Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+2
Illuminated One
P3D
6 posters

Turn 6

P3D

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Turn 6 Empty Turn 6

Post  P3D Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:52 pm

If someone could send me (T'ien Ch'i) some gold (200) this turn so that I could build a fort - want to have a second one standing before the NAP lapse. Would return it ASAP.

Got one of the immortal heroes, yay!
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Turn 6 Empty Re: Turn 6

Post  Illuminated One Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:36 am

I have 70 left. Will send it.
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:23 am

I send the other 130 gold...
    P3D

Post  P3D Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:30 am

Thanks.
    Lavaere

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Lavaere Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:04 am

Caelum seems to be growing, and this turn took Well of All Waters. Luckily I saw the bless give regen and reinvigorate. So thats what... Nature and Earth.
    I'll try reach the capital and see what his pretender is soon.

As for myself, next turn I can start blood hunting. Also I'm going to leave a path south of my capital open for Mitctlan to come out. But in return I was hoping to take the tree. Seemed a reasonable compromise.
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:37 am

I'm beseaid to Pillar of the world but is defended by a Titan...
    Illuminated One

Post  Illuminated One Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:31 am

Lavaere wrote:Caelum seems to be growing, and this turn took Well of All Waters. Luckily I saw the bless give regen and reinvigorate. So thats what... Nature and Earth.
    I'll try reach the capital and see what his pretender is soon.

As for myself, next turn I can start blood hunting. Also I'm going to leave a path south of my capital open for Mitctlan to come out. But in return I was hoping to take the tree. Seemed a reasonable compromise.

Yeah sure we can do that. This would require 2 or 3 provinces next to your cap though. Imo the route throug 180, 185, 189 would be better (1 province only required).

Hmm, I have now a group with 4 eagle warriors in 198 and can go either to 195 or 184 with them (the indies look weak enough I can't hope to take something strong with them). Next turn I wanted to take 183. This seems the best solution to me:

Now: Recruit a indie commander/scout and leave PD at 0 or 1 in 180. I take 184
    Next turn: I take 195 and 183. (I leave all my PD at 0 or 1)
    Third turn: You can take 184 with indie commander, I take 180 and 164 meanwhile.
    Fourth turn: I take 160.
    Fifth turn: You can then take 164 from me with the indie commander.

Gods, all these numbers.

P.S.: If you take the tree don't forget to sitesearch for nature up to level 4 asap.
    Lavaere

Number of posts : 111

Post  Lavaere Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:16 am

Since I'm still playing with Gimp to do the maps, thought I'd just add in some expansion arrows.
    This is of course just my suggestion. But it shows my proposed expansion for Abysia, Mictlan, Lanka and Sauromatia eastwards.

Turn 6 Expans10
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:05 pm

I've got 205, 222, 210, 201, 190, 216 and am going to 199, 182 this turn. I'm going to get my side of the mountain pass (fomoria is guarding the other side) to the north of 199/182) in the next turn unless someone else really wants it.
    Illuminated One

Post  Illuminated One Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:47 am

Ok, I can see why you'd want me to go the southern route.
    Well, the only thing urgent is anyone attacking 184 or 195?
    Hmm, because it's probably to late to do any coordination I'll not attack any of this.
    But please leave 164 for me to take you can then take it of me but I don't want to waste much time running through my own territory if I could conquer something on the way.

Hmm, in the long run the question is if it's really necessary that I go south. There are three nations there already whereas in the west three nations are having a much longer border. And if I read stretch right Formoria is somewhere else than on the first map.
    Three provs next to your cap is bad because of resources and dominion.
    Another idea would be to just let me take one province really at the front via scout (127) and help me get a castle there. Then I'd need a province 3 squares away (140) and I can fly troops in/recruit jags without needing any capital adjacent provinces.
    P3D

Post  P3D Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:57 am

BTW anyone unfamiliar with the map (like me) could check the map file for the special magical sites - what you need to search with.
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:49 am

Fomoria is in the region of that little peninsula that juts up to the north, almost touching that top of the map, about 1/3 of the way across the map from left to right. It's northwest of my territories.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:09 am

Hmm, perhaps in Hindsight, EA Ermor was not that great a choice. I had assumed they could reanimate via priest orders just like the later ages. They do have decent and varied magic (all 6 paths, including Astral), and have decently strong armies to expand with. The afflication healing capabilites of the bishops and archbishop may came in handy.

What is Atlantis up to?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content