Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+2
Septimius Severus
Illuminated One
6 posters

Turn 16

Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Turn 16 Empty Turn 16

Post  Illuminated One Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:38 am

I'll attack the special provinces Pillar of the World and the Tree of Ages this turn.

Can anyone tell me anything about Caelum?
    I'm a bit afraid they'll screw me.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 16 Empty Re: Turn 16

Post  Septimius Severus Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:41 am

I'm going to requote some of the posts about strategies and counters in the strategy thread, labeled appropriately so they can be used as a reference.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:52 am

Darloth wrote:
    Septimus - I need a force breakdown on that incoming atlantian army that just landed in Validun (6) please, as much detail as you can stomach typing up. I wonder if there's anything I can actually do about them...

As of last turn, was around 105 troops (though he may have added to it since then), around 1/2 deep one spearmen and deep shamblers, and his prophet. Another priest is there as well.

I've got a prophet in 14 preaching against Niefel. I will most likely be attacking 6 this turn as planned, unless my forces have been devastated. Should I be unsucessful, if you want to attempt an attack next turn that is fine, just let me know, otherwise I should be able to retake 6 and anything west of it. More later.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:20 pm

I am attacking 276 and have retaken 259 (they taxed it to 200 -_-).

I'm now most worried about Helheim hitting me with a wave of stealthy troops, so I'm trying to move some tramplers in closer.

If I had a commander spare I'd poke at 6, just in case, but I don't, so I hope you take it next turn Septimus.

Finally, did someone send me 20 death gems recently? I'm pretty certain it said they came from Niefelheim, but the vets apparently aren't missing them... I'm making sure it's not an odd server bug before I hand (back?) over 20 gems.

Last edited by Darloth on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:31 pm

Darloth wrote:I am attacking 276 and have retaken 259 (they taxed it to 200 -_-).

I'm now most worried about Helheim hitting me with a wave of stealthy troops, so I'm trying to move some tramplers in closer.

Hah, I was wondering why the unrest was so high in 11. Either they expected these intermediary provinces to be recaptured and have thus pulled back their main forces to an inner defensive perimeter (a no recruit trap of sorts) or they really meant to tax the province high and maybe keep it under control with patrols. Assuming all the vets are doing this, it would be a sort of scorched earth fein and counter type strategy.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Post  Darloth Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:37 pm

The ones near me that Atlantis took with the wyrm, yes, they certainly expected to be retaken. They've provided much less income than they would have due to massive unrest, possibly even a little light pillaging.

Sadly, nothing I could have done about that - I couldn't take elephants by turn 5, and they could.
    Lavaere

Number of posts : 111

Post  Lavaere Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:08 pm

Anyone looking for gems. I can't really use them
    P3D

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  P3D Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:42 pm

I am looking for air and water gems.

Got into a battle with a Hinnom SC, got beaten.

If the blood empires managed to scrap together three N2B3 mages and 30 slaves, I'd suggest to target #36- Hinnom Capital, 2 provinces East from the Moon lake.
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:10 pm

I've got a dwarf hammer available for whoever needs it this turn, and another one next turn. Let me know.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:19 am

Darloth wrote:I am attacking 276 and have retaken 259 (they taxed it to 200 -_-).

If I had a commander spare I'd poke at 6, just in case, but I don't, so I hope you take it next turn Septimus.

Finally, did someone send me 20 death gems recently? I'm pretty certain it said they came from Niefelheim, but the vets apparently aren't missing them... I'm making sure it's not an odd server bug before I hand (back?) over 20 gems.

Rather than letting Atlantis pin me down on the coast, I'm going to use up the mercs attacking prov 14, and of course take 6, trying to push east into Neifel whenever I can, to help you out. I won't be able to counterattack 6 as I expected, so if I fail to retake 6, go ahead and attack it. I'll then retake it from you when I'm ready to push east again. There's gonna be alot of back and forth especially in 6 due to the large Atlantian armies nearby until we can clear em out of the water or build a fort.

I could use those death gems, hopefully it isn't the bug I had heard about.
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Post  Illuminated One Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:43 am

Well, I think I can start to lock one down early fall. Depends on how the battles turn out though.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Post  Darloth Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:31 am

Well, next turn I'm handing them back. I have MORE death gems though, if you like - I'm just reaching the research where I could productively use them for banes and suchlike, but I could spare 5-10.

Could do with a ring of frost resistance or pretty much anything of waterbreathing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content