Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+2
Illuminated One
Lavaere
6 posters

Turn 2

Lavaere

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 2 Empty Turn 2

Post  Lavaere Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:58 am

Turn two is up, and a quick look at the scores. Me and Caelum looking to be Sages. And Atlantis has its second region.

As for me. This turn I will complete Construction 2. And start builing up a Blood Search team.
    Special region-wise, the Tree is on the inside and was wondering if I should go for it. Or leave it to a central nation
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Turn 2 Empty Re: Turn 2

Post  Illuminated One Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:03 am

Please don't expand to much into the inside or I might have nothing to conquer.
    The tree is 1 province away from my cap. I don't mind if you take it though as long as I can expand anywhere.

Atlantis has a SC with some Astral maybe (King of many names???)... Or does that mean lots of magic?
    Caelum has that in the name of his God to fool us?
    Helheim has taxes at about 200 and patrols.

Hmm, how big a distraction would be going to const-4 to you? And can you forge brazen vessels and armor of twisting thorns.
    Might be worthwhile to follow P3Ds suggestion.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237

Post  LumenPlacidum Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:35 am

The couple of pretenders with titles as part of their names (visible in the f4 menu) seems to just be an attempt to make it look like they have a higher dominion value than they actually do. My guess is someone noticed that we used that to indicate that they were using very high dominion pretenders in the last game, and decided to see if they could throw a wrench into such predictions.

The Atlantis SC is probably a magic-less ancient kraken. They're quite capable of supporting the entire atlantian expansion on their own, but don't hold up too well to organized armies if he doesn't have any magical support for it.

Anyway, I've located a province weak enough to attack with my initial troops (17 bear warriors, woo) while I recruit a more reliable army for the oracle of subterranean waters that I'm prophetizing this turn. Once I get my first research done, I'll set up a thread in which people can ask me to use my cap site to scry on some province. That'll be in about 3-4 turns though.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:57 am

Was Ironhawk joking, or are there additional magic sites in our cap provinces?
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Vanheim here. Should be able to expand pretty well with my glamour troops. Going for evocation and alteration early on unless someone has a better idea. I have an awake crone designed to find all kinds of site search goodies when searching in tandem with my dwarves or vanjarls.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237

Post  LumenPlacidum Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:31 pm

Ironhawk was kidding, you cannot find other sites in capital provinces. Also, I'm assuming that this crone of Vanheim's is one of the norns?
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:30 pm

Norns, as in utgard? No, it's the "Crone" pretender...
    Lavaere

Post  Lavaere Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:30 pm

Illuminated One wrote:Please don't expand to much into the inside or I might have nothing to conquer.
    The tree is 1 province away from my cap. I don't mind if you take it though as long as I can expand anywhere.

Hmm, how big a distraction would be going to const-4 to you? And can you forge brazen vessels and armor of twisting thorns.
    Might be worthwhile to follow P3Ds suggestion.

In that case I'll leave the tree to you. And the volcano is to far and probably near someone else to get those gems.
    Const-4 would take around 7 turns to finish researching. I don't mind doing that, it just means not researching blood for a few turns.
    Brazen Vessels and Armor of Twisting Thorns I've never seen before. What are the requirements for those two
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:03 pm

Armor of twisting thorns - 2n3b
    Brazen Vessel - 4b

Both of them require construction 4.
    Lavaere

Post  Lavaere Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:33 pm

Ouch, I'd need to empower someone to get the blood levels. But atleast its a plan.
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Post  Illuminated One Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:54 am

Then I think it's best if I keep going at con-4 first as you would probably need to empower twice for both items.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content