Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

4 posters

Turn 7

Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 7 Empty Turn 7

Post  Darloth Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Septimus Severus wrote:Hmm, perhaps in Hindsight, EA Ermor was not that great a choice. I had assumed they could reanimate via priest orders just like the later ages. They do have decent and varied magic (all 6 paths, including Astral), and have decently strong armies to expand with. The afflication healing capabilites of the bishops and archbishop may came in handy.

What is Atlantis up to?

I couldn't rightly say. His wyrm buggered off somewhere, and since C'tis lacks national scouts and I -still- havn't found a province with them...

My situational intelligence is essentially nil.

I'm being forced to build a (bleh) Tel City, I (thus -_-) have no gold, not that many gems in the scheme of things, and... Well, I lost my first army but I have a somewhat better one, and the mercs did a good job before I lost them.

In short, the north is badly defended and I have no idea what's going on up here. Don't expect me to hold come turn 11! ^_^
    Lavaere

Number of posts : 111

Turn 7 Empty Re: Turn 7

Post  Lavaere Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:46 pm

I'm not a very happy person right now. First I had a failed attack, meaning I didn't take a region till the fourth turn. And now Caelum is right next to me, and with all his regions has the gold to fort build right on my doorstep
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Post  Illuminated One Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:11 am

I don't have the best news, too. I've had casualties again and the way to the north is suddenly blocked by vampires so I will have to delay that for 2 turns.
    On the positive side I have 4 gems astral income now.

Attacking 124 and 183 now.
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Post  Illuminated One Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:41 am

About Caelum:

If his army sticks around for one turn this would be really a sign that he builds a fort. If you see a lonely scout in the province, too. Caelum is pretty nasty in siege defense with their ability to fly in troops and the siege/defense bonus they get.
    Nap ends on turn 10 which is exactly when his fort would be ready. So I'd suggest attacking him as soon as the nap ends to deny him the fort.
    Agony looks like a great spell against elephants (wide area damage and fear), leaching touch and hand of death look great if you can get next to an eagle king (don't know about the touch mechanics though, if they require an attack roll they might not be that good) - Raksharya look like the perfect thugs for doing this. Arcane Bolt will kill an eagle king if it hits almost certainly and the precision is rather good. You don't have the astral but Abysia, Sauro and me have.
    Depending on what he's using lots of missiles might rout him as well. On the other hand shockwave would kill markata in droves.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:32 am

Darloth wrote:
    I couldn't rightly say. His wyrm buggered off somewhere, and since C'tis lacks national scouts and I -still- havn't found a province with them...

My situational intelligence is essentially nil.

I'm being forced to build a (bleh) Tel City, I (thus -_-) have no gold, not that many gems in the scheme of things, and... Well, I lost my first army but I have a somewhat better one, and the mercs did a good job before I lost them.

In short, the north is badly defended and I have no idea what's going on up here. Don't expect me to hold come turn 11! ^_^

What was that stale about? Were you just saving up some cash?
    I must assume Atlantis is still in 11 and on our land. Do what you can to deny Atlantis any more of our territory. I'm sure all three of us (you, me, and Mictlan, will be able to dislodge them when the time comes).

My attempt to reach the coastal provinces (to keep Atlantis off our shores) and take a water province cost me a bit, but we are bouncing back. The playing field is certainly more even this time around (in terms of provinces and gold), I don't care what anyone says.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:04 am

The stale was me getting home, taking off my shoes and falling asleep for 12 hours.

I did, however, need the cash. I'm a turn behind on mage recruiting and perhaps a turn behind in taking provinces, but it's not a major issue. I had planned to save for a fort, so the actual difference isn't huge.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content