Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+2
Septimius Severus
Darloth
6 posters

Turn 28

Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 28 Empty Turn 28

Post  Darloth Thu May 14, 2009 1:46 pm

Well, I sent in my turn, so it'll host soon. I'll report back on how it's gone, try and get my info and requests in early this time instead. I suspect I will have lost another couple of armies... but I'll be in a better position to counterattack.

Edit: That's odd. Llamaserver has had all the 2h files for... over 15 minutes now. Maybe it's busy. Maybe someone turned quickhost off. Shrug.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Turn 28 Empty Re: Turn 28

Post  Septimius Severus Fri May 15, 2009 1:04 am

Yes, it seems Llamaserver's on the fritz. Hopefully turn 28 will host but it looks like it won't be till Monday before we can go any further as we've got 3 people out for the weekend.
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Post  Illuminated One Fri May 15, 2009 6:39 am

So again a large army is on Lanka's cap, consisting of heavy cavalry, boulder throwers and 2 Niefel Jarls.
    A 400 or so army of Atlantis is stomping through Agartha...

I guess the game is really lost now, I don't see what to do on my front at least.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Fri May 15, 2009 11:50 am

Illuminated One wrote:So again a large army is on Lanka's cap, consisting of heavy cavalry, boulder throwers and 2 Niefel Jarls.
    A 400 or so army of Atlantis is stomping through Agartha...

I guess the game is really lost now, I don't see what to do on my front at least.
    Well I'd like to get a chance to try my assault on 14 again if I can. A dead Caelum would be nice as well (it would boost the odds a bit and perhaps restore some hope). An assasinated Mysterio would also have been nice. I'm sure Fomoria wants to throw their army at Hinnom and give them a little pain at least. Matters of principal I would say. Hold what you can, put what hurt you can on em, come turn 30, I'm pretty sure I know what the decision will be. Meanwhile I'll be working on my backstory for NvV III. Based on the projected outcome it will either be subtitled Revolution, Uprising, or Rebellion. I think revolution sounds better but I'm open to suggestions. It does convey the general idea of a massive revolt against cruel oppressors. Of large numbers of people and many nations forced to labor under the yoke of slavery for generations. The tyranny of the vets will come to an end, I promise you this.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Post  Darloth Fri May 15, 2009 1:08 pm

I'm deepstriking the Well of All Waters this turn, if that helps?

I should also be retaking my fortress provinces and then moving out under cover of poisonous life draining darkness. I could rush for tartarians? ^_^

Niefel is still patrolling with a pair of jarls on his cap, by the way.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Post  Darloth Fri May 15, 2009 2:00 pm

Okay.

Toads: Check.
    Elephants: Check.
    Lizards: Check.
    Undead hordes: Check.

Plan B is go, I will be attempting a breakout of both fortress provinces this turn. Stay clear please.

For anyone interested, there are 473 corpses in province 65, and you could probably harvest a good many death gems if you have a few air casters to cast Raven Feast.

I've put in a bid (Equivalent 302, I think) to retain Gryf, as trolls are kinda handy, really, and I can raid with them nicely.

Last edited by Darloth on Sat May 16, 2009 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more detail on merc payment.)
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Fri May 15, 2009 3:45 pm

Don't be disheartened by my troop loss... it was some archers and about a turn's worth of hirdmen, possibly a bit more (and I get 2200 gold per turn income on top of whatever I have to pay for upkeep). The battle between commanders wasn't really changed much this turn... he got a 1W van-whatever and possibly 1 vandrott, but I think it was just a vanjarl. I took out 3 non-cap commanders of his as well so I don't feel so bad.

He has 13 eagle kings in his eastern fortress now (east of caelum, forest of whatever). As soon as they split up I'm going to arrow them to death. If they don't split up I'm still going to do him dirty if he comes near my fortress.

I'm still going strong, and I think Ermor and Mictlan at least are holding strong positions. HOLD ON TEAM!!!
    P3D

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  P3D Fri May 15, 2009 4:54 pm

Niefel is apparently patrolling their cap heavily, but unrest is still 124.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Sun May 17, 2009 12:36 am

Ok, Darloth. Only 1 of my three attempted reconquests succeeded (fortress prov 273). I'll be moving my troops out anyway this turn so it should be yours free and clear. I'll also try again to retake the non-fortress Northia (244) for you Darloth.

I'm hitting province 14 with close to 200 troops this turn, including the mercs.

I'm also moving on Aluvia (7) again this turn.

Thanks for the Shambler Skin Armor(s).
    Darloth
    Darloth

Post  Darloth Sun May 17, 2009 3:51 pm

You should check the fortress is -mine- before you move out as somewhere you're seiging a Helheim fort that he must have just lucked out with.

I don't think you actually retook any fortress province of mine Smile

Thanks for the help though - I'm just finishing the research on spells that should manage to push him out, once I get some mages behind them and some undead to delay him.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Sun May 17, 2009 9:50 pm

Darloth wrote:You should check the fortress is -mine- before you move out as somewhere you're seiging a Helheim fort that he must have just lucked out with.

I don't think you actually retook any fortress province of mine Smile

Thanks for the help though - I'm just finishing the research on spells that should manage to push him out, once I get some mages behind them and some undead to delay him.
    Ok well province 273 used to be your province not too long ago. Don't know how he took it from you. I suppose I can leave a few troops there for now, but I'll need to move most of them out in order to attack 14. Try to retake it when you can. Or I'll try again when I can.

Well I suppose I could wait to attack 14 (let Neifel attack first and get his 2 Jarls killed then counter but as before might as well). Questions, I remember someone saying that the order "Attack Large Monsters" doesn't work against Jarls? Is this correct and if so what happens?
    Can I use banishment safely without killing my own undead?
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Mon May 18, 2009 4:31 am

It won't work against jarls if he has them mixed in with other units with similar amounts of health.

No, unfortunately you can't. Just like any other spell, some degree of friendly fire is quite likely if your undead get near his.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Mon May 18, 2009 10:21 pm

rdonj wrote:It won't work against jarls if he has them mixed in with other units with similar amounts of health.

No, unfortunately you can't. Just like any other spell, some degree of friendly fire is quite likely if your undead get near his.
    Thanks for the sage advice.
    Strange, now I can see the avatars, both at work and at home.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content