Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

5 posters

Turn 22

Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Turn 22 Empty Turn 22

Post  Illuminated One Sun May 03, 2009 6:45 am

Well, good news first I killed an Eagle King.

But I lost against Atlantis and he's got an army of 260 with 3 basalt kings in Abysia and a smaller one next to it.

Sauro answered nothing to the ingame message - which really sucks btw., Lanka with his four provinces is practically the whole southern front now.
    We need to do something about that now, or we can forget about the south.

I'll rely on Civateteo thugs to counter Caelum.
    All I need is good armor and Lightning resistance, another copper plate would be great.
    If the two astral boosters are still unused please send them, I have a good shot of killing Eagle Kings by sending Lesser Horrors.
    If someone knows where their pretender is and he is alone I might try to kill him with a disease demon, same goes for all vet pretenders.

Stretch, if you didn't build a temple in 206 to not interfere with my dom, you can build one there, it's worse for you to have an unused fort than for me to sacrifice, sorry I just noticed now.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 22 Empty Re: Turn 22

Post  Septimius Severus Sun May 03, 2009 9:42 pm

Mictlan, thanks for the gold and ring of water breathing.
    Do you still have the caps locked down? How long can you maintain it?

Darloth, looks like you reclaimed that province from Neifel, what happened with the Jarls in the area? You seem to be making some strides.

My brief Hinnom excursion is over. I did raise the tax to 200, just like the vets, in that province before I lost it to 1 melqart. I'm not through though, and I'll try again.

I'm going to try to retake Aluvia (7) from Atlantis again, and see what other mischief I can raise.

I've been debating attacking Fomoria, would like to get a scout in there and see what is going on. He seems to be at least holding on, but I need to know if Atlantis has got a foothold in between me and Vanheim? Vanheim can you tell me what is going on there?

I'm going to attempt an attack against 14, next turn most likely. Rdonj, Illuminated, what advice do you have for dealing with large amounts of giant pd (or any PD for that matter). Aside from what is in the tactics thread, should I use swift troops on the wings to get behind the PD, maybe target the commanders, or perhaps just try to out-morale/frighten them off the battlefield?
    Illuminated One

Post  Illuminated One Sun May 03, 2009 10:37 pm

Yeah, caps are down and will stay down until my mages/blood eco are dead.

Hmm, I don't think attack large monsters will target the commanders or even Niefel Jarls (it's kind of sad really), but my Niefel PD experience is limited.
    Most people think Giant PD is pretty crappy afaik, and morale should definately be an opening, but maybe rdonj knows more.

If C'tis is killing those Jarls he could attempt to take Niefelheim (59). Now that would be an victory.
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Sun May 03, 2009 11:40 pm

Fomoria's holdings number 6 provinces, including:

237 (fort), 239, 245 (capital), 226, 239, 262

The only one with any real defense is his capital, from what I can see. He told me specifically to take his provinces as he was on his way out (this was when Atlantis' wyrm was in his territory, but it was just a feint). 237 with the fort is an easy take, I think, if you can break his walls. If someone wants it (Ermor is in best position) its yours. Let me know what provinces you want to take and they're yours. I queued to hit 239 this turn.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Mon May 04, 2009 11:23 am

Septimius Severus wrote:Mictlan, thanks for the gold and ring of water breathing.
    Do you still have the caps locked down? How long can you maintain it?

Darloth, looks like you reclaimed that province from Neifel, what happened with the Jarls in the area? You seem to be making some strides.

My brief Hinnom excursion is over. I did raise the tax to 200, just like the vets, in that province before I lost it to 1 melqart. I'm not through though, and I'll try again.

I'm going to try to retake Aluvia (7) from Atlantis again, and see what other mischief I can raise.

I've been debating attacking Fomoria, would like to get a scout in there and see what is going on. He seems to be at least holding on, but I need to know if Atlantis has got a foothold in between me and Vanheim? Vanheim can you tell me what is going on there?

I'm going to attempt an attack against 14, next turn most likely. Rdonj, Illuminated, what advice do you have for dealing with large amounts of giant pd (or any PD for that matter). Aside from what is in the tactics thread, should I use swift troops on the wings to get behind the PD, maybe target the commanders, or perhaps just try to out-morale/frighten them off the battlefield?

Niefelheim's pd is pretty bad. 10 pd is 12 militia and a commander. They have pretty decent morale for militia, but their att/def are pretty atrocious. High damage high defense units would be ideal, but barring that, something like barbarians with sermon of courage should be able to take any realistic amount of pd. Without sermon of courage barbarians might break before taking out the PD if they put a lot into it. Heavy cavalry would probably steamroll them. At pd 20 niefelheim still has nothing but militia, albeit lots of it... but I just can't see them putting that much into niefelheim pd. Fear probably wouldn't be a bad idea, though as I said earlier they have slightly highish morale for militia (11). Trying to flank them wouldn't really be that helpful probably, you could try it but they have no commanders who will try to stay at range so success would be somewhat limited. Anyway, just hit them very hard and try not to get hit back. Buff strength of earth/weapons of sharpness etc. General mammoth/niefel counters still apply.
    Illuminated One

Post  Illuminated One Mon May 04, 2009 1:38 pm

The province is a chokepoint, so he might raise it higher.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Mon May 04, 2009 7:51 pm

Niefel's PD is pretty abysmal, small squads of ethereal undead regularly trounce it, especially supported by skellyspam. I'm doing well raiding his hinterlands, but I haven't yet got to the juicy farmlands. I suspect he'll defend them better, so I'll hold back a turn and send some ahead to scout. With luck, I can take one or two.

I've retaken around half of my lost provinces from Hel and Niefel, trying to take the rest.

Thanks for the gifts of cash and gems and items, I'll have bane lords next turn which should hopefully be a chassis I can use to -maybe- fight Jarls with, perhaps a couple of eye-shield banes as decoys. I could do with a couple more spare nature gems, as I haven't got that many myself, but aside from that I'm good over here for a while. I wouldn't say no to another Vision's Foe though.

I note from the score graph that both Atlantis and Hinnom's gem income is skyrocketing, and their research is already pretty good. I think they're tasking new mages to site-searching spells, and probably aiming for some globals. Can't say for sure, but they must be up to something.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Tue May 05, 2009 12:31 am

rdonj wrote:
    Niefelheim's pd is pretty bad. 10 pd is 12 militia and a commander. They have pretty decent morale for militia, but their att/def are pretty atrocious. High damage high defense units would be ideal, but barring that, something like barbarians with sermon of courage should be able to take any realistic amount of pd. Without sermon of courage barbarians might break before taking out the PD if they put a lot into it. Heavy cavalry would probably steamroll them. At pd 20 niefelheim still has nothing but militia, albeit lots of it... but I just can't see them putting that much into niefelheim pd. Fear probably wouldn't be a bad idea, though as I said earlier they have slightly highish morale for militia (11). Trying to flank them wouldn't really be that helpful probably, you could try it but they have no commanders who will try to stay at range so success would be somewhat limited. Anyway, just hit them very hard and try not to get hit back. Buff strength of earth/weapons of sharpness etc. General mammoth/niefel counters still apply.
    Thanks for the advice rdonj, Illuminated. Though some of their provinces (14 as Illuminated mentioned) seems to have lots of PD, at least 30, if not 40 or more.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content