Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

4 posters

Fomoria seeking arrows ect

GrudgeBringer

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2009-04-09

Fomoria   seeking arrows ect Empty Fomoria seeking arrows ect

Post  GrudgeBringer Wed May 13, 2009 5:16 am

Seeking arrows hit nothing last turn...will fire off another barrage but need to know what province #.

Hinnom took 262 with a light force...as I have no intel I am going to take it back with a sizable force (hope he does't have a follow up army) and try and force my way across the straight while patrolling my Capitol to get the Unrest down as I have no cash and troops are starting to desert (2 last turn).

I have already turned in my turn but that not unusual. I turn it in every once in a while soon I will never stale and continue to update it.

If someone has suggestions let me know.

GrudgeBringer Fomotia
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Fomoria   seeking arrows ect Empty Re: Fomoria seeking arrows ect

Post  Septimius Severus Wed May 13, 2009 9:04 am

GrudgeBringer wrote:Seeking arrows hit nothing last turn...will fire off another barrage but need to know what province #.

Hinnom took 262 with a light force...as I have no intel I am going to take it back with a sizable force (hope he does't have a follow up army) and try and force my way across the straight while patrolling my Capitol to get the Unrest down as I have no cash and troops are starting to desert (2 last turn).

I have already turned in my turn but that not unusual. I turn it in every once in a while soon I will never stale and continue to update it.

If someone has suggestions let me know.

GrudgeBringer Fomotia
    Ah, trusty Grudgebringer. Nice to see you on here at last. Aquaint yourself with the turn threads if you haven't already as that's where most of the up-to-date happenings are posted. I'd like a seeking arrow in prov 14 but rdonj advised against it (unless you've no other targets). Probably Vanheim or Illuminated will have good ideas. What about firing one across the straight before you make landfall?
    GrudgeBringer

Post  GrudgeBringer Wed May 13, 2009 12:18 pm

I guess what I really need to know more than the strategy that has already been devised is "What can I do to help the most in relation to other nations."

Fomoria reminds me of TC in the Noobs Vs Vets we won agiand Baalz and the boys.

Kind of run back and forth and hold the line if you can...confuse the enemy team on what this crazy nation is doing and try and get some provinces away from the enemy for no other reason than to piss them off and wait to be run over.

If they want Fomoria they will take it quickly.......

However unless they have a follow up army I think they are just probing. I will send a seeking arrow over the straight this turn and next just in case.

I am caught in a dilema that If I DON'T attack I will lose troops to desertion. If I do attack I MAY lost them to attrition.

I like attrition better.

So...I am attacking 262 and will see whats on the other side while I send seeking arrows across.

Sept...are you attacking my fort with the barbarians (267)? I am color blind and can't tell who is attacking it altough you said you might.

Also, i need Air gems as I just had enough to send 1 seeking arrow. Grudgebringer
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Wed May 13, 2009 4:17 pm

Yep, that's Ermor taking your 2nd fortress with barbarians. There's a fortress close to the other side of the strait, with 30 giants that I can see (Kohens, forget who else, I'll have to check). I can send 150 gold to keep you from losing troops from attrition but if someone else can do it instead that'd be great... I'm fighting a war after all. Smile
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Wed May 13, 2009 8:53 pm

Btw grudge, I set fomoria to research conjuration after reading jim morrison's fomoria guide and reading of his love for morrigans/barghests. If you prefer to aim towards something else though alteration might not be a bad idea.

Atm I wouldn't suggest throwing too many seeking arrows. It would probably be better to save up for a few turns. Unless you are helping stretch deluge a target with them. A single arrow won't guarantee a kill, especially against giants.
    GrudgeBringer

Post  GrudgeBringer Wed May 13, 2009 10:17 pm

I was wondering about the conj...

LOL, I can only send 1 arrow due to lack of gems, so I agree with you.

Thanks for the info
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Thu May 14, 2009 12:13 am

I sent 94 gold, Grudge. I hope it helps at least a bit.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Septimius Severus Thu May 14, 2009 1:04 am

I too have sent a bit of gold to you, and the other nations as well. I'll send some air gems next turn, otherwise anyone else who has yet to submit their turn may send some to you this turn as well.
    GrudgeBringer

Fomoria   seeking arrows ect Empty Thanks

Post  GrudgeBringer Thu May 14, 2009 3:43 am

Thanks Guys!!! I only need a little to keep going.

Gems.... Air (seeking arrows) or any others that you can spare in small amounts would help
    GrudgeBringer

Fomoria   seeking arrows ect Empty I am ready to leave town...

Post  GrudgeBringer Fri May 15, 2009 12:29 pm

I took the province back from Hinnom abd he has a Fort in #23 across the straight.

I can play you take and I take...or I can try and lock down his fort.

I have never played agianst Hinnom so I have no idea of the capibilities of the different troops.

He has 20 units Kohans, Melquats, and a B'aal.

I have 6 Kings and 16 Unmarkeds, doesn't sound like a winning proposition so I pulled back and see what he does.

Thanks for the money ..got 5 more Markeds with it and still have enough to stop desertion.

I will either stale next turn if it hosts before Monday or there can be an extension.

You guys decide as I am in a prety sad spot anyway.

Let ya know when I get back.....GrudgeBringer

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 10:13 pm