Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+7
viccio
Hoplosternum
TwoBits
Squirrelloid
melnorjr
Joelz
Septimius Severus
11 posters

Mercenaries

Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Mercenaries - Page 2 Empty Re: Mercenaries

Post  Joelz Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:51 am

Is anybody else interested in Dante? If not, I could bid on him. I happen to have a heavily armored indie province which I could really use for my second fort site. My 350 spare gold scream to be used.
    Bidding 275 for the stingers.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306

Post  melnorjr Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:38 pm

I got obscuro, so if somebody sends me 4 air gems He'll be remote sitesearching till he's gone
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Post  Squirrelloid Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:32 pm

Dagan the renegade sage has popped into existence. I've put a token bid of 50 on him, because I wouldn't mind the extra research, but have no problems being overbid.
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:47 am

I buy Shipwreckers as suggested by Twobits, i need to expand ma empire!!! Twisted Evil
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:39 am

Squirrelloid wrote:Dagan the renegade sage has popped into existence. I've put a token bid of 50 on him, because I wouldn't mind the extra research, but have no problems being overbid.

I think we should put a priority on getting Dagan too. Any of our non-Astral nations who haven't spotted lizard-men yet (or some other indie source of Astral) should consider a large bid. Especially someone who has, or will soon get, Evocation-2. One of the Astral powers can certainly spare gems for site-searching.

At the very least, he should be kept out of Vet hands (killed off if necessary).

If this game drags on (I know, highly unlikely), Astral gems are life, and someone can always use them!

Speaking of gems and searching, Arco, did you get my Air gems? I don't mind giving them, but with a conflict with Ermor immanent, can you hit up Caelum or someone else for more gems (I'll supply them this turn again, just in case) - I just think I need to hang on to all my resources (cash, gems, etc.) until I see which way the wind is blowing. Smile
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:13 am

I'm worried about Dagan. Only Marignon is left to submit their turn, and no one besides Shinuyama has expressed a desire for him, but I worry his token bid will not get the job done. Should I blow my left-over cash (something over 150 gp) on him, even though I can't really use him, or see how things turn out? The clock's ticking, unfortunately...

Any recommendation?
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Should I pull the trigger on Dagan (no one else can use him? Pangaea? C'tis? I'd supply you with Astral gems for site searching if necessary!), or hope Shinuyama gets him?
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:55 pm

I don't think Dagon is all that important. Obscuro gets a nation some site searching in air (and in a normal mp game some forging in air) that otherwise you would have none of.

But there are far more astral indies. Plus many none SC Pretenders will have been given astral if the nation lacks it. Far less likely to put air on your pretender unless hes an SC (mistform, cloud trapeze).

So while he's valuable for his research he is not game changing, especially in a team game. So I'd only bid on him if you want the research. Not to just deprive the Vets of him.
    Raiel

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Raiel Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:57 pm

O.K... I threw 220 at him (that's the cost of one of my mages), but I won't be able to afford any troops next turn. If you want to kick 100 or so my way, it would be appreciated - but I'm probably fine if not.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:08 pm

Hoplosternum wrote:I don't think Dagon is all that important. Obscuro gets a nation some site searching in air (and in a normal mp game some forging in air) that otherwise you would have none of.

But there are far more astral indies. Plus many none SC Pretenders will have been given astral if the nation lacks it. Far less likely to put air on your pretender unless hes an SC (mistform, cloud trapeze).

So while he's valuable for his research he is not game changing, especially in a team game. So I'd only bid on him if you want the research. Not to just deprive the Vets of him.

OK, C'tis doesn't really need him, as they have Astral already (I should have thought of that before recommending it to them), but it would be a good fit for Pangaea (very unlikely that Septimius took Astral on a front-line SC).

It's hard to tell who might or might not put Astral on their non-SC pretender. Vanheim might, but then again, maybe not, as they don't really need the extra life with their glamour.

Really, I'd just like to see some of our non-Astral powers get a chance to start site searching, rather than let the Vets do it, but maybe it's no big deal.

Raiel, if you're tight for money, I wouldn't bother, as it wont help you, and you seem to need the cash. I'm kind of in the same situation, but maybe I have more spare cash? Both of us could use a little research push right about now, so there's at least one reason Smile

Oh, and in Middle Era, I don't think there are that many available Astral indies - the frequency of lizard-men seems to drop dramatically from EA.
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:13 pm

O.K... I toned it down to 140. His research is worth about that much to me and I can still recruit swamp guards next turn.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:14 pm

TwoBits wrote:Oh, and in Middle Era, I don't think there are that many available Astral indies - the frequency of lizard-men seems to drop dramatically from EA.

Well you might be right. Although I have some 'guarding' the swamp I was going to build my first Fort on so I hadn't noticed.

I hate their cursing leaders and they are of no use to me at all Sad

Yeah it can't hurt to get them and why give a Vet a leg up on searching or even research when as a team we can afford it better than they?
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:22 pm

Hoplosternum wrote:Although I have some 'guarding' the swamp I was going to build my first Fort on so I hadn't noticed.

I'd say leave them to your neighbor-ally, but I see Caelum has access to Astral. The use of indies is always something to consider when designing a border with your neighbor.

Anyhow, I think that's good call, Raiel, that's about what I was considering for a bid (I'm just finally purchasing an Arch Theurg this turn, my research could use a bump too).

In 3 turns, if one of the non-Astral Noobs think they could use him, they can put in a "clean" bid for Dagan at that point (and I'd highly recommend it to anyone with Evo-2).
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:35 am

if nobody is interested to take Farstrikers, so I try to take
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:19 pm

Dagan's contract with C'tis is expiring, if someone wants to do some Astral site searching. Um, that is if he's still "viable". I didn't think about it before, but Dagan might not be feeling so good after spending 3 months in Miasma Shocked

Then again, Raiel might want to keep him for C'tis to help with his research?
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:10 pm

I don't remember him having any afflictions, but I won't have a chance to look again until I get home tomorrow morning. His research is valuable to me, but if someone would prefer to have him, just let me know.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:17 am

Up for bids this turn:

New, the Boar Mage - N2, plus 40 boars. Might be useful fodder for anyone taking the offensive.

Obscuro - Arco, are you keeping him? I'm sending you another A gem (although I'd rather not - how's the site searching going? Have you found another A gem source yet?) just in case.

Farstrikers - Agartha, you're keeping them, I presume...

Last edited by TwoBits on Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:24 am

TwoBits wrote:Up for bids this turn:

New, the Boar Mage - N(2?) if you'd like it, plus 40 boars. Might be useful fodder for anyone taking the offensive.

Obscuro - Arco, are you keeping him? I'm sending you another A gem (although I'd rather not - how's the site searching going? Have you found another A gem source yet?) just in case.

Farstrikers - Agartha, you're keeping them, I presume...

Yeah, I'm planning to keep him. I haven't found any more air sites yet though, just the one. I wish you didn't end up the only one sending me gems. :/
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:26 am

Dagan is up for bid, but he's now diseased with only 6 HP left. He has no other afflictions, so I'm bidding 21 (counts as 42).
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:46 am

Shinuyama has expressed interest in the Farstrikers, but I might also be interested in using them against Ermor (we'll see what sort of money I have left after I give orders). C'tis might also make good use of them.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Post  Squirrelloid Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:50 am

Indeed, i might put a bid on farstrikers. I can manage 350. I don't *need* them though, so if someone else has the cash or the inclination they are yours (i could use some spare cash next turn anyway).

Edit:
    Withdrawing my interest in farstrikers - instead i'm buying some Shark Knights. I have some Triton + Troll + Hydromancer (presumed) provinces to clear out and need the extra underwater muscle. (That would be the one underwater force composition I am not sending my pretender against).
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:47 pm

OK, unless someone else really needs them, I'm going to put in a big bid for Farstrikers.

Obscuro is back on the market too. Who wants him? You can get in some Air site searching! If no one expresses an interest, I'll try to take him and use him on the front lines - that's better than letting him fall into Vet hands.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:32 pm

TwoBits wrote:OK, unless someone else really needs them, I'm going to put in a big bid for Farstrikers.

Obscuro is back on the market too. Who wants him? You can get in some Air site searching! If no one expresses an interest, I'll try to take him and use him on the front lines - that's better than letting him fall into Vet hands.

I'll make a small-moderate bid for obscuro. I've got air gems stored up.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:20 am

I intend on keeping the Boar Mage (a bit expensive using him for mere site-searching, but it doesn't seem as if anyone can forge N boosters for me yet).

Now that I'm going to move against Ashdod, I will no longer require the services of the Farstrikers (arrows are about as useful as tits on a bull against them), so consider them available.

Obscuro's contract is expiring, but Arco may want to keep him.

Burelk and his legion of fodder are now available. Might be useful if someone needs a quick horde of cheap meat asap Wink
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:10 am

Turn 17, Farstrikers and Obscuro are back on the market. Please no one bid on the Farstrikers, as I need as many warm bodies as possible to commit against Ermor!

Someone should bid on Obscuro to get in some Air site searching.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content