Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

5 posters

Turn 3

Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Turn 3 Empty Turn 3

Post  Illuminated One Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:09 am

Ok, turn 3 is out.

Atlantis now has 4 provinces, Hinnom 3 and Niefel 2. Caelum still 1. Niefel seems to have low dom. As most of us have probably heat scales it might be worthwhile to note that many nations can do Blood sacrifices to push their dominion.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 3 Empty Re: Turn 3

Post  Darloth Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:15 pm

Atlantis has a Wyrm, and it's in province 11. I wonder if this NAP will hold. I'm not going to bank on it.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:06 am

Darloth wrote:Atlantis has a Wyrm, and it's in province 11. I wonder if this NAP will hold. I'm not going to bank on it.

It had better hold, or we will have a replacement player for Atlantis, I assure you.

Of course, we had expected as much from Atlantis, trying to grab as much land as possible before the NAP ends. Either they know where we are, or that was the easiest target. What other land provinces do they have?

I'm making my way to the shore as quickly as possible, trying to get in the water or at least capture the coatal provinces first, I'll be moving in that direction soon.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:37 pm

I still have no idea what exactly to DO about it, or atlantis taking province after province over here.

Suggestions? There's an elephant province next to my capitol, but I just can't take it yet, there are like 10 elephants there... Hopefully the wyrm can't either, but I'm pretty sure worms are brilliant vs elephants Sad
    P3D

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  P3D Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:54 pm

Did you have any idea on the Wyrms' magic?
    Most probably Astral to get Body Ethereal. After the NAP expires, Snake Dancers (magic weapon). You should also have Ench-3 by now or soon for skellispam.

He will attack the Elephants. Against them you'd need Thau-2 for sleep.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:16 am

Darloth wrote:I still have no idea what exactly to DO about it, or atlantis taking province after province over here.

Suggestions? There's an elephant province next to my capitol, but I just can't take it yet, there are like 10 elephants there... Hopefully the wyrm can't either, but I'm pretty sure worms are brilliant vs elephants Sad

Ideally, Formoria, Agartha, Vanheim, and others of us who are able to do so, will be able to grab some water provinces while Atlantis is on land. We'll have to deny them any more land and when turn 11 hits, try to eject em from our midst. If your 100% confident you could defeat their wyrm and armies, or at least push em back into the sea, I would say go for it, it might be worth it to break the NAP, however it could also open you and some of us open to premature attacks. The three nearest noobs, myself and Mictlan, we should be able to oust em/
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237

Post  LumenPlacidum Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:03 am

Septimius Severus wrote:
    Darloth wrote:I still have no idea what exactly to DO about it, or atlantis taking province after province over here.

Ideally, Formoria, Agartha, Vanheim, and others of us who are able to do so, will be able to grab some water provinces while Atlantis is on land. We'll have to deny them any more land and when turn 11 hits, try to eject em from our midst. If your 100% confident you could defeat their wyrm and armies, or at least push em back into the sea, I would say go for it, it might be worth it to break the NAP, however it could also open you and some of us open to premature attacks. The three nearest noobs, myself and Mictlan, we should be able to oust em/

Wait, we're allowed to break the NAP but they're not? My biggest worry with it was that they could push really hard to get provinces next to our capitals that we weren't allowed to attack.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:27 am

LumenPlacidum wrote:
    Wait, we're allowed to break the NAP but they're not? My biggest worry with it was that they could push really hard to get provinces next to our capitals that we weren't allowed to attack.

We are supposed to be doing likewise.

Atlantis is the only vet really with the capability of doing that within 10 turns, the NAP was intended to prevent them from harrasing or outright attacking any one of our capitals early on, and possibly knocking one of us out of the game early, (1 vet x 1 noob) don't like those odds).

They'll most likely be the first to attack or be attacked once the NAP is over. My original start location for them was nice and out of the way, but the vets complained bitterly, even going so far as to call me unfair, forcing me to change it.

No the NAP is binding on both sides. However, I can't force anything on anyone, if it is broken, it's broken (I wouldn't boot anyone really). But I wouldn't recommend any of us do it though unless we can really follow through, or the situation really is dire and threatening.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content