Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

5 posters

Turn 11

Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 11 Empty Turn 11

Post  Septimius Severus Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:57 pm

Illuminated One wrote:First as atul says, provinces mean nothing.
    What matters is income and there we are ahead.
    Having more provinces is even a weakness as you have to defend more and walk longer through your own territory.
    If we can even the field before they start site searching we should be fine. (Well, unless we count them having all the giants and stuff and experience). Wink

And the Wyrm isn't dead, he would have a cross in the hall of fame.

I won't be able to make it to the northern front anytime near, sorry. 224 still holds some vampires and knights if someone can clear it out for me that would be cool, but I'd just loose many of my sacreds again and don't have the gold to overrun them with chaff.
    I'm attacking 142 now, and will be able to fight against Caelum, on the other hand. Maybe Sauro can help north?

No need to send me any gems, I'm looking to get the critical stuff and send the rest around, being backrow and all. Not that they were very big but I'm bound to get a 1000 gold event some time. Cool

edit: Now I remember what I wanted to say.
    The vet's haven't built any forts yet. Which could mean that they took the money and built some massive invasion armies from it...

Rdonj did say we had more farms. So that is encouraging, there are still quite a few indies to be had. I though the vets didn't like micromanagement? Smile

Good job on sending money out.

Darloth, I'll need a corridor either around or through your territories to help remove Atlantis from our midst and assist in the defense of the North. Let me know the easiest path for you.

I'm hemmed in by friendly nations except to the south. I'm attacking 220 this turn, I may be able to help removing those vampires, Illuminated.

Aside, from that I'll be working on bolstering coastal defense, and getting some undead and take a water province probably prov 7.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Turn 11 Empty Re: Turn 11

Post  Darloth Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:16 pm

*ATTACK NOTICES*
    +Attacking Northia (244) - Sauromatia, I really think I need this province, it will provide much needed resources for my secondary fort - if other people are taking the forest up north, possibly the ONLY resources for that fort.
    +Attacking Pirenna (272) - I doubt anyone except Atlantis or Niefelheim can interfere with this anyway.

Septimus:
    Through Ministra (275) is probably the best for you to take, it has 10 PD. It's very productive right now, so no hurry. I've taken 255 but there's no specific need for me to keep it. I'm not going to put any PD there for the moment, but I have a fort cooking in 265, so I doubt you can go through there that easily.

I'd love the resources in Validun (6) but if it gets you to the front, you should take that as well - it's also got 10PD to prevent a couple of atlanteans just nabbing it. I was going to put a temple there and dompush a bit, opinions please? Atlantis's dominion does not seem strong, wheras mine is 9 candles, and I have C'tis's lovely H3 Lizard Kings if necessary.

The giant at 14 is still just standing there.

Should I move up an army to try and take 11? I hear it's valuable, but no one will tell me -why-.

I am attacking 272 this turn anyway, just to see what happens.
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Post  Illuminated One Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:04 pm

Atlantis has domstrength 10, look at the dominion score graph.
    Might be tricky to really push your dom priests can only raise it by one.
    I'd personally be more worried about loosing the 400 gold for the temple if he takes it but on the other hand cold dominion might really hurt you.
    11 is farm with good gold income but little gems.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:30 pm

Darloth wrote:*ATTACK NOTICES*
    +Attacking Northia (244) - Sauromatia, I really think I need this province, it will provide much needed resources for my secondary fort - if other people are taking the forest up north, possibly the ONLY resources for that fort.
    +Attacking Pirenna (272) - I doubt anyone except Atlantis or Niefelheim can interfere with this anyway.

Septimus:
    Through Ministra (275) is probably the best for you to take, it has 10 PD. It's very productive right now, so no hurry. I've taken 255 but there's no specific need for me to keep it. I'm not going to put any PD there for the moment, but I have a fort cooking in 265, so I doubt you can go through there that easily.

I'd love the resources in Validun (6) but if it gets you to the front, you should take that as well - it's also got 10PD to prevent a couple of atlanteans just nabbing it. I was going to put a temple there and dompush a bit, opinions please? Atlantis's dominion does not seem strong, wheras mine is 9 candles, and I have C'tis's lovely H3 Lizard Kings if necessary.

The giant at 14 is still just standing there.

Should I move up an army to try and take 11? I hear it's valuable, but no one will tell me -why-.

I am attacking 272 this turn anyway, just to see what happens.

I'll go through Ministra (275)then on the next turn, however my dominion is rather week, 6 I believe, for what it's worth. If you rather I choose an inland route let me know.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:42 pm

I noticed that Ossa and Alansmithee haven't posted here and checked their profiles, and it seems they haven't been visiting the forum. That's fomoria and sauromatia. So if you are going to be moving armies around near them you might want to send a pm their way.
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:00 am

I'm attacking 171. The only one who could also attack it on our team is T'ien Chi. I'll have Construction 4 next turn. I can help people out with dwarven hammers if need be.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:37 am

rdonj wrote:I noticed that Ossa and Alansmithee haven't posted here and checked their profiles, and it seems they haven't been visiting the forum. That's fomoria and sauromatia. So if you are going to be moving armies around near them you might want to send a pm their way.

What happened to the avatar images, did I hit something by accident, can't see em?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content