Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+3
Stretch
GrudgeBringer
LumenPlacidum
7 posters

Turn 30 (Continue?)

LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 30 (Continue?) Empty Turn 30 (Continue?)

Post  LumenPlacidum Wed May 20, 2009 5:52 pm

Well, I'd vote to end the game, although I do want to see the results of this turn's orders. We've essentially lost this one.
    GrudgeBringer

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2009-04-09

Turn 30 (Continue?) Empty Turn 30

Post  GrudgeBringer Wed May 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Unless you want me to do a Kami-Kazi agianst Hinnoms Fort I am just sitting here clicking and waiting for him to show up in force...

I would say Fomoria is pretty well cooked, but I think everyone knew that when I took it over.

I will attack him if you want just for grins (will take 2 turns tho)

Let me know
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Turn 30 (Continue?) Empty Re: Turn 30 (Continue?)

Post  Stretch Wed May 20, 2009 10:24 pm

My statement from the Turn 29 thread stands:

I have mass flight now, and get can in the eagle king's face with hirdmen on the first round of combat. This is a learning game, and I'd rather fight till the bitter end (or at least, closer to the bitter end). I am going to give Caelum the business next turn so definitely no giving up until then please (I'm sure we'd all like to have a few turns to go all out nuts on people). It's going to be nasty and he's not going to like it one bit, and I will laugh. The rest of you can do whatever you want, but I will not rest. It is on like donkey kong. I have gone berserk and will not rout. They are going to have to kill my glamorous ass.

Rally, team. This is a great time to practice maximizing the efficiency of your forces. To practice unorthodox attacks. To practice making your enemies lives hell. To practice making you a poor target in another MP game because you are such a royal pain in the ass even when losing that someone just picks an easier target.

Do we cower in the dirt, waiting for the end? Or do we make them pry the frost brands from our cold, dead hands? It's a rhetorical question.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Thu May 21, 2009 1:27 am

P3D wrote:I'd concede to the vets. 3 players almost eliminated, Agartha getting beaten, and just look at the Hinnom research graph.
    Vote results so far:

2 for concede
    3 for continue

Last edited by Septimius Severus on Thu May 21, 2009 10:52 am; edited 5 times in total
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Thu May 21, 2009 1:31 am

GrudgeBringer wrote:Unless you want me to do a Kami-Kazi agianst Hinnoms Fort I am just sitting here clicking and waiting for him to show up in force...

I would say Fomoria is pretty well cooked, but I think everyone knew that when I took it over.

Let me know
    If you think you can take that province and hold it, go ahead, or perhaps that water province. No use in waiting if you can. Do you think Formoria would be viable in the future given a few more provinces perhaps?

rdonj? What's your opionion? Are we just prolonging the inevitable here or do we forge onward to a possible glorious and well deserved victory?
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Thu May 21, 2009 2:22 am

A beautiful defense of Validun (6) vs Atlantis' 100 troops. I killed about 80 losing only 20.
    Followed by a terrible defeat at the fortress in 14 and the end of the siege, lost around 130 (including 5 commanders) taking only 34 of theirs.
    Will buff up 11 for defense or another attack.
    Darloth are you going to retake forest of Gila or Northia (244)?
    Gibur can summon a sea serpent, a kraken, or a sea troll, which is better?

Last edited by Septimius Severus on Thu May 21, 2009 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Post  Illuminated One Thu May 21, 2009 2:41 am

I'd vote to continue at least for a few turns.
    I don't think we can win, but I still have a bunch of sacreds and the Archdevil and want to see how they do.

However my Email has issues so I'd probably need a sub. And the stale has cost me dearly.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Thu May 21, 2009 7:34 am

Continue for a while - at least another 5 turns, maybe 10.

As to summoning - kraken are huge and good SCs. Sea Trolls, singular, are weedy little things slightly less tough than a normal troll - if you're talking about a sea king's court, on the other hand, they're worth summoning as you get loads of trolls and the king can summon more. I think he also makes water gems.

I've never summoned a sea serpent, sorry, but there are unit databases around to check.

I now have Darkness, and I'm going to try and kick Helheim out of my forts using it.
    GrudgeBringer

Turn 30 (Continue?) Empty Continue

Post  GrudgeBringer Thu May 21, 2009 8:12 am

Actually I am gambling (and don't like the odds) if I attack the fort.

I can look into going in the water but Fomoria just doesn't have the resources, army, or a way to get one.

So I just sit and click and wait for Hinnom to look my way.

Also, On a personal note....I will be leaving next Thursday to play Rugby in a tourny in Reno NV. Won't be back until late Sunday night so I woll either stale (which won't hurt too bad) or need an extension if we continue.

Let me know what you decide on whether we continue as I really am not doing much and takes me about 10 min to do a turn.

GrudgeBringer
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Thu May 21, 2009 10:57 am

Septimius Severus wrote:
    GrudgeBringer wrote:Unless you want me to do a Kami-Kazi agianst Hinnoms Fort I am just sitting here clicking and waiting for him to show up in force...

Let me know
    If you think you can take that province and hold it, go ahead, or perhaps that water province. No use in waiting if you can. Do you think Formoria would be viable in the future given a few more provinces perhaps?

rdonj? What's your opionion? Are we just prolonging the inevitable here or do we forge onward to a possible glorious and well deserved victory?

At least when I was playing it didn't look like you guys were getting completely thrashed. The vets were certainly winning, but there were several people still in quite decent shape. Both caelum and niefelheim have suffered very significant losses, particularly caelum as of late. It might be possible to fight them off somewhat. I would suggest that anyone who can focus on caelum does. They have a lot of gems per province, and taking them would be very helpful for keeping the gems out of vet hands. It is probably that you guys are going to lose eventually... that was pretty much decided by turn 10. But I think you can hold them off for quite a bit longer, and since this is intended to be a learning experience for newer players, I think there is plenty left to learn and stopping now when hinnom and atlantis are on the threshold of unleashing unfathomable evil on you all would deprive you of the knowledge that this installment should be heading for.

If you guys can kill off or significantly damage caelum/niefel though, you do have a shot at victory. Particularly if darloth's forces succeed in breaking out of his forts this turn.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Thu May 21, 2009 11:00 am

Darloth wrote:Continue for a while - at least another 5 turns, maybe 10.

As to summoning - kraken are huge and good SCs. Sea Trolls, singular, are weedy little things slightly less tough than a normal troll - if you're talking about a sea king's court, on the other hand, they're worth summoning as you get loads of trolls and the king can summon more. I think he also makes water gems.

I've never summoned a sea serpent, sorry, but there are unit databases around to check.

I now have Darkness, and I'm going to try and kick Helheim out of my forts using it.
    It's the single sea troll. So I guess I'll do the Kraken. I will assume then that you will not be going into Helheim's fort at Forest of Gila or attacking Northia (244). I will therefore attempt a recapture of Northia and continue my siege of Helheim in Forest of Gila until you releive me.

If we had some pills of water breathing it would help both me and Formoria, and anyone else attempting to take some provinces from Atlantis. Failing that:

Grudgebringer, you may wish to just park your troops in the province facing the straight and just let Formoria stale from now on and take over for Illuminated One (Mictlan) due to e-mail issues.

Vanheim, as Formoria is geographically your territory it'd probably be best for you to come in and retake anything Formoria loses or take them over outright including the fort I now hold. Both of you let me know ASAP.

Last edited by Septimius Severus on Thu May 21, 2009 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Thu May 21, 2009 11:07 am

Septimius Severus wrote:Gibur can summon a sea serpent, a kraken, or a sea troll, which is better?

Between sea serpents and krakens, the kraken is completely undoubtedly superior. iirc, they have similar stats, except the kraken has recuperation where the sea serpent doesn't, and is also far cheaper (2 gems vs 5). Sea trolls... eh... not that fond of them. Sometimes you find them underwater as indies and I've not really found them that big of an impediment to expansion. On the other hand, a sea troll could make a pretty neat underwater thug with its inbuilt regeneration. And yes, the sea troll kings generate water gems as darloth said. They're also pretty effective mages as well. So if you can summon the sea king's court it could be helpful.

Fomoria attacking hinnom's fort would probably be a bad idea, we don't even know how strong fomoria's bless is. I do expect them to do a decent amount of damage when they finally hit something, but the number of thugs hinnom was reported to have in the vicinity can probably kill all of fomoria's army regardless.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Thu May 21, 2009 11:12 am

Both Stretch and rdonj are correct. This is supposed to be a learning experience. However as the admin I will have to declare the game finished and removed from the active games list at some point. I also am anxious to begin work on NvVIII so there will be plenty of opportunities ahead for learning. If we continue I therefore have two choices before me then:

1. I will concede the game on behalf of the noob team but tell the vets that a few of us will continue for the sake of game/learning for a little bit more. There will be no further delays and anyone wishing not to continue will just stale. Those who do continue must inform me when to officially close the game out.

2. I will say nothing about conceding and we will simply go on until it is unamimous that we concede.

The choice is yours. Lets have some more votes and let me know which path I take. Thanks.
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Post  Illuminated One Thu May 21, 2009 1:22 pm

Well, my turn got in so the issue seems resolved.

I'm trying to take 108 and prepare the rest of my forces to help Agartha. Can give the archdevil better const-6 equipment. If anyone needs fwsnd items I can most likely make them then. Atlantis has a lot archers and Weapons of Sharpness chaff on my southern border which is bad for everything I have unfortunately. If anyone can make a shield of gleaming gold, that would be great.
    I'm also trying to get the air mercenary with 201 gold.

Niefel cap is no longer locked down, and I don't think I can get them up to 100% unrest against against the patrollers, so I'm not bothering. Might try to lock down Caelum though.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Fri May 22, 2009 7:33 am

I would find a fire skull (or whatever the fire booster that's F1D1) amazingly handy.

Also, I hope someone remembered to send me some cash - I'm just surviving on what I can pillage from the vets, but it's fairly slim pickings, especially Caelum has just squished my stealth raiders (damn banishment + archers.)
    GrudgeBringer

Turn 30 (Continue?) Empty Done

Post  GrudgeBringer Fri May 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Ok, since the pressures off I am going to do a kami-kazi on Hinnoms fort and IF (not likely) I win I will keep on attacking until I lose.

I will then stale away.

Hope I filled didn't let anyone down filling in...

See you in the next one.

Just to make sure....do NOT set on AI...just stale

GrudgeBringer
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Fri May 22, 2009 2:15 pm

There's a flying melqart in 226 that it would have been nice if you attacked, Grudgebringer. You've got a decent force of at least giving Hinnom pause, I'd appreciate it if you didn't just waste it against his ramparts leaving my northern flank unguarded. Or, you know, use it to kill the Hinnom guy 1S of 20 of your unmarkeds.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 am