Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+8
TwoBits
Pelthin
Joelz
Hoplosternum
LumenPlacidum
melnorjr
Squirrelloid
Septimius Severus
12 posters

Turn 15

Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Turn 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Turn 15

Post  Hoplosternum Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:17 pm

Septimius Severus wrote:Very well then Hoplo and crew, we shall attempt my original plan then. To keep Hoplo in the game (we need your expertise), you shall attempt to play both Bandar and Jottun, until the latter is destroyed.

My interest is keeping things moving along and I frankly don't have the time to play two nations right now. You can either mass your armies together and throw them at the enemy via Omricia (Ashdod is near) or expand in Ulm's backfield some more.

If an alternate comes in as for Ulm or Skinu, I'd rather they do have a full chance of playing and meeting the enemy head on.

I myself only have one key, but apparently by using two e-mail addresses I was able to submit both turns to the server.

I will send you the current turn file, do you have another e-mail address other than what you used via llamaserver? That may be the safest way to try it. Post it or PM it to me.

Not sure it's necessary. I think it's fine most of the time but can sometimes cause the double stale. Anyway I have emailed you my alternative email.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Post  Hoplosternum Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:18 pm

melnorjr wrote:A note - bandar can probably forge cauldrons of broth for shinuyama.

Bandar is making one and will send it assuming it isn't crucial for a siege.

Jotunheim has one and on the turn my capital walls are breached I should be able to send that one too.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Post  Hoplosternum Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:24 pm

Bandar report -

Bandars position looks OK. Apart from the dire one dominion.... Fortunately Ulm hasn't dom pushed much so they should be OK for a while.

They do have a lot of priests too Very Happy

Bandar will be attacking Stone Grave Mountains (232) and Bright Woods (212) this turn.

I can see the Elephant province that seems to have been causing so much of Bandar's ills but I won't try and take it until next turn.

It will make sense to get Construction 4 now before turning to Conjuration.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  melnorjr Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:35 pm

Raiel, can we get a screenshot?
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:21 pm

TC continues its advanced

I have good news: i'm in embracer (19) and the next turn i recruits 22 Shambler for attack Vanheim in Silver Swamps(17)...
    Skinu
    Skinu

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post  Skinu Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:20 pm

if there is any way to get a 24 hour delay on the end of the deadline I can take my turn (I'm going to a friends who will let me borrow his net), if there isn't, I'm out of luck (and the game) untill Monday when they fix my internets.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:35 pm

I see that Lavaere has posted on the shrapnel forum, something to the effect: "woohoo it took a couple of days but I have internet again. so hows the game going any bloody battles lately"

In seemingly complete innocence.

I remind you all that there was no communication from Bandar turns 7, 9, and 11. Only when I prodded did I get a response on turn 12 that made me think, hey, this guy really doesn't give a shit! Since then no other turn communications, yet he has been able to submit his turns up until now. I'm sorry I've just had enough of it.

Edit: Also turn 6!

Last edited by Septimius Severus on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:37 pm

Skinu wrote:if there is any way to get a 24 hour delay on the end of the deadline I can take my turn (I'm going to a friends who will let me borrow his net), if there isn't, I'm out of luck (and the game) untill Monday when they fix my internets.
    Will you be able to get your current turn in? When will you be moving to that place you said you weren't sure of Internet access? Have you contacted the alternates as you said you were going to do?
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:48 pm

Joelz wrote:Just thought to drop by and tell that Stretch is up for the sub. Unfortunately I did not save any turns for him to watch Embarassed
    He should start subbing me by turn 16.
    Very good, Stretch normally frequents this forum and I'm sure you'll be in good hands. When I see your turn in for 15, I'll switch e-mails.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  melnorjr Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:31 pm

I'm going to bait the vet team to attack me harder - I may be able to fight it off, and even if I don't they may waste a ton of effort smashing me with what I'm about to do, leaving themselves relatively open in other areas, or I might be able to convince them to make a mistake. Right now, they probably don't think I'm very good. I would prefer to be have the time to get my research up higher, at which point I'd become very dangerous, but I doubt I have the time for that anyway unless I repulsed them very soundly from their attacks on me. In which case, the same thing would happen even if I bait them, and they would spend more effort/focus on countering my counters.

So, don't be surprised if I end up in trouble soon.

on that note...gold/fire gems/air gems? lol.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:21 pm

Skinu wrote:if there is any way to get a 24 hour delay on the end of the deadline I can take my turn (I'm going to a friends who will let me borrow his net), if there isn't, I'm out of luck (and the game) untill Monday when they fix my internets.

Waiting for Caelum, Ashdod, and Machaka. Did Caelum get a sub, or get the necessary delay?
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237

Post  LumenPlacidum Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:25 pm

Wait, my turn's not in???

Thanks for the reminder!
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:50 pm

Just Caelum left now. Are we going to delay? Less than 3 hours to hosting. Would be bad if Caelum staled...
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:35 am

rdonj has put in the delay (beat me to it).

I am now switching Ulm's e-mail for Stretch's.

Stretch, I am using the e-mail address you provided for this forum. If this is not a valid e-mail address or you'd prefer something else, let me or rdonj know.
    Skinu
    Skinu

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post  Skinu Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:33 am

Just sent my turn in thanks to my friend, let me use his internet, get my regular net back on monday so everything should flow along from here.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:35 am

Skinu wrote:Just sent my turn in thanks to my friend, let me use his internet, get my regular net back on monday so everything should flow along from here.
    So you won't need a permanent sub or anything like that?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content