Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+7
Squirrelloid
Septimius Severus
TwoBits
Raiel
Hoplosternum
melnorjr
rdonj
11 posters

Turn 12

rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Turn 12 Empty Turn 12

Post  rdonj Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:35 pm

Noob Gold Total - 153,642
    Noob Gem Total - 696

Vet Gold Total - 70,705
    Vet Gem Total - 425
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Turn 12 Empty Re: Turn 12

Post  melnorjr Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:53 pm

Can we get seeking arrows on marignon? If he has a brain in his head he's going to raid the heck out of me since he can't take my cap. if somebody snipes his commander(he only has one on his most dangerous army atm), he can't do that and I can get rid of his army. the province number is 60.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Another bad turn in the south.

I fear I only have three or so turns to live. He seems to have his main army north of my capital trying to hunt down the rest of my lands to knock me out.

I am attacking Betane (94) which is a neutal in Caelum's sphere this turn and also Ene Umral (77) which is one of Marignon's.

Assuming Vanheim moves his main force of 80 north I will try and break out of my Capital next turn. It might work as I will have a couple of Skratti Thugs by that stage or I'll be finished.

It is looking very bleak down here. Hope it's going better in the north. Bandar appears to have been attacked in some way? Is that a new front opening up?
    Raiel

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Raiel Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:27 pm

Well, it seems that Lingchih correctly anticipated both the timing and location of the launch of my offensive. Frankly, I'm not sure if this is bad, good or great. He seems to have massed nearly every unit he had in my target province. Neither one of us lost a commander, but I lost 156 units in a failed attempt to take that province.

On the other hand, of the 56 Vestals and 39 longdead horseman that were defending that province, only 11 Vestals survived. That battle cost him approximately 2200 gold in units. More important was the opportunity cost of his losses.

I think Ermor is now on the ropes, but I'm not sure of the best strategy for making sure he goes down and stays down... I can try to strip provinces off of him with impunity, since he no longer has an army that can threaten me or defend more than one province at a time. Alternatively, I can punch through with my reserves (about 160 units) and go straight to his capital. Suggestions?

Twobits: What's the situation with Ermor on your side?

Septimius Severus: Can you hold off Ashdod for 2 more turns if I don't add any pressure? (If I want to take provinces from Ermor, I'll probably need to use the forces on my southern borderand those I just recruited.)
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Looking at the score graphs and Squirrel's report for last turn, it would appear ermor lost over half his army this turn. So things are certainly not looking good for him.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:27 pm

OK, very quick report until I get more time later today (didn't even have time to look at the battles, just the reports).

Bad News: Ashdod next to my capital. And someone sent Seeking Arrows at my force in 358 next to Ermor's capital, missing once, and killing an Emerald Lord (and I think screwing up my defensive placement in the process).

Good News: No Thaumaturgs or other key commanders killed by SAs. And Ermor decisively smashed in 358!!! What a Face Pythium losses were 37 units (a quick look showed 10 Cataphracts missing, perhaps as a result of the assassinated Emerald Lord, which sucks Sad ). Ermorian losses were 20 of 28 infantry, all 54 of 54 undead troops (bye bye Horsemen and Vestals!) and one commander.

More details later...
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:28 am

What is up with Pelthin (Agartha)? He hasn't communicated on these forums for a week now? Last I looked he was not coordinating mercenarary bidding with others either. I do not like this situation. Seems to be holding out ok at 18 provinces (though I saw a TC fort in his vicinity).

As all of you are aware participation and communication is rather crucial in this sort of game. I don't know the reason for this. But I am to find out.

What say you all? Especially Melnorj, rdonj, should we consider replacing him?

I will issue a warning via in-game and PM's first of course. But if there is no response?
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:34 am

Lavaere, what is going on with Bandar Log? Your down to fewer provinces than Hoplo? Ulm and Shin, are you guys plugging the gap or is it Eriu and TC that are taking advantage of this situation?

Lavaere, we need communication from you, what is the situation, who's attacking you, can you hold out? Do you want/need a replacement as well?

Thanks.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:02 am

Septimius Severus wrote:What is up with Pelthin (Agartha)? He hasn't communicated on these forums for a week now? Last I looked he was not coordinating mercenarary bidding with others either. I do not like this situation. Seems to be holding out ok at 18 provinces (though I saw a TC fort in his vicinity).

As all of you are aware participation and communication is rather crucial in this sort of game. I don't know the reason for this. But I am to find out.

What say you all? Especially Melnorj, rdonj, should we consider replacing him?

I will issue a warning via in-game and PM's first of course. But if there is no response?

I think we should try all available channels (in game PM and such) before we worry about that decision. Have you tried PMing him in game and on both forums yet?(you said you'd issue warnings, but I'm not sure if that means you've tried to contact him via those methods or not.) I could send PMs instead if you prefer, although I'm going to bed at the moment.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:22 am

melnorjr wrote:I think we should try all available channels (in game PM and such) before we worry about that decision. Have you tried PMing him in game and on both forums yet?(you said you'd issue warnings, but I'm not sure if that means you've tried to contact him via those methods or not.) I could send PMs instead if you prefer, although I'm going to bed at the moment.
    Right, I will try in-game and PM's on both forums. If you can, do the same. If we do not hear from him by next turn or so, we may need to take action.

I'll do the same with Lavaere.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:27 am

My three attacks were successful. Either those Sheshei retreated to the fortress which is next to 303 or they attacked C'tis.

We should certainly remove Ermor while he is down.

Cti's, I can't secure 303 this turn, I'd recommend you do so temporarily via 317, then move your troops out and up north where they are needed.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:30 am

Septimius Severus wrote:Lavaere, what is going on with Bandar Log? Your down to fewer provinces than Hoplo? Ulm and Shin, are you guys plugging the gap or is it Eriu and TC that are taking advantage of this situation?

Lavaere, we need communication from you, what is the situation, who's attacking you, can you hold out? Do you want/need a replacement as well?

Thanks.

Lavaere is still active on the Shrapnel board. So pming him there should work. It doesn't sound like he is about to quit Smile
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Post  Squirrelloid Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:51 am

Mostly a turn of maneuvering, acquired a not terribly valuable indie province... until I discovered it had a laboratory *already built* in it... So, I can hire Lion Tribe Shamans... not sure I want to, but i can do it. (Ok, I probably want one for building labs when i need to since its better than wasting a bakemono sorceror on the task). I can't hire one this turn though - where does all the money go? Oh right, troops for my war machine.

The war machine: Massive army (73 dai-bakemono archers, 84 bakemono-sho, 4 Ao-Oni, 6 commanders incl. prophet + 2 bakemono sorcerors) is attacking Ashdod at our only point of contact. ETA to ashdod's capitol: 4 turns. Not stopping for anything. (I'll play chicken if he counter-invades, I win that game). All commanders leading troops have at least 13 protection and 18hp, so they'll need to burn seeking arrows to kill anyone important, especially as 2 of the commanders are just there as targets for such attacks.

Retaking 2 provinces lost to indies this turn. Also acquiring another ocean province. (At least I hope 17 triton troopers + 3 shamblers can take ~20 regular tritons... I will be sad if they don't.) Seriously, the ocean provinces this game have been awesome - i'm averaging over 100 gold/province underwater (and that's with one province kicking out a pitiful 35 gold) - deciding to go diving early with my pretender was the best decision I made this game.

Buying ~26 dai-bakemono archers and 24 bakemono-sho with yari (low armor variant) + 2 bakemono sorcerors + an indie commander. Summoning 4 Ao-Oni. Have commanders moving to both fortresses for pickups.

73 research is buying me Enchantment 1 (+4 extra RP) and Evocation 3 (Fires from Afar online soon, and I have an F4 mage to cast with). Forging a ring of water breathing so i can get a tiamat's party going.

I currently have 12 fire, 24 water, 12 earth, 3 astral gems, and 20 death gems. I have uses lined up for the fire and water, and uses for the death gems will be easy to come by. I want to use the earth for crafting but am not in a great position to do so yet. Can i give someone earth gems to make (1) a hammer, (2) earth boots, or (3) a crystal shield (with what astral i have)? The astral gems are totally useless to me, so if anyone needs astral, say so.

Do my neighbors need anything? Bandar, how's it going down there, I still haven't seen you!
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134

Post  Joelz Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:45 am

This turn went extremely well for me. Managed to kill 3 Sidhe lords and 1 Tuatha with low casualties. A Sidhe lord managed to grab 149, but I'll reclaim it next turn (unless Caelum is interested in it as I have no use for it). Also grabbed 2 Eriu provinces with only a few casualties (194 and 192).
    Attacking 196, 200, 173 and 177. Both 196 and 200 were both Bandar Log's provinces and his province count dropped to half what it was before. I'm moving 2 commanders to help him. Bandar Log, if your capital is under siege please let me know as soon as possible.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:38 am

OK, as I thought, SAing the Emerald Lord screwed up my troop placement (all the troops that had been under his command ended up in a big horde in the middle), causing me unnecessary casualties (including the 10 Cataphracts). Everyone think carefully about how SA might disrupt your battle plans, especially on offense!

Otherwise, the battle went well, although I'm worried that I don't think the force there is strong enough to take his capital without reinforcements (especially if Seeking Arrow takes out another important commander). But I think I need to risk it. He's recruiting gladiators himself now, and could easily build up quite a force there if the other Vets send him gold - better try to interdict his resources now. If he drives me off his capital, hopefully C'tis will be in position to follow up immediately.

What would help me out tremendously is if Ashdod could be taken off my back (he's got another 10 giant army at 302 now! Shocked ). Squirrelloid, I agree with you that I need to ignore Ashdod for the moment (or at least not withdraw forces that are already engaged against Ermor), but as long as those armies of his are there, he can interdict and interfere with reinforcements against Ermor, and maybe give Ermor just enough breathing room to hang in there. Is there any chance you can move your path of attack against Ashdod one province distance to the north? It'll be slower getting to his capital, but securing my flank can let me concentrate 100% of my efforts against Ermor.

Anyhow, here's my plan for next turn - first, go for the throat. My army took 30% casualties last turn, and they may have to face lots of gladiators, but it's worth a shot. Reinforcements are being sent while I still can.

I had a problem with taxes last turn - my patrollers failed to prevent unrest, and I also need to send them off to the front now (40 Velites wont do much good against Ashdod's giants anyway). So income is going to drop a bunch next turn, as capital taxes drop from 150 to 80%.

I'll send my gladiators to try to block Ashdod from getting into my backfield (and hope to god the Vets don't have a spy there to "pop" them before they have a chance to get into a fight), and I'll keep the 5 Hydras on patrol, along with an Arch Theurg, which, with PD, should be more than enough to beat Ashdod off if they make a play for my capital. As you can see, though, I'm still having to use a lot of gold, resources, and mage time, to counter the Ashdod threat...
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Post  Squirrelloid Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:49 am

Ok, I absolutely have to attack 280 this turn because the alternative is attacking an indie province. Attacking 302 the turn afterward in no way compromises my ability to get to ashdod's capitol by the shortest possible route, and was in fact my plan (Because then the vets have to walk through ashdod territory to send armies to help, further weakening ashdod). I also think Ashdod is getting some pressure from the other side, so I can't imagine he can possibly justify sending another 10 Sheshai Anakim north. That would be like conceeding his capitol to me without a (real) fight. Moving to 302 is a great way to reinforce either against you or me though, so I think he's mostly feinting to get you worried. I imagine I'll be fighting 20 of them in 280 this turn (moving the 10 in your land and the 10 in 302 to 280 to block my army).
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:06 am

I cast 2 fires from afar but i don't know the effect.

I take a province to TC...

Anyone need a fire from afar?
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:39 am

Squirrelloid wrote:Ok, I absolutely have to attack 280 this turn because the alternative is attacking an indie province. Attacking 302 the turn afterward in no way compromises my ability to get to ashdod's capitol by the shortest possible route, and was in fact my plan (Because then the vets have to walk through ashdod territory to send armies to help, further weakening ashdod). I also think Ashdod is getting some pressure from the other side, so I can't imagine he can possibly justify sending another 10 Sheshai Anakim north. That would be like conceeding his capitol to me without a (real) fight. Moving to 302 is a great way to reinforce either against you or me though, so I think he's mostly feinting to get you worried. I imagine I'll be fighting 20 of them in 280 this turn (moving the 10 in your land and the 10 in 302 to 280 to block my army).

Yeah, plowing through Wolf Tribesmen would be a waste (better let Ashdod risk a giant or two against the double-dagger men if he wants to go that way), and I'm glad you're heading to 302 after that, which should effectively seal my border against further incursions. I think I should be able to handle one or two small giant armies that might get through before that.

In a turn or two more, I should have Magic Duel. Arch Theurgs teleporting in with Magic Duel and Returning scripts should give me very good odds on taking out any of his expensive giant commanders with Astral Evil or Very Mad And eventually, Stellar Cascades should be a battle winner against that kind of foe.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:44 am

viccio wrote:I cast 2 fires from afar but i don't know the effect.

I take a province to TC...

Anyone need a fire from afar?

I had scouts in both provinces, but didn't notice anything (no special reports), so I think you need to have one of your own spies there to see specific results. All I can say, is that I won fairly convincingly (despite the assassination of my Emerald Lord) in 358, and Raiel inflicted heavy casualties even in defeat in 355, so I think it had some effect. I hope Smile

If you want to drop another one on Ermor's capital just before I hit it, I would be OK with that Very Happy
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:05 am

ok 1 in Ermor Capital and 1 vs Eriu
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:21 am

Thanks Viccio, you've been a good team player.

So in contrast, what's the latest regarding our "renegades" pirat ?

Agartha seems to be doing well, but also seems to be playing like it's a solo MP game - gobbling up all the mercs without consultation (I mean, would you even like some gems for Dagan and Obscuro for site searching?), and just being incommunicado in general. How about some status updates, requests, or offers (an amphibious attack from the southern seas against Vanheim would be really useful right about now)?

Bandar, what's going on there? Misfortune events, or invasion? Ulm and Shinuyama, perhaps you'd best hold your turns until we know what's going on (game timer allowing, of course). You might need to take executive action there. Heck, one or both of you might need to put Bandar out of it's misery - the gold and gems from it's capital might go a long way in more effective hands.

Pelthin and Lavaere, I apologize if what I'm saying seems harsh. I know it's just a game, but some of us have put a lot of time into it, and heck, some of us really want to win Twisted Evil

Right now, I think the game is teetering on the edge, and could go either way in the next few turns, so we Noobs need all hands on board. If this more demanding team format game (requiring lots of time for visits to this forum, and lots of posting and PMs to keep teammates informed) is not for you, best let us know ASAP!
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:19 am

Attacking indies in 283. Building fort in 281.
    Pelthin
    Pelthin

Number of posts : 54
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Pelthin Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:06 am

Sorry Guys.

I was out of town last week and it threw me into a tail spin. I went over 3 times zones..Blah Blah..

Here's my Situation, and please forgive my taking of mercs. I have been working on my amphibious forces, and needed the extra umph of the mercs for site searching ect.

Gems:
    Air +4 month
    Water +1 month
    Earth +6 month
    Nature +2 month

Building a fort in Prov 222 to start to put pressure on T'ien Ch'i.
    I am churning out golems, Currently Enliven Statues, but soon the next level Enliven Granite Gaurdian.
    I am site searching looking for more gem income to keep my summons up. I did suffer a loss of my pale one force in prov 307. But I have one more large force ready to go. They move very slow...

What prov would you like me to target for an amph assult?

Sorry and thanks.
    Lavaere

Number of posts : 111

Post  Lavaere Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:10 am

Fine, talkie, talkie, talkie.
    Nothing really to say other then Baalz is really annoying. Finally would of had my fort finish and out of nowhere Baalz attacked. So any ideas on how to combat him then...
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:34 am

Pelthin wrote:Sorry Guys.

I was out of town last week and it threw me into a tail spin. I went over 3 times zones..Blah Blah..

Here's my Situation, and please forgive my taking of mercs. I have been working on my amphibious forces, and needed the extra umph of the mercs for site searching ect.

Gems:
    Air +4 month
    Water +1 month
    Earth +6 month
    Nature +2 month

Building a fort in Prov 222 to start to put pressure on T'ien Ch'i.
    I am churning out golems, Currently Enliven Statues, but soon the next level Enliven Granite Gaurdian.
    I am site searching looking for more gem income to keep my summons up. I did suffer a loss of my pale one force in prov 307. But I have one more large force ready to go. They move very slow...

What prov would you like me to target for an amph assult?

Sorry and thanks.

5, 9, 13, or 11 are vanheim territory. A warning though, only attack if you want to either raid(just take places to make him lose income) or bring along some mages with blade wind, becasue it will do wonders on his army right now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content