Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+2
rdonj
Stretch
6 posters

Turn 27

Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Turn 27 Empty Turn 27

Post  Stretch Tue May 12, 2009 7:54 pm

Muahaha... my first 6 seeking arrows found targets, my 7th to 149 found no targets and the army didn't move from there (all commanders, including at least 1 eagle king, dead). Also, my arrow to 138 found no one... they hit stealthy commanders, right? What feedback did you get, rdonj? I notice that 138 is now owned by Mictlan, nice work Smile I have Caelum's fortress at 165 breached and I will take it next turn.

Now... how many rituals can you guys throw at a single province? There are 8 eagle kings, a Caelian seraph, and one other 0 prot 9 HP commander that I can see (they killed my 1 PD) in 174. I know we've used some gems these last few turns but if you guys can unleash some hell on 174 it'd be awesome. His eagle kings all sit around buffing with air shield and ironskin before they thunderstrike so horrors work well too. I'll reimburse you any horror costs this turn (I have 24 more blood slaves and will hunt whatever you need).

We're doing serious damage to Caelum (I see C'Tis took some of his provinces too)... lets grind our boots into his throat while he's down!

262 - Hinnom took it with 2 dawn guards, 1 avvite swordsman, 2 avvite archer, 1 melqart. Most of them were diseased or with multiple afflictions though, clearly just a scouting/chaff force. They were starving too... which makes me suspect troops I can't see in wolvermoroy (23). My scout that's hiding there appears to have become diseased over the last couple turns (I have to check this through past turns) leading me to believe that Hinnom built a fortress on a disease magic site, which I find hilarious.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Turn 27 Empty Re: Turn 27

Post  rdonj Tue May 12, 2009 9:25 pm

The turn was already switched over to grudgebringer. You'll have to ask him. Only mind hunts can hit stealthed units, so it's hard to say if there was anything in 138 or not to be hit.

Caelum has been hit pretty hard these last few turns and having all those kings in one spot is relatively bad as far as targets for seeking arrow spam go. If you're not already there, this would be a good time to get to that enchantment cost reduction site. Then get back to ruining him next turn Smile
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Post  Illuminated One Tue May 12, 2009 11:05 pm

Well, the horrors arrived in the province but his god wasn't there, but a larger force/PD.
    So this means you killed him or can he sneak away before horrors?

Great news so far.
    I have more than 100 slaves in the lab now, another crystal coin, so with your slaves I should but able to get an archdevil next turn and lock down niefel and three lesser horrors. Might as well start to forge the equipment for him now, any advice appreciated.
    I thought about a shroud (+10% regeneretion, flaming weapons, +3 strength, +5 attack), birch boots and a horned helm for the start.
    Are they better used as fighters or as close range spellcasters btw.?

I also killed one Niefel Jarl and all his skinshifters but the other Niefel Jarl killed my army.
    I think that means Lanka's cap isn't lost, however he lost his god, and as hardly any forces left to push back.

Niefel has got the Raptors mercenaries, knowing where they are would be critical for the next turn.
    Stretch

Post  Stretch Wed May 13, 2009 12:15 am

Seeking arrow damage is carried through whatever battles his eagle kings get into this turn, right? Damaging/killing/wounding could be the difference in this battle... I'm interested to see what everyone else has access to though. Vengeance of the dead would be awesome as he has 2 hall of fame kings in there. One's got 171 kills, the other around 90. It will take a few casts to get them, though... the 171 kill guy has 21 magic resistance from his HoF ability. They both have limps though, and one is diseased with 9 HP.

There's also the fact that killing the guy leading 11 yazads would keep them from trying to defend the castle (which I could really use help with... I'll get the castle next turn if they can't turn me back). I'll have to think on this, depending on what other stuff you guys can throw their way.

Against the jarls I see Lanka throwing their sage pretender, apparently without scripting anything... if we're going to be blatantly wasteful of commanders like that, can I send you some slave collars and other things for Niefel jarls to pick up and be screwed over by? I might have to try that with some of my eagle king raiding...
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Wed May 13, 2009 2:15 am

Yeah, it will carry over. If you think it will help you can do it, I just wouldn't normally expect it to.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Septimius Severus Wed May 13, 2009 3:30 am

Ok, Darloth I'm attempting to retake 273, 265, 244 for you. Let me know how long to hold and how much pd you want in them.

Turn 28 I expect to launch another assault on 14.

I have enough gold to build a fort in 11, but instead I'll send some cash to Darloth, Abysia, Lanka, Agartha, and maybe Fomoria.

Darloth and Agartha are losing ground. I hope we can make it to turn 30. What is happening is the majority of the frontline nations (Fomoria, Lanka, Abysia) and now possibly Agartha and Cti's are being decimated or at least hard pressed. Sauro and T'ien chi have remained firm, while the somewhat sheltered inner nations myself, Mictlan, and Vanheim have strengthened (we could conceivably continue for some time but ...).

We've weakened Caelum and Niefel a fair amount, the other 3 vets are growing stronger though. Lets do another assessment at turn 30. Unless we have some advantages a 5 on 5 battle with the vets would most likely not have a favorable outcome as their experience would give them the edge.
    Illuminated One

Post  Illuminated One Wed May 13, 2009 6:25 pm

Does anyone have a scout near Niefel cap?
    I think he is patrolling with lots of troops and the raptors. If I send the horrors at him, they should disperse quite, might as well siege Niefels cap for a turn.
    Flying someone in or cloud trapeze/remote spell could work, too.
    I'm using the remote werewolf summon now, if anyone has something better I could use my gems better.

If someone can cloud trapeze in after that we might even keep the cap and start to siege it seriously.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Thu May 14, 2009 1:11 am

Illuminated One wrote:Does anyone have a scout near Niefel cap?
    Can't say that I do (though I have an assassin on the way, unfortunately unarmed). Darloth might. What sort of mage/unit would you recommend to cloud trapeze/teleport in to the cap?
    P3D

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  P3D Thu May 14, 2009 1:22 am

I will scry it.
    Illuminated One

Post  Illuminated One Thu May 14, 2009 9:51 am

Scrying isn't necessary although always good.
    What would be really cool is a cheap remote summon like Call of the Wind.
    But I have already a werewolf group sent, it's to expensive imo but at least it should assure that no madness happens (unless he'S patrolling with entirely different units than I suspect) and I can use them later for raiding.

For the next turn teleporting in anything that can keep the cap under siege would be cool, but I fear we are not really strong enough.
    Stretch

Post  Stretch Thu May 14, 2009 10:38 am

I am moving a scout onto Niefel's cap this turn (sneaking). I'll let you know what I see. Got scouts on most other enemy caps too.

Tien Chi... are you moving to 146? If you are, could you please divert those units somewhere else and let me take it? I'm worried that Caelum is going to try something sneaky and get my big army to route while cutting off it's retreat. I'm backing up the retreat with 15 PD, 2 vanjarls, and a few glamoured troops so I don't think he'll be able to beat me there unless he sells out his attack on my big army (i.e. they wouldn't route) but I'd rather have a second avenue open. Let me know if you can divert and then I will send in my updated turn to take 146 via cloud trapeze.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Thu May 14, 2009 12:27 pm

This is what Niefel was patrolling with last turn:

In a little more detail, the giant PD is basically chaff and can be mostly ignored, the two tricked out Jarls are using a fire brand and a charcoal shield, and have A2W3D2H2 and A1W3D2H2. There's some human militia, partially diseased (wtf? Smile ) and a pair of Gryphon Riders. Scouts report the actual forces in the cap to number around 80, and consist mainly of (this is pretty weird) Raptors, Militias, Jotun Skinshifters and Longdead Giants. Those two Jarls are probably (hopefully) the only two, as they're the reported large monsters. We exchanged commander-scouts this turn, I'm quite amused.

Master Gibur is currently in Niefel's fort in 34, and may now be diseased, depending on just how nasty this bane venom charm is. I can tell this because there's a huge Water Elemental above the province.

Also, if you want Niefelheim under seige, you shoulda said so - I have a small army and a few mages near there that might be able to at least try... It's the jarls that'll be the trouble - I don't have much that can stand up to fire shielded frost auraed regenerating death giants, not nearby anyhow.

Edit: Ah, that's where the raptors came from. Mercs.
    Stretch

Post  Stretch Thu May 14, 2009 12:39 pm

I sure as hell hope you saw my post before submitting your turn this morning, tien chi, or decided not to take caelum's province right next to his castle. I really need that one in case he does something dirty, cuts off my retreat, and manages to rout me. Vanjarl trapezing in.
    Illuminated One

Post  Illuminated One Thu May 14, 2009 7:35 pm

Damn that he still has three jarls left?
    If they are patrolling I can forget that attack, thought he would patrol with humans and raptors only.
    (Disease comes from the rain of toads)
    Hmm, then he can probably break free from lockdown, too.

Ok, just hope llamaserver takes my redone turn.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content