Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

4 posters

Forging / Construction admin topic

Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Forging / Construction admin topic Empty Forging / Construction admin topic

Post  Darloth Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:38 pm

This topic is for discussing the mechanics and admin of who's forging what and when.

For example, I'd like to have construction at 2 or so early on, but on the other hand, it would be really handy if Ulm could forge me a dwarven hammer or two on the cheap. After that I can probably manage on my own. I expect to have too many earth gems in the first few turns, with no research to make use of them.

Other requests? Expected forging abilities?
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237

Forging / Construction admin topic Empty Re: Forging / Construction admin topic

Post  LumenPlacidum Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:39 pm

I'd be happy to do so, but keep in mind that Ulm has no natural Earth gem income in LA. I might find some with my pretender early on, but it would likely take a while to earn the 12 gems needed for me to make a dwarven hammer. Even then, in order to make other items for people, I'd probably try to make a second if others needed it. It would take 21 gems to make 2 dwarven hammers once I have Const-3.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:12 am

LumenPlacidum wrote:I'd be happy to do so, but keep in mind that Ulm has no natural Earth gem income in LA. I might find some with my pretender early on, but it would likely take a while to earn the 12 gems needed for me to make a dwarven hammer. Even then, in order to make other items for people, I'd probably try to make a second if others needed it. It would take 21 gems to make 2 dwarven hammers once I have Const-3.

The bigger issue is I'm pretty sure you can't forge hammers naturally, you'd have to have 3 earth on your god. I think it's hard for LA ulm to even get 2e... am I remembering correctly? So that wouldn't really work how you intend.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Post  LumenPlacidum Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:13 am

1 in 4 of their forge guys has 2e, and they can craft earth boots then for 8 gems to get them to 3. Admittedly, this ups the cost to 20 gems for the first hammer.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:18 am

Not as bad as I was thinking then, but you'll still have to hit construction 4 before you start making hammers.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Post  Darloth Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:43 am

I can get my god to forge you a hammer at constr 2 if that's helpful, I'll lose a bit of research but only two mage-turns worth.

I'm still not sure what to go for in regards to first turn research. I can hit Constr-2 around three to four turns faster if I go straight for it, but on the other hand, Evocation-1 can be useful against a rush, since it gets me much better combat spells for my varied mages, and lets my God contribute with some shadow bolts.

Last edited by Darloth on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:48 am

I don't know... I think that would end up upping the cost of the first hammer even more, since it's taking time away from another person and he'd still need the earth boots.
    pyg
    pyg

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post  pyg Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:48 am

I'd like to log a request for items. Is this the spot?

My Dom9 Wyrm pretender needs gear. It has two head slots and two misc slots, so I would like:

Pendant of Luck
    2 x Horror Helms

2 x Horned Helms would be better than nothing.

Also anyone who is going to be invading Ermor is going to need wineskins/cauldrons. It would be great to bang out a bunch of these.

Last edited by pyg on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:52 am

Yeah, this is as good a place as any.

In that vein, my pretender is going to need a hat asap. I'll be able to forge myself one after 5 turns, but if someone would like to forge something for me sooner that would be great.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Post  LumenPlacidum Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:28 am

Uh, given my placement on the map, I might not be able to divert my pretender from necessary research to have him make some items, and without that, I cannot get those things to you in any short period of time. We'll need someone who's not directly exposed to do much of our forging. Man or Agartha are in pretty good positions to not be facing enemies immediately.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:24 am

Yeah, I think you'd better focus on magic for survival. You're probably going to be hit pretty hard when they realize it's just you blocking them up there, so you're going to have to be prepared.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Post  Darloth Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:14 pm

If you need just -any- hat, and you need it ASAP, I can get you a blacksteel helm by turn 4 (forge on turn 2, send on turn 3).

That costs 2 pearls in addition to all my starting earth, but it's the fastest theoretical possible, I think Smile
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:16 pm

If you just need one extra gem, I can send you one earth gem now. I've got a tiny income myself and I do really need that hat.

I was hoping for a response before doing it, but I'm just going to do it. I hereby declare my sending of one earth gem to you (darloth) in order to facillitate the construction of a helm for my god so he doesn't trip and get scalped in battle with the heathen barbarians.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Post  Darloth Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:45 pm

As bad luck would have it, I didn't get an earth random, but nevermind. In hindsight, I should have recruited someone with guaranteed earth for just this eventuality... Done now though. Perhaps I shall bid for the sage to make up my 7 research. Your hat is being forged, it shall be with you as soon as my couriers can carry it.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:50 pm

Thanks Darloth.

Taking the sage wouldn't be a bad idea, go for it if you think you can grab him.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:47 pm

Hey, can the people who are focusing on forging please post what paths and path combinations they have available to forge with? Thanks.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:55 pm

I'm looking for someone to forge a shield, a shroud of the battle saint, and boots of the messenger or an amulet of resilience. Any takers? If you need gems to do it I have enough gems for some of those.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:44 am