Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

4 posters

Substitute?

Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Substitute? Empty Substitute?

Post  Squirrelloid Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:59 pm

Ok, as i announced in the shrapnel thread, i'm going to be gone from tonight through next monday (US central time). I've got a sub in two of my other games for through thursday. Is it ok if my sub isn't a listed alternate for this game? And can there be an delay on the appropriate turn so that not being able to have someone playing shinuyama friday through monday isn't terribly destructive?
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Substitute? Empty Re: Substitute?

Post  rdonj Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:00 pm

It probably isn't a big problem. The turn delay is also fine as long as the sub reminds me, because I am a very forgetful person.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:05 pm

TO ALL NOOBS: Namad and lingchih are really against the possibility of more than a 48 hour delay on the turn after this. If squirrel's alt is not able to get the turn done, and a more than 48 hour delay is probable, is anyone willing to do the next turn? There is a risk that the turns for both nations will stale if you do, but it would make the vets happier. Your choice.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:31 pm

When you mean "risk of stale", is that because of the difficulty of doing two turns on time, or because of some mechanic of the Llamaserver (doesn't like two turns from the same email or something)?
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:35 pm

Sometimes if you send in turns for two different nations in the same game, both turns stale. I don't know exactly what makes this happen, or why it doesn't always work the same way. But yeah it's either a llamaserver or game issue.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:59 pm

I might be able to relay turns through my e-mail if it comes to it. Although short notice certainly wouldn't work. Why is there so much concern that a substitute won't be able to get turns in? Would they rather delay all week - because thats the realistic other option.

I'm going to be gone more in august, so expect the same person to be substituting for me some more =).
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:27 am

Namad kept saying that if your sub was only going to be playing until thursday, he might end up subbing and never sending in a turn because the next turn isn't due until thursday. He basically was not satisfied that there would not be a week-long delay. Whatever.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:56 pm

rdonj wrote:Namad kept saying that if your sub was only going to be playing until thursday, he might end up subbing and never sending in a turn because the next turn isn't due until thursday. He basically was not satisfied that there would not be a week-long delay. Whatever.

Through thursday means including thursday! =)
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Though a sub for your sub could be brought in over the weekend, it may be a waste for such a short amount of time.

Iainuki now has access to this forum.

If an alternate is needed though:

Kietsensei can be reached via PM on Shrapnel (last time I checked was out of town).
    Unoptimized via PM here or on Shrapnel.
    Morpf, cannot be PM'ed on Shrapnel be may be able to be contacted another way, in another game or thread.

I'll add Iainuki to our list of alternates.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:48 am