Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

5 posters

Turn 23

Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 23 Empty Turn 23

Post  Septimius Severus Tue May 05, 2009 12:45 am

Hmm, is that Vanheim I see in 276 near Ctis?
    Edit: Must be Helheim.

Stretch wrote:Fomoria's holdings number 6 provinces, including:

237 (fort), 239, 245 (capital), 226, 239, 262

The only one with any real defense is his capital, from what I can see. He told me specifically to take his provinces as he was on his way out (this was when Atlantis' wyrm was in his territory, but it was just a feint). 237 with the fort is an easy take, I think, if you can break his walls. If someone wants it (Ermor is in best position) its yours. Let me know what provinces you want to take and they're yours. I queued to hit 239 this turn.
    I'm going to 237 this turn or next (was going to do it last turn but got detoured by a nearby Atlantean force). 262 is a key province we must have as it is the land connection, with Hinnom. Fomoria, if you are still following things, try to hold it if you can as long as possible.

I've got about 150 units in 11 ready to attack 14 (now containing heavy pd, 30 heavy infantry, skins, and 4 Jarls), should I wait to try for a merc or attack now? Without the mercs, it would be 2 turns before I could get more troops there. Probably best to attack now. Attack!

Last edited by Septimius Severus on Wed May 06, 2009 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Turn 23 Empty Re: Turn 23

Post  Illuminated One Tue May 05, 2009 8:42 am

Hmm, do you expect to win?

I've retaken my provinces but Caelum/Niefel is now attacking Lanka and Atlantis is ready to move against Lanka,Agartha or me.

Caelum is spamming Seeking Arrows on me. Fortunately I only lost one good mage but I'm running out of scouts... Smile
    If I get an astral booster in time I will try to spring a trap on him with a Horror Dome.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Tue May 05, 2009 9:29 am

Illuminated One wrote:Hmm, do you expect to win?
    If I can get around the large PD, perhaps I can take out some of the Jarls, skins, and heavy infantry. The ideal situation would be not to have to engage the PD at all by working on their morale/and or frightening them off the field, but I don't have enough mages who can do it at the moment, especially with, as rdonj mentioned, they're abnormally high morale level. I've got my sacred shround equite with their multiple blesses set up to try to get behind the PD (attack rear) or attack em from behind. An assortment of vinemen, retarius, barbarians, and principes are also present. Those Jarls are what bothers me most this time. Even with 3 mages and my prophet going in as well. It will be tough. But it is sort of do or die isn't it?
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Tue May 05, 2009 9:49 am

Lanka and Abysia are right next to each other as Illuminated mentioned, if/when they give way, it would be up to Sauro, Mictlan, and perhaps Agartha to close the gap and attempt to stem the vet hordes. If this can be accomplished and we can regain most of the ground that was lost early on, and we don't lose more than 3 nations, and if we can get spell savvy real quickly and/or get an edge in research, we could last beyond turn 30 and possibly even defeat those vets.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237

Post  LumenPlacidum Wed May 06, 2009 9:54 am

It seems that Hinnom's capital is still locked down. It's at 128 unrest. Also, it's at 24550 population, with 93 units in it, so I think he's patrolling like crazy.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Wed May 06, 2009 6:04 pm

Sauromatia messaged me last turn I believe, saying they have little time, not enough for the forums, but they're still trying.

If the vets are to be believed, they're having hydra + non-immune troop problems, which is a shame.
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Wed May 06, 2009 6:38 pm

Scouting 262 and will queue attack with stealthed units from SE next turn. Emryc/province #62 should be searched for death sites if not already as my poor scout just got diseased from hanging out there (beware for your army, tien chi).

209 (skull temple island) is weakly defended (scout says 20 units, mix of archers/wolf tribe archer)

I sent copper plate this turn, Illuminated.

Please tell me that I am getting a skull staff this turn!
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Wed May 06, 2009 7:21 pm

After hastily revising my turn *cough* yes, you are. And a thistle mace. Do you need more of either of those? Check the marketplace thread for better details.
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Wed May 06, 2009 7:52 pm

I'm good with thistle maces, unless you have much more than you need. Got my treelord staff (guarded by amulet of missile prot) and a thistle mace that I made. My nature gem income is still pretty low so I'm just using it to site search... if you can do more with the treelord staff than I can and want to trade then that's fine. Thanks again for it, Illuminated.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content