Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

4 posters

Harbingers (for Pythium)

TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Harbingers (for Pythium) Empty Harbingers (for Pythium)

Post  TwoBits Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:46 am

I will have my first Harbinger in two turns, and they will be my quickest access to the Southern Front. So in order to get them into combat as quickly as possible, I need people to start forging gear this turn so they can send it the next, and have it ready for my Harbinger right when he's 'born'.

I wouldn't mind also having some sort of gear for an Arch Theurg who might go along for the ride (he can cast some buffs on the angel, and other combat support spells).

So, besides a brand of some sort, what else should the Harbinger have (and the AT?)? I have limited Air gems to forge one or two small items (I was thing the AT would need a Robe of Missile Protection), and can of course provide my own Astral gear (luck/MR items and such).

Sorry to create a separate thread for this, but I think it's important, and I don't want it to get lost in the general Forge thread.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Harbingers (for Pythium) Empty Re: Harbingers (for Pythium)

Post  LumenPlacidum Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:03 am

Things they have: flying, awe, decent defense, lightning/fire resistance 50

Things they need: protection, luck, etherealosity, reinvig, some anti-chaff offensive ability

Things they would like: fear, magic resistance, quickness (they're low-encumbrance, it's not unlikely to get enough reinvig to cover two turns of actions), missile shield, mirror image, mistform, regeneration

Luck, quickness and etherealness can be granted by a mage that tags along (which is actually what marignon's harbingers have).

Mirror image, mistform, and the missile shield could be cast by the harbinger itself.

Possible options to me include:

Shadowbrand, Charcoal Shield, Horror Helm, Hydra Skin Armor, Boots of Stone, Amulet of Resilience, Antimagic Amulet
    relies on accompanying mage for astral buffs. Yields 5 reinvig for 3 encumbrance. Costs 51-75 gems

Frost Brand, Eye Shield, Horror Helm, Elemental Armor, Boots of the Messenger, Antimagic Amulet, Ring of Regen
    grants total elemental immunity. 4 reinvig for 4 encumbrance. Costs 40-60 gems

Faithful, Eye Shield, Horned Helmet, Rainbow Armor, Chi Shoes, Antimagic Amulet, Bracers of Protection
    gives a bunch of attacks, which is better against single targets. 3 reinvig for 2 encumbrance. Costs 35-55 gems
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  melnorjr Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:06 am

Marignon's aren't terribly well equipped, but my screenshot of one is still back in turn thread 21 if you want to look at what he did for thoughts.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:30 am

I will indeed send mages along with the ability to cast Luck, Quickness and Etherealness. Pythium's bless isn't much, but it's also good for 5% regen. Is Missile Shield strictly necessary (good protection and defense should neutralize mundane missiles, right?)? Or is it needed because of potential magical ranged weapons?

I can handle the Anti-magic Amulet. I also got some more lucky N gems, so I can handle the Boots of the Messenger too (if we go that route).

So I need:

an AoE weapon

a shield of some sort (or should I just forge an Enchanted Shield w/ my abundant S gems - it's not all that great, but it seems to work for Marignon)

a Horror Helmet (fear + awe = good, I understand, but are there any other viable options to consider?)

a useful Misc item (is 5% regen enough, or do I want more? do I need more reinvig? extra attack/defense/protection/elemental immunity?)

And, as long as my S gems hold out (once I start summoning these guys, I may need some Pearls coming back my way), I'll need this every turn hereafter! Can we swing it?

Last edited by TwoBits on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:33 am

Not to nitpick, but just as a note, Astral is usually called S rather than A, A being reserved for air. so pearls would be S gems.

Just to avoid potential confusion.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:42 am

melnorjr wrote:Not to nitpick, but just as a note, Astral is usually called S rather than A, A being reserved for air. so pearls would be S gems.

Oops, sorry - normally I remember that, but not this time Embarassed I'll go back and edit the last post (and check for any other mistakes like that) for clarity.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:45 am

TwoBits wrote:
    melnorjr wrote:Not to nitpick, but just as a note, Astral is usually called S rather than A, A being reserved for air. so pearls would be S gems.

Oops, sorry - normally I remember that, but not this time Embarassed I'll go back and edit the last post (and check for any other mistakes like that) for clarity.

took me a while to get used to as well. you just think Astral-A
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:11 pm

I just PMed Joelz asking what Ulm can do in this cause.

Can anyone besides C'tis forge Horror Helmets? With Raiel on the road this weekend, I feel I should line up an alternate source just to be sure (I can hit him up for others for subsequent Angels).
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134

Post  Joelz Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:37 am

I could forge a Horror Helmet next turn if you send me the death gems. That would prevent me from forging high end astral stuff for that turn though, so if anyone else can do this instead please do.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:36 am

What would be best is if people could forge things this turn, and send it to me the next, so it would be there ready when my first Harbinger arrived.

I think the best way this gets done is to try to handle as much of this in house. For the Harbinger, I can forge this:

Frost Brand (Sorry Iainuki, I know I said I'd get you some W gems, but I think I'm going to need them Sad )
    Copper Plate
    Boots of the Messenger
    Anti-Magic Amulet

What I need:

Charcoal Shield (Joelz said he's got this covered Smile )
    Horror Helmet (Shinu's going to cover it this turn - thanks a ton Iainuki Exclamation )
    Girdle of Might (Ulm's got me there too!)

For the Arch Theurg support I can forge:

Robe of Missile Protection

What I would like:

Another set of Boots of the Messenger or some reinvigoration item (Bandar?), and anything else that might make them more effective.

Again, I need people to forge these items this turn, if Pythium is going to send out its first Harbinger ASAP. And I'm going to need gems, especially Air Gems. I mean, if other players can step forward and guarantee a supply of weapons, armor, and misc items, that would ease my burden, and probably be more efficient. But we've seen that that has not been our strong suit (just witness how long it's taken to get Melnorjr's SC kitted out Shocked ).

There's been a lot of talk about getting the Northern powers into action in the South - well, getting my Angels (and Arch Theurgs) geared up is, well, not just the quickest way, it's pretty much the only way, to get Pythium into the southern fight.

Sow how important is this then?

Last edited by TwoBits on Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:14 am

TwoBits wrote:What would be best is if people could forge things this turn, and send it to me the next, so it would be there ready when my first Harbinger arrived.

I think the best way this gets done is to try to handle as much of this in house. For the Harbinger, I can forge this:

Frost Brand (Sorry Iainuki, I know I said I'd get you some W gems, but I think I'm going to need them Sad )
    Copper Plate
    Boots of the Messenger
    Anti-Magic Amulet

What I need:

Charcoal Shield (Joelz said he's got this covered Smile )
    Horror Helmet (Shinu's going to cover it this turn - thanks a ton Iainuki Exclamation )
    Girdle of Might (Ulm can do this too?)

For the Arch Theurg support I can forge:

Robe of Missile Protection

What I would like:

Another set of Boots of the Messenger or some reinvigoration item (Bandar?), and anything else that might make them more effective.

Again, I need people to forge these items this turn, if Pythium is going to send out its first Harbinger ASAP. And I'm going to need gems, especially Air Gems. I mean, if other players can step forward and guarantee a supply of weapons, armor, and misc items, that would ease my burden, and probably be more efficient. But we've seen that that has not been our strong suit (just witness how long it's taken to get Melnorjr's SC kitted out Shocked ).

There's been a lot of talk about getting the Northern powers into action in the South - well, getting my Angels (and Arch Theurgs) geared up is, well, not just the quickest way, it's pretty much the only way, to get Pythium into the southern fight.

Sow how important is this then?

Okay, replying to all your posts at once, because I'm too lazy to make 5 posts...

I can get you a girdle of might. I could make the boots of the messenger, but I only have one N gem, so that's out(been sending em to people).

I've got 4 air gems I can send you as well, and yes, I still need the thistle mace.
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134

Post  Joelz Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:25 am

No need for you to forge a Girdle of Might. I've got that covered.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:31 am

Joelz wrote:No need for you to forge a Girdle of Might. I've got that covered.
    alright
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:27 am

Hurrah, looks like we've got the first angel covered Exclamation Of course, we'll need to do the same or more each turn from here on out...

Plus, my Arch Theurg could still use a little love Smile

Speaking of the future, while my S income (I remembered "S" this time! Wink ) is pretty robust - 17 pearls a turn, it's not enough to summon an Angel and put an Anti-Magic Amulet on him each turn. Right now though, I've got a pretty good stockpile of S gems, and I'm more likely to run out of other things first. But this will be a reminder to keep at Astral site searching (Lizard Shamans or whatnot), even if you can't use it yourself.

Thanks everyone who pitched in!
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  LumenPlacidum Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:52 pm

TwoBits wrote:Hurrah, looks like we've got the first angel covered Exclamation Of course, we'll need to do the same or more each turn from here on out...

Plus, my Arch Theurg could still use a little love Smile

Speaking of the future, while my S income (I remembered "S" this time! Wink ) is pretty robust - 17 pearls a turn, it's not enough to summon an Angel and put an Anti-Magic Amulet on him each turn. Right now though, I've got a pretty good stockpile of S gems, and I'm more likely to run out of other things first. But this will be a reminder to keep at Astral site searching (Lizard Shamans or whatnot), even if you can't use it yourself.

Thanks everyone who pitched in!

Well, I have some astral income, but only my pretender god is an astral mage (S4), and he's just making boosters and site searching, so basically my entire income except for a small expenditure each turn I can send to you. My income is 7 pearls a turn now, which would be either 2 or 5 each turn depending on what I do with him. Anyway, I'll send my small stockpile of 13 pearls.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:02 pm