Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+3
P3D
Illuminated One
Darloth
7 posters

Turn 18

Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 18 Empty Turn 18

Post  Darloth Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:51 am

Okay, here's what's up so far:

Niefel is stacking equipped High-end-thug Jarls into 14, probably building a castle or something as well. They have forted up in 34 as well.

Helheim is raiding me hard on all sides, with flying stealthy valkyries and all sorts of other nastiness.

I'm trying to push forward into 12.

How are people doing elsewhere? I have no idea if we're beseiged on all sides or what, but we need to co-ordinate somewhat better - if someone else can pressure Niefel, I might be able to push back a bit, or vice versa.

If they're going spare, I could do with hammers, fire gems, anything that grants fire or cold resistance, in roughly that order. I'm not sure anyone is there yet but some vine shields, charcoal shields and fire brands would of course be wonderful, but I doubt we have any 'spare' as such. I have enough gold at the moment but my income is steadily dropping due to Helheim's raiding. I have nature gems to spare if people need a few, and perhaps a couple of astral gems. I think I'll need my death gems for summoning stuff with.
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Turn 18 Empty Re: Turn 18

Post  Illuminated One Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:03 pm

Ready to lock down a cap.

Will, start with Hinnon and see if I can get Niefel next.
    Could anyone scry for me, so that I know how high unrest is and how much I have to cast afterwards?

On another note it locks like Abysia's cap is besieged. Since he has his other provinces I'm assuming this is Caelum.
    Can you hold/defeat them on yourself viccio?
    I have some spare gems/blood slaves lying around if that helps.

I could also try to get a flying army to jump on him if someone has some winged shoes for me but I'd need more time.
    P3D

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  P3D Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:28 pm

Hinnom will need 3xRoT on #36 to lock down, then one each turn yo make sure.
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:27 am

I am sending a dwarven hammer this turn and will send a charcoal shield next turn, Darloth. If they can help you turn the tide against the enemy then I can stamp out 1 or 2 charcoal shields per turn without too much difficulty. I'm at +12 air +13 earth per turn so I'm thinking of going conjuration to deprive our enemies of some good SCs.

Has anyone tried bane blades/banefire crossbows against the jarls? Do they resist those effects? Also, the 1 astral 1 nature curse spell might work pretty well.

PLEASE someone send me a skull staff and a thistle mace! I need them to get my skull mentor/haruspex going fast! Just one is all it takes, I'll send gems to replace it if you need me to (or whatever air/earth gems you want)
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:40 am

Illuminated One wrote:Ready to lock down a cap.

Could anyone scry for me, so that I know how high unrest is and how much I have to cast afterwards?

On another note it locks like Abysia's cap is besieged. Since he has his other provinces I'm assuming this is Caelum.

I could also try to get a flying army to jump on him if someone has some winged shoes for me but I'd need more time.
    Interesting, forgive my noobness but what is lock down a cap mean? You mean instigate massive unrest? Achieve superior dominion in the cap? or capture a cap province?
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:51 am

Darloth, haven't checked my turn yet, but I'll be doing everything I can to

1. keep Atlantis off you, 2. Put as much pressure on Niefel as I can.

Yes, there does need to be more coordination, especially so with Sauromatia and Fomoria. I hope they have been at least cordinating with their neighbors, though I can't force anyone to participate in the forums if they do not wish.
    I would only replace players who are taking actions that are harmful to the team and/or beneficial to the enemy (aka traitors).

More later.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:05 am

Septimius Severus wrote:
    Illuminated One wrote:Ready to lock down a cap.

Interesting, forgive my noobness but what is lock down a cap mean? You mean instigate massive unrest? Achieve superior dominion in the cap? or capture a cap province?

He means generate enough unrest that they can't produce units from it. Of course when the rain of toads starts hinnom will probably start patrolling his capitol, so more than 1 a turn perpetually will probably be needed at some point.
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Post  Illuminated One Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:21 am

Laveare do you have anywhere where you can safely place a 2nd fort?
    If there's no other way build it in Stone Heavens I think it costs only 800 gold there.

edit: And tell me if you could need more blood slaves.
    After the next turn I'm pretty free to develop blood economy a little more.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237

Post  LumenPlacidum Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:05 am

I'll start scrying #36 to see what the unrest there is.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:26 pm

rdonj wrote:
    He means generate enough unrest that they can't produce units from it. Of course when the rain of toads starts hinnom will probably start patrolling his capitol, so more than 1 a turn perpetually will probably be needed at some point.
    That's what I thought. I know some units are capable of instigating unrest via a command such as Bogarus' (five fold angel) I believe. Do scouts, cloaked prophets, assassins, and other stealthed units also contribute to unrest if they are hiding in a given province?

Always wanted to know.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:33 pm

I'd like to get a bit of a sitrep from everyone if possible on turn 20. Let everyone know what is going on with you, how your fareing, enemies near you, what help you might need, what your plans are and so forth. It goes without saying communication and cordination are imperative.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:41 pm

I've regained 255 from Helheim. Am sending in my undead to Alluvia (7) finally, about 50 units, hope it's enough, the Wyrm has moved off my screen somewhere. We shall see what the PD is made of. Prov 11 provides another entry point into the water due to recruitable amphibious troops.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content