secure a hold on 7 and breach the forts defenses in 14, it would be something of a breakthrough.

Darloth, my attack against the un-forted Helheim province failed (it was close but my 20 or so barbarians routed, only had one missle unit to use against their glamour). I'm still beseiging that fort of Helheim's. As these were your provinces let me know if you intend to retake them and when (I'll break my seige).

Any other progress against the vets? Good news may change the outcome of next turns vote on continuing.
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Turn 29 Empty Re: Turn 29

Post  Illuminated One Tue May 19, 2009 9:31 am

If anyone has scouts running around vet territory we can coordinate a few lesser horror raids.
    I have enough gold atm but thanks for the gold transfer.

I will attack 108 this turn.
    P3D

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  P3D Tue May 19, 2009 4:17 pm

No good news here, I manage Hinnom but only because the main effort is elsewhere.

Niefelheim's at least still at 120 unrest.
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Tue May 19, 2009 10:16 pm

I can send 7 seeking arrows per turn for a total cost of 14 air. If you see any prime targets, let me know, otherwise I'll use them against caelum.

No capitals or major forts, please. I don't want to shoot these things into a dome that's going to kill me. No stealthed commanders either.
    Lavaere

Number of posts : 111

Post  Lavaere Tue May 19, 2009 10:27 pm

Yup Lanka is done for. Lost capital and two really bad regions left.
    Happy hunting everyone
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Wed May 20, 2009 12:33 am

Illuminated One wrote:If anyone has scouts running around vet territory we can coordinate a few lesser horror raids.
    I have enough gold atm but thanks for the gold transfer.

I will attack 108 this turn.
    I've a scout in 23 in Hinnom territory (across the straight from Formoria) and an assasin in 34 in Niefel territory across from 14. Let me know.

Both provinces have forts, but anyone who can spare any remote spells (and wants to take a chance), sending em there might help pave the way for Formoria and prevent Neifel from breaking the seige on 14. 50 (Atlantis) is another such target.

Lanka, you held out quite some time. Congrats. If you still have a prov or two, the capital can always be recovered, though I don't know what the situation is, seemed pretty grim.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Wed May 20, 2009 12:51 am

I'm swinging Rexor around toward 14 and trying to move any other troops in that direction.

I expect an attack from Atlantis. They've got 178 troops in 50 which borders 14 (I think it's the cap, can't remember though) and may attempt to break the seige, they are also moving another 100 troops in that direction. I am debating whether to lift the seige and move back for one turn to see what happens.

Sending some air gems to Fomoria. (Grudge, alot of Kohens in that province across the way, but if I remember they are just priests and I beleive have no other initial magic paths). Water prov 262 might be a good alternative target.

I'm moving Gibbur into 7 (Aluvia) to aid in holding that province.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Wed May 20, 2009 7:52 am

If you do fall back, keep an expendable commander there just in case they don't try and break it - that way you can keep them bottled up for another turn.

I made the fatal mistake of trying to break out too soon (honestly, I thought Foul Vapors would have been better. I hardly poisoned half his force -_-), but I did succeed on my other fort and so my losing main thrust had somewhere to retreat to.

I lost some equipped banes, which hurts, and a shedload of undead, which were sorta but not hugely costly to summon...

I could do with another 300 gold or so to make sure I don't run low, but it's not mega urgent - if no one sends it this turn, please send some next turn.

Both 50 (Atlantis) and 30 (Cerulean Sea) have forts on, although I can't see if there are any troops in 30.

I don't think I can hold 265, so if you want to show up there with an army capable of taking a bunch of van and suchlike, feel free, it only has 1 pd. I won't lose either castle for a while yet, not until they start bringing up wallbreakers and seige engineers.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Wed May 20, 2009 9:09 am

Darloth wrote:If you do fall back, keep an expendable commander there just in case they don't try and break it - that way you can keep them bottled up for another turn.
    If advised to do so I will, otherwise since my turn is already in I guess I'll stick it out.
    There may be a Jarl and some skins in the fort. Hmm, that's an interesting question. Would they attempt to break the siege? Niefel couldn't this turn so they (Atlantis) might.
    If I stay, well I'll be able to put down a break-out attempt but risk getting beat by Atlantis' larger force. If I move out and leave a commander there, well Atlantis has three options:
    1. Don't attempt to break the seige.
    2. Attempt to break the seige and maintain it for one or more turns to buy Neifel some time. But this would bottle up Niefel and Atlantis would not be able to set up PD.
    3. Attempt to break the seige and stay and storm the castle. If there are significant troops inside this would be noob favorable friendly fire and Atlantis PD on land if used is probably weaker than Neifel PD.

It will be interesting to see what they do.

I'm out of cash this turn, but will send some next turn.
    P3D

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  P3D Wed May 20, 2009 4:06 pm

I'd concede to the vets. 3 players almost eliminated, Agartha getting beaten, and just look at the Hinnom research graph.
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Wed May 20, 2009 5:22 pm

As of next turn, I get mass flight. I think I can also ward everyone vs. thunder at once, but I'm not sure. This is a learning game, and I'd rather fight till the bitter end (or at least, closer to the bitter end). I am going to give Caelum the business in 2 turns. It's going to be nasty and he's not going to like it one bit, and I will laugh. The rest of you can do whatever you want, but I will not rest. It is on like donkey kong. I have gone berserk and will not rout. They are going to have to kill my glamorous ass.

Rally, team. This is a great time to practice maximizing the efficiency of your forces. To practice unorthodox attacks. To practice making your enemies lives hell. To practice making you a poor target in another MP game because you are such a royal pain in the ass even when losing that someone just picks an easier target.

Do we cower in the dirt, waiting for the end? Or do we make them pry the frost brands from our cold, dead hands? It's a rhetorical question.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237

Post  LumenPlacidum Wed May 20, 2009 5:51 pm

Agartha is definitely getting beaten, although I'm hoping to deal some serious damage to hinnom this next turn as well as throw atlantis out of my terrain entirely. Hinnom is amassing an army next to some of my indie researchers... with 3 gems and a communion, they're gonna be casting gifts from heaven... all 15 of them. Over and over.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content