Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+6
Skinu
Raiel
Septimius Severus
LumenPlacidum
Hoplosternum
Squirrelloid
10 posters

Turn 6

Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Turn 6 Empty Turn 6

Post  Squirrelloid Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:39 am

Game on!

----------------

Action Report:
    GK captures the Lake of Doom without a hit landed on him.

Army codename: Pipsqueak defeats their opponents with only 2 losses. One is sadly a dai-bakemono archer, but the army is still strong.

Army codename: Endzone defeats the deer tribe to take the forest.

Conjuration 2 completed.

Marching Orders:

Venerable ancestor Ai departs Lake Doom to capture #365, the Black Gorge, to her north. (target chosen for its income value).

Endzone is tasked with clearing out the barbarous hordes in 300.

Pipsqueak continues eastward into 282.

A new army, codename: Guerilla, is assembled under the command of Ualgo, who is commissioned with the rank of Rikugun Taii. Guerilla is tasked with capturing the last capitol adjacent province, #312 to the north.

Light cavalry commander Essis is reporting to the capitol for his commission.

A bakemono sorceror is searching province 271 for magical sites while Rikugun Shosa Takaaki oversees construction of a fortress.

Quartermaster:
    To report for duty and receive equipment next turn:
    1 bakemono sorceror
    15 dai-bakemono archers

Equipment also shipped to some provinces for provincial defense (min 5 in all non-water territories, often 10).

290 gold available (potentially up to ~400 without PD purchases).

Espionage:
    No flags or dominion sighted yet. No indie scouts available in any of my provinces. This is starting to get annoying.

Auxillary Engineering:
    Farstrikers are available. If no one else wants them I'm willing to make a substantial bid to keep them out of Vet hands (see you in the merc thread).

Last edited by Squirrelloid on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:57 am; edited 3 times in total
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Turn 6 Empty Re: Turn 6

Post  Hoplosternum Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:44 am

Just one attack planned this turn - area 59.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  LumenPlacidum Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:14 am

Baalz's Eriu already has a second fortress...
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:21 am

All three attacks successful versus indies.

I can see Shinuyama's candles over the water provinces of 344 and 365. Was going to build a lab in 335 (one of the two northern pennisula's jutting into the sea) since I now have a death pan and some death gems thanks to Hoplo, but Shinuyama may have the situation covered. May still do it if Shinuyama advises, concerned about Ermor.

Plan on starting fort construction at 295 when I can take the province and think I will delay my first fort till next turn as 253 has better income and a good strategic defensive position, though one less province neighbor.

Attacking indy in 253 (my expansion is slowing).
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:26 am

Actually, I've been thinking - its time to start building a real water army. So I probably won't be interested in putting a bid on the farstrikers, but this team has deep pockets - i'm sure we can keep those mercs out of vet hands.

Edit:
    Spent the last of my cash on:
    1 indie infantry commander near capitol (future Kappa ferrying duty)
    1 Shambler commander in Lake Doom
    12 Atlantian militia in Lake Doom
    6 Shamblers in Lake Doom

Lake Doom forces will be able to join with my GK in an assault on ~40 tritons + 2 shark knights for turn 7. The shark knights worry me mildly, i'd rather let some chaffe take those hits.

Last edited by Squirrelloid on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Raiel

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Raiel Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:33 am

Wow... practice helps, but it always goes differently when it counts, huh?

First, The Bad:

In my attempt to wrest 362 from it's lowly lion tribe occupants, my priest kings eye was greeted by an arrow. Said arrow then promptly greeted the back of said Priest King's skull... attack failed. I try not to get attached to these servants of mine, but sometimes it hurts.

The Good:
    322, 328 and 333 fell swiftly and with an average of one casualty per province.

I'll be starting my forth fort this turn and my second should finish next turn.

I'll be attacking 326 and 339 (Sept - Please make sure we don't cross paths here!).

I'll check in about 12 hours from now, but I'll be travelling so contact will be limited. I've got to go to sleep.
    Skinu
    Skinu

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post  Skinu Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:02 am

Two provinces, two victories. My archers own. Moving armies north east to confront Eriu (eventually).

Only attacking one indie next turn, but have moved into top research spot. Haahaha!

Getting lightning next turn, Have 3 3w 3a mages and one 3a 2w 1s.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:09 am

Skinu wrote:Two provinces, two victories. My archers own. Moving armies north east to confront Eriu (eventually).

Only attacking one indie next turn, but have moved into top research spot. Haahaha!

This is a good time to note that massed thunderstrike is stupidly powerful. Played an EA Caelum SP game where 6 Eagle Kings single-handedly shut down 200+ unit armies, including commanders. Admittedly a human player would find counters, but it was still disturbing.
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:22 am

3 provinces 3 Victories only 2 abysia infantries lost...

Evocation level 2 completed

I find in water province shark knight

In land i find Shaman (1S 1N) and Lion Tribe Witch doctor
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:04 am

Squirrelloid wrote:
    Skinu wrote:Two provinces, two victories. My archers own. Moving armies north east to confront Eriu (eventually).

This is a good time to note that massed thunderstrike is stupidly powerful. Played an EA Caelum SP game where 6 Eagle Kings single-handedly shut down 200+ unit armies, including commanders. Admittedly a human player would find counters, but it was still disturbing.

I agree. But Thunderstrike is 40 fatigue at A3. So the third thunderstrike will put the mages to sleep. Even after one use (40+enc) the A3 High Seraph will be significantly fatigued and at risk from criticals etc.

You really need A4, at least, to make it work except against weak opponents. Or spend lots of gems. Just over a quarter of Caelums mages should get A4 out of the box. Later there are boosters, spells (storm/stormpower) and communion matrices to make it work. But High Seraphs are NOT Eagle Kings. They have less air (but more other stuff) and Thunderstrike has to be used sparingly.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:31 am

What the hell yahoo mail? My turn 6 has been ready to go since last night, but Yahoo won't start scanning/uploading files for attachment - it just sits there and hangs. I'll send my turn when i'm able...

Edit: Figures it would start working again shortly after I post this.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:16 am

Heh, yeah. That sort of thing happens to me all the time.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:32 am

The turn went well, although I only attacked a single province. Will attack two more next turn, rounding out the territory around my capital.

Ermor and I are still playing footsie, as he has not moved further west, and I haven't moved further east (went southeast last turn - still haven't seen Ashdod). Seems neither of us wants to move too hastily into the last strip of neutral territory between us, and risk getting surprised.

Soon though, I will have rounded of my flanks, and can concentrate all my effort eastward.

The first Arch-Theurg has rolled off the line, and research should start to head upwards.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  melnorjr Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:19 am

Things progress. I've seen a marignon expansion battle, which suggests they are going for fire arrows. my scout is sitting on the border of vanheim and marignon

attacking two provinces next turn, will also have paralyze available to my mages then, and soul slay within another turn or two.

continuing site searching - no luck yet.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:39 am

melnorjr wrote:Things progress. I've seen a marignon expansion battle, which suggests they are going for fire arrows. my scout is sitting on the border of vanheim and marignon

attacking two provinces next turn, will also have paralyze available to my mages then, and soul slay within another turn or two.

Can you give us more details on the Marignon battle (I don't think anyone else has seen the Vets in actual action yet)? What types of units? Their order of deployment? Possible orders you saw given? What suggests they are going for fire arrows (besides the fact that they can do it with plenty of fire mages, and the fact that it is an effective spell) - crap loads of x-bow men?

Regarding site searching - are you going to try to keep Obscuro (remember, your bid will count as double)? Have you found an alternate supply of Air gems yet?
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  melnorjr Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:54 am

TwoBits wrote:
    melnorjr wrote:Things progress. I've seen a marignon expansion battle, which suggests they are going for fire arrows. my scout is sitting on the border of vanheim and marignon

Can you give us more details on the Marignon battle (I don't think anyone else has seen the Vets in actual action yet)? What types of units? Their order of deployment? Possible orders you saw given? What suggests they are going for fire arrows (besides the fact that they can do it with plenty of fire mages, and the fact that it is an effective spell) - crap loads of x-bow men?

Regarding site searching - are you going to try to keep Obscuro (remember, your bid will count as double)? Have you found an alternate supply of Air gems yet?

Yeah. I think I mentioned a bit more detail in the tactics and strategy thread, if not I intended to and just forgot.

Their army was lead by a horse tribe chieftain, with a grand master for fire support(literally). He had about 20-25 crossbowman, and 6 men at arms. the men at arms were on hold and attack orders. He has some thaumatergy research(he cast bonds of fire).
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:18 pm

Update, also attacking 260, Agartha be careful.
    Raiel

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Raiel Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:02 pm

Hi guys!

Sorry to be so slow today, but it will probably be another few hours before I upload this turn. I'm on the road, so things are a little hit-or-miss right now.

Ermor moved two armies to protect his eastern border from me... each consists of about 20 units: one is Alae & Shadow Vestals and the other is Shadow Vestals & Longdead Horsemen. I'm planning on moving about 40 units and my pretender up to defend the only province he can attack. Unless I'm really unlucky or I suck at PvP scripting (possible, even likely), I should be able to repell him if he attacks.

I'll check back for any suggestions or advicein a few hours...
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Raiel wrote:Hi guys!

Sorry to be so slow today, but it will probably be another few hours before I upload this turn. I'm on the road, so things are a little hit-or-miss right now.

Ermor moved two armies to protect his eastern border from me... each consists of about 20 units: one is Alae & Shadow Vestals and the other is Shadow Vestals & Longdead Horsemen. I'm planning on moving about 40 units and my pretender up to defend the only province he can attack. Unless I'm really unlucky or I suck at PvP scripting (possible, even likely), I should be able to repell him if he attacks.

I'll check back for any suggestions or advicein a few hours...

I think until you can get to Ench-3 and can spam your own undead, you'll probably have to rely on your Holy ability (might not hurt to recruit indie priests too if you can) and numbers.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content