Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

4 posters

PMing Problem?

TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

PMing Problem? Empty PMing Problem?

Post  TwoBits Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:41 am

I've been noticing some weird issues with using the forum's PM system. Most recently, trying to reply iainuki regarding Astral indies (BTW, sorry, no such indies in my lands - might be time to consider empowerment?), my PMs wind up stuck in my Out Box (permanently? or at least for a long time?), and don't seem to be going to the Sent Box, so it sounds like they're not being sent.

Is this normal? Seems strange that there would be a delay in sending PMs to other members of the same forum...
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

PMing Problem? Empty Re: PMing Problem?

Post  rdonj Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:52 am

I've not encountered this problem personally, but I will give it a guess... this forum allows you to store a pathetically small number of PMs. For example, my inbox is 20% full with 10. Therefore my guess is that Iainuki's inbox is full and the forum isn't intelligent enough to say so.

If that's not the problem, then I'm not sure I can think of any good reason. Perhaps if you cleared your sent box and out box and tried again it would work.

This forum is honestly not very good, it does sometimes have issues for no reason I can tell. But I suspect this one is probably user-fixable.
    iainuki

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2009-07-23

Post  iainuki Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:31 am

Weird. My inbox says only 12% full, so it doesn't seem like that should be the problem. In any event, TwoBits, Hoplosternum has some lizard shamans I'm going to take, so pretty soon I'll be site-searching for astral stuff too.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:54 am

I seem to have image/graphics problems (probably browser related) when I try to ream my PM's here, though I can do it. I agree with rdonj, this forum/software is not the greatest, but it is serving it's purpose for the most part at least. I think if there are any future iterations (Noobs vs Vets Alumni/Graduates, Noobs vs AI's, NvV4???) there ought to be a switch to another forum. I actually like the way the vet forum looks and feels, that is a possibility.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:06 am

The vets are using the forum software we are. It's just a matter of differences in design choices. I could have made ours look the same as theirs, I just didn't.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:50 am

rdonj wrote:The vets are using the forum software we are. It's just a matter of differences in design choices. I could have made ours look the same as theirs, I just didn't.
    Oops, your right, well if there is another, more intuative, more user friendly free forum, I recommend it be used in the future.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:35 pm