Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

5 posters

Turn 12

Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 12 Empty Turn 12

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:04 am

I'm attacking 232 (right next to the vamp infested 224).

Darloth, Ossa: Let's see if we can clear a path for Mictlan to the northern front. I'll see if I can clear out 224 for Mictlan, then maybe he can take 230 to reach the front.

Darloth, what's the closest land prov that Atlantis has to 224 ? if you can tell.

Moving into Ministra.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Turn 12 Empty Re: Turn 12

Post  rdonj Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:40 pm

Septimius Severus wrote:
    rdonj wrote:I noticed that Ossa and Alansmithee haven't posted here and checked their profiles, and it seems they haven't been visiting the forum. That's fomoria and sauromatia. So if you are going to be moving armies around near them you might want to send a pm their way.

What happened to the avatar images, did I hit something by accident, can't see em?

As far as I know nothing's happened, I can see all the avatar images just fine. I don't think it's possible to turn the images off either so I don't know what's going on there.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:48 pm

Helheim have struck!

Regenerating double-blessed helhirdlings, with a jarl and a something else commanding.

Their bless is heavy fire, heavy earth, with a smattering of nature for that extra spice. Combined with their glamour and natural kickassitude, I'm very surprised one of my PD managed to kill one. Nevermind though, I'm sure it didn't cost him much.

I'm a little unsure as to what to do, but I think I'll manage, at least they didn't hit ALL my provinces at once.
    P3D

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  P3D Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:34 pm

Darloth wrote:Helheim have struck!

Regenerating double-blessed helhirdlings, with a jarl and a something else commanding.

Their bless is heavy fire, heavy earth, with a smattering of nature for that extra spice. Combined with their glamour and natural kickassitude, I'm very surprised one of my PD managed to kill one. Nevermind though, I'm sure it didn't cost him much.

I'm a little unsure as to what to do, but I think I'll manage, at least they didn't hit ALL my provinces at once.

Your chariots are size4, perhaps trample glamoured troops?
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:33 pm

I'm attacking 171. The only one who could also attack it on our team is T'ien Chi. I'll have Construction 4 next turn. I can help people out with dwarven hammers if need be.

I think that ranged weaps ignore glamour/break it, right?
    P3D

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  P3D Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:39 pm

Was planning to attack #175 but with you so close I'd continue expanding southward instead.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:23 am

Stretch wrote:I'm attacking 171. The only one who could also attack it on our team is T'ien Chi. I'll have Construction 4 next turn. I can help people out with dwarven hammers if need be.

I think that ranged weaps ignore glamour/break it, right?

Yes. This is actually why many people recommend using slingers when fighting glamoured units, because all it takes is one hit to get the glamour to pop, and glamour doesn't protect against missiles.

Last edited by rdonj on Mon May 25, 2009 11:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:00 am

Thanks P3D. I can't take elephants with my expansion force (reliably) so I have to go 171. I will go west into Caelum territory after that.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:07 am

rdonj wrote:
    Septimius Severus wrote:
    rdonj wrote:I noticed that Ossa and Alansmithee haven't posted here and checked their profiles, and it seems they haven't been visiting the forum. That's fomoria and sauromatia. So if you are going to be moving armies around near them you might want to send a pm their way.

What happened to the avatar images, did I hit something by accident, can't see em?

As far as I know nothing's happened, I can see all the avatar images just fine. I don't think it's possible to turn the images off either so I don't know what's going on there.

Don't know what is the issue, before they were showing up, but I often had to refresh the page because the avatar images seemed to get shifted into the text area. I wonder if anyone else noticed this.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:52 am

I don't have many missile units (no national missilers for C'tis, I'll build more javelins though.), but thanks for the hint about the tramplers - that should come in handy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content