Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+3
Amonchakad
pyg
rdonj
7 posters

Turn 2

rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Turn 2 Empty Turn 2

Post  rdonj Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:13 am

Alright, turn 1 is over. Discuss our activities in turn 2 in this topic.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Turn 2 Empty Re: Turn 2

Post  rdonj Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:40 am

I've decided I'm going to hit that farmland west of me first, then move east. So I guess aristander you won't need to take that farmland for me after all. It turns out the other province is actually a farmland also, and has a thoroughly ridiculous amount of defenders in it... I want to test the mettle of ferdinando's footmen before I entrust them with that battle.
    pyg
    pyg

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post  pyg Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:19 pm

I taxed too high and now I have to move my patrol so I could use cash next turn but I doubt anyone has extra.

I noticed the vets all had lowish first turn income. What does that mean exactly? Scales not optimized for income and/or not patrolling and overtaxing the first turn I guess.

Jomon/Darloth our castles both border Mag(60) right? I'm going to say that it's yours as I already have enough resources nearby.
    Amonchakad
    Amonchakad

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-02-07

Post  Amonchakad Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:21 pm

Just a couple of things:in the first turns I'll have quite some gold to spare,so if the "frontline" teammates need some,just say it here.Also,I've placed a bid of 100 on the sage(should i make that higher?).

EDIT:Pyg,I read your post just now,exactly how much money do you need?
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:38 pm

pyg wrote:I taxed too high and now I have to move my patrol so I could use cash next turn but I doubt anyone has extra.

I noticed the vets all had lowish first turn income. What does that mean exactly? Scales not optimized for income and/or not patrolling and overtaxing the first turn I guess.

Jomon/Darloth our castles both border Mag(60) right? I'm going to say that it's yours as I already have enough resources nearby.

Well, it does seem pretty clear that none of them took as good of scales as us. In the case of mictlan and pangaea I expect that's to cover an awake SC and/or a bless. Although mictlan is the only vet with no research done, so he's the only one that probably doesn't have an SC. For pythium, I have no idea what he's doing, that income is ridiculously low. Undoubtedly there's an awake sc in there, but what else is he doing to justify that low of income. Weird. Abysia has almost as good of scales as me, and I have O3P2G1, so I would guess he has O3 in there somewhere. Ermor is, well, ermor.

The primary conclusion I can draw from this is that they're staking everything on a strong early game. And they do have a significant advantage there, as I'm pretty sure most of us have limited experience fighting awake combat pretenders. Especially keep an eye open for pangaea with their stealth raiding abilities and gorgon.

Amonchakad - 100g is almost definitely not enough to secure dagan, so you probably do want to spend more.

If people want to spare gold to the frontliners that's great, especially if we're buying most of the mercenaries we'll need a lot of gold. I'd rather put it other places personally but this map is going to be pretty cramped and full of fighting.
    pyg
    pyg

Post  pyg Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:47 pm

Amonchakad wrote:Just a couple of things:in the first turns I'll have quite some gold to spare,so if the "frontline" teammates need some,just say it here.Also,I've placed a bid of 100 on the sage(should i make that higher?).

EDIT:Pyg,I read your post just now,exactly how much money do you need?

Check out the oddly titled 'merc denial' thread if you are thinking of bidding on the sage. 100 is kinda low as well.

I will net less than 350 next turn and I need LOTS of cash to build up skinshifters. I could use 500. I will repay with 25% interest by the end of the year on anything loaned to me.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Darloth Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Pyg, don't suppose you have the income/resources stats for Mag (60) do you, and I'd love to know what your scouts think of troop numbers. I'm trying to decide which province to hit first.
    Lavaere

Number of posts : 111

Post  Lavaere Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:02 pm

OK I can't go attacking until next turn. And after getting me some more troops I am left with 200 gold 2Fire 2Air 4Astral. So I'm thinking I should be sending these to someone else this turn to help out.
    pyg
    pyg

Post  pyg Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:08 pm

Darloth wrote:Pyg, don't suppose you have the income/resources stats for Mag (60) do you, and I'd love to know what your scouts think of troop numbers. I'm trying to decide which province to hit first.

No stats although I would guess ~50 resources. 50 units, HI, militia, and archers.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:10 pm

If no one else asks for any, I'll take some of that gold.
    Lavaere

Post  Lavaere Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:30 pm

100 gold to Tien Chin for rdonj, 100 to pyg (what is your realm since you haven't got it written as your location)

just checked my research for this turn 43 points into Theu with only 9 remaining. so once I got my mages doing ritual site searchs. I think I'll start going for Evo and Blood. Since my Stealth/Priest/Mage leaders seem to be blood mages. Damn castrated and flailed
    pyg
    pyg

Post  pyg Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Lavaere wrote:100 gold to Tien Chin for rdonj, 100 to pyg (what is your realm since you haven't got it written as your location)

just checked my research for this turn 43 points into Theu with only 9 remaining. so once I got my mages doing ritual site searchs. I think I'll start going for Evo and Blood. Since my Stealth/Priest/Mage leaders seem to be blood mages. Damn castrated and flailed

Sorry, fixed now.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Thanks. I have the feeling I'm going to be buying a lot of the mercenaries, so I can probably use all the gold I can get for that.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:49 pm

I'm expanding down to the bottom right of my capitol and hoping I take the province, I think it's the weakest. From there I'm not entirely sure where to go but none of the others lead anywhere good unless I want to chance my starting army against heavy cavalry. No thanks.

Aside from that I'm forging a hat for RDonj and that's about it.

Edit: Update.
    I have serious graphical corruption everywhere, my laptop may be dying, and my email server is refusing to send things. I'll try to resend tomorrow, othewise, I'll request an extension due to arrgh.
    Giant Moth
    Giant Moth

Number of posts : 54
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post  Giant Moth Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:47 pm

All is well. I'm pushing straight north to the mountain, as it's the least defended province close to me. Leaving my pretender home to amass some soldiers of the west, as well as put out some research. You may have noticed I didn't put out a prophet last turn, that's because I built a Lord Warden which I am prophetizing now, so he can lead my future army of wardens.

Army production right now is terrible for me, my main province is farmland. Will be a while untill I have tamed all indies. Oh, the woodland(52) right next to me is filled with ghouls and soulless. Bring priests!

Also, my dominion strength in my province and the closeby is one. Should I be concerned?
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:59 pm

Giant Moth wrote:All is well. I'm pushing straight north to the mountain, as it's the least defended province close to me. Leaving my pretender home to amass some soldiers of the west, as well as put out some research. You may have noticed I didn't put out a prophet last turn, that's because I built a Lord Warden which I am prophetizing now, so he can lead my future army of wardens.

Army production right now is terrible for me, my main province is farmland. Will be a while untill I have tamed all indies. Oh, the woodland(52) right next to me is filled with ghouls and soulless. Bring priests!

Also, my dominion strength in my province and the closeby is one. Should I be concerned?

Well, on the bright side you'll be incredibly rich with all those farms Smile

You might have some cause to be concerned about your dominion, but not necessarily because of that. How much dominion did you take on your pretender? We have lots of awake pretenders in this game and if your dominion is low you could end up being in trouble having to build lots of temples/preach most of the game.
    Giant Moth
    Giant Moth

Post  Giant Moth Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:04 pm

My pretender is only domionion 3, awake. Hopefully I'll get a bit more now with my prophet coming, and at least I won't have money trouble to build tempels.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Ouch, dom 3 IS low. You're definitely going to need some of those temples, especially if you want to produce decent numbers of wardens. That's not good, with only 3 wardens a turn you're going to have to be very careful with them. I am going to humbly suggest NOT using them to expand, to help keep their numbers up for when you start raiding the vet team's provinces.
    Giant Moth
    Giant Moth

Post  Giant Moth Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:50 pm

I wasn't aware that dominion effected the amount of holy you had, but hey, what do you learn every day. I needed pretty good scales, AND I wanted some decent blessings for my troops, so unfortunately dominion had to sit out a bit.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:05 pm

Yeah, when you're using a bless strategy scales usually take a pretty heavy hit to accomodate it. And taking a bless on an awake combat pretender just exacerbated the issue. It's definitely not the optimum build for this game, but eh, what can you do. This game is all about learning anyway.
    Lavaere

Post  Lavaere Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:13 pm

Another good thing about Giant Moth having that income is that he'll be able to feed out frontliners.

So low Dominion means less extra names, and high Dominion means lots of extra names.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:16 pm

I actually didn't know that until today. I never thought much about it before, but it does make sense.
    Giant Moth
    Giant Moth

Post  Giant Moth Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:38 pm

I still think that Adamantus, King of Might is the most awesome and humble title ever.
    Amonchakad
    Amonchakad

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-02-07

Post  Amonchakad Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:19 am

Ok,I sent 200 to Tien'Chi and 400 to Midgard;don't worry about interests or paying back for the moment,we're a team after all Very Happy

I've also canceled my bid on the sage,as I don't have much money left.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:13 am

Thanks Smile That should give me some wiggle room in case I need to buy another set of mercenaries soon.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content