Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+7
Septimius Severus
rdonj
TwoBits
Squirrelloid
Raiel
LumenPlacidum
Skinu
11 posters

Turn 9

LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 9 - Page 2 Empty Re: Turn 9

Post  LumenPlacidum Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:33 pm

Hey Caelum, seems like in a turn or so you might be able to drop a bunch of flying archers in the path of those Marignon troops. Their crossbowmen are probably the real damage-dealers in their force (hopefully there's more information to be had about that), and they'd go down to a lot of archers scripted to fire archer. Of course, I'm not sure what you'd do to get rid of those men at arms, but if Jotunheim let you take an empty province adjacent first, then you could retreat and continue to harry the enemy as they advance.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  melnorjr Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:56 pm

Again. if skinu researches thunderstrike. men at arms aren't a problem. having relatively heavy armor anyway, thunderstrikes fatigue causing effect in addition to its damage will pretty well smash men at arms.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Post  Squirrelloid Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:23 am

Will Skinu submit his turn before he stales? Will Baalz submit his turn before *he* stales? Find out in *2* hours!
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:30 am

Remind me in an hour and I'll postpone hosting for a bit.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:33 am

rdonj wrote:Remind me in an hour and I'll postpone hosting for a bit.

I'm bashing some year 1s with Eriu... so if i notice its been an hour i'll post again...
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:02 am

Well, I postponed hosting 24 hours as per lingchih's request. So skinu and baalz will have plenty of time to get the next turn in.
    Skinu
    Skinu

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post  Skinu Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:54 am

Thanks for the postpone, I really need to work out a good strat to push back Vanheim - The only feasable path is through the Great Feral, so im going to try to take it next turn, Push back his forces from that front.

Hang in there Holpo im coming to help ya.

Also, ehh, about the map thing - what program do you guys use to take screenshots?\

Haha, looks like I would have made the deadline by about two minutes, But We need to work out a strat Holpo - where do you think my forces would the the most effective? Lets coordinate our moves.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:03 am

Squirrelloid wrote:I'm not sure i have the resources to do that and deal with Ashdod. Not to mention my water forces are all north to work on containing any Ermor expansion into the sea. Plus there's a single water way down south, which means only one of us could go (and by going north I'm sort of implicitly ceding the south to Agartha - although I don't know how aquatic he is yet).
    True, it would take some time to circumnavigate once we get control of the northern sea. I don't know about Agartha, but if I capture any water provinces, I'll probably hand em over to the largest holder of our water provinces (yourself probably) to simplify our naval strategy. Agartha in the meantime may be able to head southward, depending upon strength of indies and so forth and perhaps attack Vanheim at sea.

I don't want anyone to panic though, especially Hoplo. Remember what rdonj said about fear. I remember in NvV, Lumen held out with great courage in a single province till the vets went down to defeat. We either win together or we lose together, there is no in-between.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:10 am

Skinu wrote:Also, ehh, about the map thing - what program do you guys use to take screenshots?
    Just hit the printscr key on your keyboard. You can then load up a simple program like paint and paste it in there to save it.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:10 am

Skinu wrote:Thanks for the postpone, I really need to work out a good strat to push back Vanheim - The only feasable path is through the Great Feral, so im going to try to take it next turn, Push back his forces from that front.

Hang in there Holpo im coming to help ya.

Also, ehh, about the map thing - what program do you guys use to take screenshots?\

Haha, looks like I would have made the deadline by about two minutes, But We need to work out a strat Holpo - where do you think my forces would the the most effective? Lets coordinate our moves.

Its just print screen and paste into your favorite graphics program. I use mspaint because its simple, and I don't really have to do any major image editing - at worst i need some text or arrows, which mspaint will do. Heck, you could probably paste it into Word or something equally silly, although then its kind of hard to save as a jpeg...

Edit: Doh... ninjaed!
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:07 am

Skinu wrote:Hang in there Holpo im coming to help ya.

Thats what I like to hear Smile

I just expand out the view until I can see all the lands I want (adjusting the map filters to exclude arrows, armies etc. if I don't want them). Then press printscreen and come out of Dom 3 (usually by alt-m) then open MS Paint and control-v the image in. I usually cut the image down with Zapgrab. And add some text with ms paint. But that's not necessary or even helpful if you simply want to send a copy of the map for 'map consolidation' purposes.

If you send me a map (email me at hoplosternum [at] hotmail.com) of your lands I'll do a consolidated map and post it. It might not be pretty but it should help us all to see what is happening.

Consolidated maps would be helpful for all regions. It is likely to help a lot in the north where hopefully we are about to go on the offensive. Or at least are doing better.

PS - I save the map as a JPEG rather than a bitmap. It loses a bit of detail but is much much smaller that way. For email my inbox can handle bitmap images (unless they are huge!) but for uploading to sites like this or shrapnel usually you need to use JPEGs.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content