Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+5
LumenPlacidum
Septimius Severus
Giant Moth
pyg
rdonj
9 posters

The map

rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

The map Empty The map

Post  rdonj Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:55 am

Hey everyone. After Septimius posted the list of start locations for our team, I decided I wanted to have a visual to go with it for ease of interpretation. If we want we can use it later for other purposes as well Smile

I tried to keep the colors representing our capitals the same as our colors will be on the score graph, but just to be extra clear, I'll list everyone's colors.
    Bogarus (Lavaere) - dark red
    Midgard (pyg) - red
    Utgard (Alpine Joe) - orangeish
    Jomon (Darloth) - grey
    Man (Giant Moth) - green
    Gath (Aristander) - white
    R'lyeh (Septimius) - dark blue
    Agartha (Amonchakad)- black
    T'ien Ch'i (rdonj) - pink
    Ulm (Lumen Placidum) - blue

The map Eyet1210

Map last updated: TURN 12

Last edited by rdonj on Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:37 am; edited 7 times in total
    pyg
    pyg

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

The map Empty Re: The map

Post  pyg Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:51 am

Thank you so much! That is very helpful.
    Giant Moth
    Giant Moth

Number of posts : 54
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post  Giant Moth Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Remember that the map is seamless, that is the edge of the map is connected with the opposite edge.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:30 pm

Yes, ulm is actually basically to the south of me, and bogarus and agartha more or less border one another as well. So it's going to be just me, aristander, darloth and pyg actually bordering the vets in the beginning, and septimius bordering whoever he wants.
    Giant Moth
    Giant Moth

Post  Giant Moth Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:40 pm

(C is my capitol.)

This is how I plan my expansion, I think. Does anybody have objections? If you want a province I've marked, just recolour it for yourself, and I'll check another place. I can expand further east if the guys to the west need more space. From my position, I can't do much except maybe assist Darloth. I'll be building a Warden army to raid with from early days, and keep a standing one ready to assist.

The map Eyesta10oa1
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:34 pm

I wouldn't suggest expanding more to the east if I were you, aristander borders most of those territories and could really use the resources. What you've mapped out looks pretty reasonable. And anyway if someone on the frontline ends up needing one of them it won't hurt for you to have driven off the indies for them.

Nice avatar Smile
    Giant Moth
    Giant Moth

Post  Giant Moth Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:55 pm

Thanks! Yeah I figured Aristander wanted to take that forest for income, so I let it out.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:11 pm

As far as what I'm aiming for, it would be really nice to have the two provinces north of me and the two to my west as well. I'll have 4 surrounding provinces that way... decent, but not quite as good as what aristander can get for gath. It would be nice to have one of the two south of me as well but something tells me ulm is going to need all the help it can get early on.

Last edited by rdonj on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

The map Empty Map hints

Post  Septimius Severus Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:56 am

Good job on the map rdonj, wish I had had time for it.

One thing to note, there's a large landlocked sea of around 6 provinces on Ulm's western shore. It is shaped something like the subcontinent of India. I thought it might not be a good place for my water nation, but you guys, particularly Agartha, Man, and Bogarus, who are not directly exposed to the enemy early on, and even rdonj and Ulm, can use it as a access route to the vets if you can get into the water early and the requisite troops are available.

Ulm, is also in a good position (I would do it immediately) to grab the two land provinces immediately to the southeast and southwest, that should provide Ulm with some protection till I can cross the ocean from where I am. whoever else can also get into that inland sea can also take the strain off Ulm.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237

Post  LumenPlacidum Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:05 am

Oh god... I'm one of the front liners? Well, that drastically changes what I need to do. Ooh, plus I'm on a little corridor of land to make sure that the high resource places or not clustered around my starting castle. This is going to be interesting. So, there are basically 2 provinces above me in our part of the map. Then, I guess I have to expand into the vet part.

Spoiler:

I know I'm sort of stepping on T'ien Chi's toes in that, but there's not much room.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:16 am

LumenPlacidum wrote:Oh god... I'm one of the front liners? Well, that drastically changes what I need to do. Ooh, plus I'm on a little corridor of land to make sure that the high resource places or not clustered around my starting castle. This is going to be interesting. So, there are basically 2 provinces above me in our part of the map. Then, I guess I have to expand into the vet part.

Spoiler:

I know I'm sort of stepping on T'ien Chi's toes in that, but there's not much room.

Yeah, no, you have to take those two provinces just above you or you're going to have trouble. Likewise I need the other 4 around me or I'll be in trouble. Luckily aristander has a ton of space for him to go, he should be able to produce crazy amounts of troops from his capital.
    Aristander

Number of posts : 39

The map Empty Gath Expansion

Post  Aristander Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:37 pm

The map ?sharekey=3acd0ae9bdb1e9fed2db6fb9a8902bda

This is how I would like to expand if all goes well. Thanks Giant Moth yea I need resources. I think rdonj will need the farm site more then I will.
    How do you post a picture on this forum?
    Thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3acd0ae9bdb1e9fed2db6fb9a8902bda
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:02 pm

That looks about right. Although I wouldn't mind you taking out the independants at that farm first to make it a little easier on me Wink
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:01 pm

Bump. As discussed in the Turn 4 thread, we're going to use this thread now to plot out everyone's current provinces. So if everyone could please post known info about the provinces each player owns, that would be great. After I receive your information, I will update the map in the first post. I will probably do this once per turn. Two easy example formats that you can use for this follow.

Example format #1:
    T'ien Ch'i - 26*, 39, 33
    Mictlan - 46, 53*

Example format #2:
    T'ien Ch'i: 26*, 39, 33
    Mictlan: 46, 53*

Simple enough, right? Start with yourself, then start working on your neighbors. Hopefully you won't have to enter noob provinces but if we don't get enough responses you'll have to if we want to get a complete listing. Astersisks denote capitols, of course. Coincidentally, this is the known province list I have for myself and for mictlan.
    pyg
    pyg

Post  pyg Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:10 pm

Midgard: 77*, 65, 76, 85, 91, 81

Pangaea: 93

91 and 81 won't be mine till next turn, but worth adding now anyway.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:17 pm

Oh! And as a note, after doing it your first time, you can just do something like: T'ien Ch'i - +xprovince, +xprovince, -xprovince. So you don't have to go through the full list every time, I can understand how that could get excessive and annoying Wink

Edit: Mine and pyg's positions have been added to the updated map, along with pangaea and mictlan's. I'm not uploading it until I get more positions though, unless the turn hosts without me hearing more positions. I'm adding letters to the vet team's provinces to help differentiate them. I'll try to put the letters in just capitols, but since I only know of one pangaean province so far it gets a letter regardless of whether it's their capitol or not.
    Aristander

Number of posts : 39

Post  Aristander Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Gath -44, 64 Greenwoods, 61 Marshlands

I will be attacking (45) Omicria next turn with my entire army. They look like a tough nut 30 crossbows and heavy cav.

The other option is attack woodlands (52. It contains 70 ghouls and soulless. I have a level 3 priest and 4 giants blessed they have 38 Hit points, Protection 17 Def 16 and 21 Strength. Do you think I could take them?

I thank R'lyeh for the 100 gold.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:01 pm

What does your bless give, is it the same as you said in the turn 1 thread or did you change it later?

I'm pretty sure you could take them, undead are pretty easy provinces to take. Not sure if you could do it with no losses though. I'm a bit surprised you have so few units that could attack them though, maybe it would be best to wait until you have a few more units with you before you do. Like I said before though, I've never played gath before and don't really know exactly how capable their units are.

The provinces you have this turn have been added to the updated map image.
    Lavaere

Number of posts : 111

Post  Lavaere Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:13 pm

I have 109 and 112
    And in the long run I am planning to get 106, 111, 118, 120 and 102
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:32 pm

Positions added. I'm going to hold off on the provinces you don't have for now though Wink
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

The map Empty Provinces

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:51 am

R'lyeh 12*, 2, 117, and probably 14 as of turn 5.
    Pythium 15*, 10, 4. He's on that small spit or pennisula that juts out and splits the ocean provinces in twain, off of Ulm's east coast (not that I didn't know already). I've kept the locations of the vets mysterious, partly out of fairness, but mostly to keep a few suprises in the game, add a little spice. We'll know them soon enough.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:20 am

Yeah, leaving the vets positions anonymous was a good (and fair) choice. It would have just screamed for abuse had we known who was where ahead of time. But as we find them there's certainly no reason to ignore good information Smile
    pyg
    pyg

Post  pyg Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Additions:

Pangaea: *97, 104
    Giant Moth
    Giant Moth

Post  Giant Moth Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:33 pm

Man: 42*, 62, 43, 32
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:51 pm

I just realized I forgot to add pythium in the last iteration of the map. Sorry about that. I was in a rush and wasn't really paying attention. I'll try to make sure I get everything added again. Including abysia, whom I spotted a province of this turn.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 pm