Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+4
Stretch
Darloth
Illuminated One
Septimius Severus
8 posters

Turn 14

Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 14 Empty Turn 14

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:36 am

Ok Darloth, I've taken 6, I see you've recaptured 11 ahead of me, I assume you want me to move into 11 as well to reach the front and Neifelheim? Atlantis is shadowing me in the water, they may try to retake a coastal province, cut my supply line, and/or most likely bring pressure to bear on the front. I'm going to keep a supply of gladiators/retrarius inland within reach of most of the coast except 11 and points east, to counterattack should Atlantis move against the coast.

I'll send some gold your way. Anyone else who has some to spare, I'm sure will help as well. Unless I hear otherwise I'll take 11, and I'm preparing my troops for my water excursion.

Last edited by Septimius Severus on Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:22 am; edited 3 times in total
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Turn 14 Empty Re: Turn 14

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:05 am

Anyone know where the best place to place undead is?

In a defensive position, should they be behind the pd, on the flanks or out in front. Same thing for attack. If they're in the rear, it may protect them from losses if the enemy has no priests, but if they are way out in front they can be used to maximum effect before getting banished away. As mine are Javelin hurlers, perhaps a central position is best.

I've always wondered about this.
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Post  Illuminated One Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:18 am

I got some magic items.

Boots of Stone (+Prot) and Dagger of Parrying (+Defense).
    If someone is building thugs already and could make use of them I'll send them.

Blood hunting is now at the point where I could lock down a cap, researching Const-4/Rain of Toads is done soon.
    I could need some bloodslaves and nature gems (especially n gems, I have only 4) for the initial forgings though.
    A dwarven hammer would be great, too.

I'm attacking 167 this turn and hope that Niefel attacks me in 135.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:14 am

Septimus - okay, I'm pulling back from 11, it's yours to take. At some point I may need you to feed me the death/nature income from the site you just got in ... 6? that forest, anyway. I have enough for the moment, I'll shout if I get low.

Okay, I took out a Jarl and 5 skinshifters with a swarm of undead, but I suspect he may be wise to that the second time. Here's hoping he doesn't have dust to dust to spam, but we'll see if I can solve that problem. Thankfully shades are somewhat banishment resistant.

Niefel and Helheim are both scragging me pretty hard with these baby-SC thug teams. I should have put enough nature on my pretender to summon craploads of fire drakes, that might have been amusing. Nevermind though. Blah, I don't have the right anything... Except undead. The undead are surprisingly effective, really.
    Illuminated One

Post  Illuminated One Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:31 pm

I think I'm going to research some conjuration for tangle vines (against Niefel) and to start sitesearching for death.
    Could anyone send me 3 death gems this turn, I should be able to return them in 3 turns.
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:40 pm

P3D - My armies are en route to 175 and will arrive on turn 15. Thanks. Are you planning on hitting Caelum immediately west of there or going through indies to get to him?

I have a scout on Caelum's fortress and he's got 10 mammoths or so there, waiting. I'm going to have to figure out how to take them down. Any tips for earth + air magic? False fetter + earth meld?

Illuminated one - Dwarven hammer and 3 death gems sent.
    Illuminated One

Post  Illuminated One Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:22 pm

Thanks.

@Lavaere

I've changed my building orders and build a castle in 164 now.
    If we survive until I get the flying stuff I will use that to jump over your other cap adjacent provinces. You can take them then but I'll probably need them to send reinforcements now.
    Until then I'll send you the income of these provinces.
    P3D

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  P3D Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:51 pm

There's a lot of indies to the South, I am planning to take them.

Sending 7 death gems to Mictlan.
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:39 pm

Darloth - need earth or astral gems? Are you anywhere near Vanheim? I'm between Fomoria and Mictlan, north of C'tis and south of Ermor.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:21 am

Stretch wrote:Darloth - need earth or astral gems? Are you anywhere near Vanheim? I'm between Fomoria and Mictlan, north of C'tis and south of Ermor.

Stretch (Vanheim) your right beside me. How's it goin over there neighbor? Doesn't Vanheim have sailing and such? How are the prospects for that land route via that pennisula? I don't see how you could be north of Darloth (C'tis). You'd be more southwest of me and Darloth.

Last edited by Septimius Severus on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:28 am

Any sight of Mysterio yet?
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:03 am

Turn delayed 12 hours per Lumen's request. Don't have access to the shrapnel forum right now, so if you need more time, send a PM.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:19 pm

Stretch wrote:P3D - My armies are en route to 175 and will arrive on turn 15. Thanks. Are you planning on hitting Caelum immediately west of there or going through indies to get to him?

I have a scout on Caelum's fortress and he's got 10 mammoths or so there, waiting. I'm going to have to figure out how to take them down. Any tips for earth + air magic? False fetter + earth meld?

Illuminated one - Dwarven hammer and 3 death gems sent.

False fetters and earth meld are a good idea on mammoths. Ideally you can hold them up and kill the mammoths one at a time as they come through. You'll still take losses but not as many. Also it is a good idea to use high defense units on them, as trampling is armor piercing and defense will allow you to take less damage. It would also be good if you could cast strength-enhancing spells (strength of giants, earth might). Ideally you would also have ranged units to take some hp off of them before they get to your lines.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237

Post  LumenPlacidum Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:35 pm

Thanks much for the delay. Forge lord is out and is starting mass production on dwarven hammers for general consumption. He gets his own next turn, then I can start distributing them. Alternatively, if there's still great need for fire items elsewhere, I can make some of those. I only have Const-2, though.

I have been fairly stupendously lucky in the recruitable indeps that I've gotten so far. People let me have the crystal amazons as per my request, and I found a High Temple of the Magii. Additionally, I'm supplementing my forces with Horse Brothers (move 4, precision 12 archers) and a ton of heavy cavalry provinces that I've managed to squish.

Does anyone know where Hinnom's forces are? I only see token groups as I advance into their territory. I'm sort of wondering if they're hiding or what. However, I've got a reasonably-sized force next to a fortress of Hinnom's and there aren't really any troops inside. Like 10, predominantly horse tribe archers. So, I'm thinking I'll at least halt production of troops there and create unrest as I move some other people through claiming territories.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:46 pm

I would find one or two fire shooty items immensely useful - however, if you send me 5 fire gems, I can make one myself at the cost of 16rp.

I'm not sure it's a worthwhile tradeoff, honestly, at least not at fast-research.

Anyway, I do not currently need a hammer, my const is too low. I'd LIKE one, but I wouldn't use it efficiently enough right now.
    P3D

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  P3D Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:11 pm

Hinnom has ~20 Dawn guards at the fort on the border and 2 Melqarts nearby. If you push into #63 I'll take other provinces, eventually besieging his fort.
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:19 am

I'm under attack from Caelum and Nielf... Caelum attack me with the prophet and 8 eagle Kings (the Eaglie Kings casting Thunder Strike...)

advice?
    Illuminated One

Post  Illuminated One Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:39 am

You mean the Sceptres of Authority?
    I'll send you one next turn.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content