Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+2
Darloth
Illuminated One
6 posters

Turn 10

Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Turn 10 Empty Turn 10

Post  Illuminated One Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:01 am

Got my ass kicked by the vampires in 244.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 10 Empty Re: Turn 10

Post  Darloth Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:56 am

Okay, sorry for being a little noncommunicative during the early turns, I think I should be better now.

*MOST IMPORTANT*: I'm attacking 255 next turn, Ermor, please do not attack there also. I'll PM you about it as well.

Mictlan, thanks for the little packets of gold, they've come in very handy. Do you need death or nature gems? That's about all I have in return. Could spare a pearl or two also.

I have never played this map and I have no idea about the special sites, if someone could make a quick list somewhere that would be great.

With those communications out of the way, here's the situation up in the north currently:

C'tis holds a wide but thin strip of land starting at Ministra (275 - hi Ermor!) and stretching across to Borale (259). Currently the Troll Peaks (256) are unoccupied by either side, some wolf tribe have set up shop there and as yet I havn't had an army nearby to kick them out. Sauromatia and Atlantis are both nearby and could probably fight over them, and I'll have a scout (my first!) there next turn.

North of me, Atlantis holds everything, shore or sea, except Scytha(14), which is held by a single Niefel Jarl, whom I expect to attack me next turn. I'm going to attempt to counter with skellispam and hope he doesn't have any horribly nasty tricks to compensate. (Being a vet, he probably will, so I'm treating 273 as lost until proven otherwise.)

I'm bidding 203 on the Elephant Corps, to try and grab stuff to my south, as currently I havn't been able to get any of that.

Also of note, province 272 had elephants in, but Atlantis conquered it. I'm going to try my best to take back at least SOME of the lands, as I don't think atlantean PD is brilliant on land. We'll see. I can't -see- any Atlantean troops at all, nor have I seen his wyrm since turn 6 or so. Maybe it died (hah, so unlikely -_-).
    P3D

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  P3D Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:11 pm

Me too, both of my expansion attempts failed. Damn heavy cavalry.
    Now at least I have flying troops (Celestial hounds) and a second castle ready.
    Lavaere

Number of posts : 111

Post  Lavaere Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:28 pm

Well turn 10 and time to start fighting back. Hard part is going to be trying to get through to Caelum's capital but it'll be fun trying.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:19 am

Darloth wrote:Okay, sorry for being a little noncommunicative during the early turns, I think I should be better now.

*MOST IMPORTANT*: I'm attacking 255 next turn, Ermor, please do not attack there also. I'll PM you about it as well.

Mictlan, thanks for the little packets of gold, they've come in very handy. Do you need death or nature gems? That's about all I have in return. Could spare a pearl or two also.

I have never played this map and I have no idea about the special sites, if someone could make a quick list somewhere that would be great.

With those communications out of the way, here's the situation up in the north currently:

C'tis holds a wide but thin strip of land starting at Ministra (275 - hi Ermor!) and stretching across to Borale (259). Currently the Troll Peaks (256) are unoccupied by either side, some wolf tribe have set up shop there and as yet I havn't had an army nearby to kick them out. Sauromatia and Atlantis are both nearby and could probably fight over them, and I'll have a scout (my first!) there next turn.

North of me, Atlantis holds everything, shore or sea, except Scytha(14), which is held by a single Niefel Jarl, whom I expect to attack me next turn. I'm going to attempt to counter with skellispam and hope he doesn't have any horribly nasty tricks to compensate. (Being a vet, he probably will, so I'm treating 273 as lost until proven otherwise.)

I'm bidding 203 on the Elephant Corps, to try and grab stuff to my south, as currently I havn't been able to get any of that.

Also of note, province 272 had elephants in, but Atlantis conquered it. I'm going to try my best to take back at least SOME of the lands, as I don't think atlantean PD is brilliant on land. We'll see. I can't -see- any Atlantean troops at all, nor have I seen his wyrm since turn 6 or so. Maybe it died (hah, so unlikely -_-).

I'm back and resuming for Ermor effective turn 11. Hopefully, you guys didn't attack each other in that province. We must repulse Atlantis, me and you, and with help from Mictlan. Hope someone was able to expand inthe direction of the vets (looks like a few of you were), and I hope someone was able to grab at least 1 water province.

The vets hold more provinces, effectivelly neutralizing our early numerical superiority. Maybe we can concentrate on what advantages our numbers still grant, troop variety, scouts, research, multiple attacks/front, and coordination above all.
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Post  Illuminated One Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:36 am

First as atul says, provinces mean nothing.
    What matters is income and there we are ahead.
    Having more provinces is even a weakness as you have to defend more and walk longer through your own territory.
    If we can even the field before they start site searching we should be fine. (Well, unless we count them having all the giants and stuff and experience). Wink

And the Wyrm isn't dead, he would have a cross in the hall of fame.

I won't be able to make it to the northern front anytime near, sorry. 224 still holds some vampires and knights if someone can clear it out for me that would be cool, but I'd just loose many of my sacreds again and don't have the gold to overrun them with chaff.
    I'm attacking 142 now, and will be able to fight against Caelum, on the other hand. Maybe Sauro can help north?

No need to send me any gems, I'm looking to get the critical stuff and send the rest around, being backrow and all. Not that they were very big but I'm bound to get a 1000 gold event some time. Cool

edit: Now I remember what I wanted to say.
    The vet's haven't built any forts yet. Which could mean that they took the money and built some massive invasion armies from it...
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:51 am

I rejected an attack of Atlantis in 91

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content