Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+8
Septimius Severus
melnorjr
rdonj
TwoBits
Raiel
Joelz
Hoplosternum
Squirrelloid
12 posters

Turn 11

Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Turn 11 Empty Turn 11

Post  Squirrelloid Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:31 am

Maybe i'll post a detailed turn summary... But I'd like to ask the independents to *stop fricking attacking my provinces*. Twice in two turns is ridiculous. Stop that.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Turn 11 Empty Re: Turn 11

Post  Squirrelloid Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:21 am

Turn summary:

Ashdod took my hanging province bordering Pythium. Sorry pythium, you have angry giants on your border.

Indies took another province. Uggh.

Military operations against indies were entirely successful (+4 provinces, net +2).

GK is going to start manually site searching the ocean, at least for now. D5A2N2 could turn up a free fortress - useful since i can't build them!

Ocean conscripts regrouping to acquire more triton troopers.

Armies are converging on my 'choke' point (an indie province isn't really an impassable barrier, but its *not mine*). That's 73 dai-bakemono archers, 80 bakemono-sho with yaris in various armor grades, and 4 of the Ao-Oni, my prophet, 3 commanders (not relevant), 2 bakemono sorcerors set to: Summ Earth Pow, Rusting Mist x2, xxx x2 - its slime x2 for one of them and earth might x2 for the other. (secondary spells depended on available paths. One was E3 and one was W2, so i scripted useful spells they wouldn't fatigue *too* much from). This army is headed straight for Ashdod's capitol by the shortest possible route, hope he enjoys it. (If anyone wants to cast disruptive spells on his capitol while i'm on my way in, be my guest - you've got around 4 turns at the least).

Units recruited in home province positioning to deal with barbarian raiders. Sigh.

Bought up some PD in provinces near my capitol to help avert future indie attack events. Probably insufficient as of yet.

Research set to snag Constr 1+2 so i can make a ring of water breathing so i can cast Tiamat's.... way too complicated.

Purchased for next turn:
    20 dai-bakemono archers
    8 dai-bakemono
    2 bakemono sorcerors
    14 bakemono-sho with yari and virtually no armor

Many of the dai-bakemono are going to deal with the indie knights. 10 of the archers and the bakemono-sho are reinforcements for my army.

Image uploaded to map thread or soon to be.

Edit: Oh, I can confirm Ermor has no water provinces, and will know the instant he does get one.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:29 am

Very bad turn in the south. Caelum bravely tried to fly to my Capital and lost very badly there. Losing an eagle king hero and two of his top recruitable mages as well as his whole army as it had no retreat once routed. They caused some damage but more seemed to rout (and therefore live) than be killed.

I am not sure what to suggest now. Both Caelum and Arco should be able to deal with Vanheim with mass Tramplers. I have seen very few Vanheim mages on the front lines and no battle magic used by those I have seen. So they should be hugely vulnerable to Elephants and Mammoths.

What they are not vulnerable to is battle magic at this stage Crying or Very sad They simply have too many hps to be broken even by the 10 or so Thunderstrikes that were thrown at my Capital. Most of those hit the Skinshifters which of course have a second life so the sum effect of the Thunderstrikes were three fatigued out Caelum mages and about a dozen Werewolf Skinshifters Crying or Very sad

I am not sure what the plan is now. I am not sure what Vanheim plans. He may shield my capital and try and take all my other provinces to knoock me out while I am down. I can see another 100 odd troops heading my way. Skinshifters and Wolf tribesmen mostly. So he may be trying to take my capital quickly.

Or he may send his 50 odd Skinshifters straight at Caelum while keeping me bottled up. Marignon has moved more forces against my northern borders.

I am now constructing some thug gear for my Skrattis hoping that I can break the siege in a few turns. Thanks to Machaka for sending me the Helmet and the Snake Bladder Stick.
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  Joelz Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:14 am

Nothing special here, just grabbing few almost empty Eriu provinces. Attacking 194 (Anremark) and 192 (Zemike) this turn. Zemike seems to have a bit of PD in it, but not too much.
    Got my second fort up so I can start producing more of that heavy infantry. Starting to research Thaumaturgy for gnome lore (I have to use those earth gems somehow).
    Raiel

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Raiel Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:19 am

Well, I've had no interference from the vets thus far. I'm launching my offensive against Ermor this turn and shoring up my defense to the south in the hopes that Ashdod attacks.

@ Septimius Severus: Was that giant that attacked you a member of the hall of fame. If so, what heroic ability did have?
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:34 am

Turn went well. The attack next to Ermor's capital (358) went well, Solar Rays worked well in killing Shadow Vestals (although it required two castings, the first to get rid of Twist Fate).

Don't know if I'll be able to hang on to it though, as with only one mage there, I likely can't face down all the Vestals and other deadites in Ermor's capital. I'll probably content myself with pillaging and jacking up taxes, until I can move more mages to the front.

I also have Ashdod on my southern frontier now too, so that situation needs to be contained until Shinuyama can regroup and deal with them.

I raised taxes in my capital last turn (since I'm patrolling there anywhere), and will continue. I'll need to load up a test game against Ashdod, to see what's the best way to deal with him - Serpent Cataphracts, or Hydras.

Had more good luck with site searching, finding another 2 Astral gems a month.

Good luck, C'tis!
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:14 pm

Noob Gold Total - 130068
    Noob Gem Total - 591

Vet Gold Total - 59600
    Vet Gem Total - 354
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306

Post  melnorjr Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:18 pm

TwoBits wrote:Turn went well. The attack next to Ermor's capital (358) went well, Solar Rays worked well in killing Shadow Vestals (although it required two castings, the first to get rid of Twist Fate).

Don't know if I'll be able to hang on to it though, as with only one mage there, I likely can't face down all the Vestals and other deadites in Ermor's capital. I'll probably content myself with pillaging and jacking up taxes, until I can move more mages to the front.

I also have Ashdod on my southern frontier now too, so that situation needs to be contained until Shinuyama can regroup and deal with them.

I raised taxes in my capital last turn (since I'm patrolling there anywhere), and will continue. I'll need to load up a test game against Ashdod, to see what's the best way to deal with him - Serpent Cataphracts, or Hydras.

That's not even a question. Cataphracts would be a big money sink for something like that. heavy armor doesn't help against giants either. The hydras however, have about 4 forms, the poison will counter the ashdod regeneration, and they have a ton of attacks, which is great for getting through defense. feel free to test it, but I'd bet the hydras outshine the cataphracts for that.

My turn- killed 25/25 troops in a vanheim army, only the commander escaped, I lost one guy. pushing toward his cap. Sent 10 pearls to c'tis. Will have conjuration 3 next turn for magic path buffs. I'm not sure if I can take his cap - its got a lot of skinshifters - but he certainly can't reinforce his attack.

if everybody out sitesearching btw? there are some of us who have yet to find any sites.

also - if anybody can cast unrest events on vanheim's capitol, it would go a long way to helping me take his cap and save the south from doom.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:47 pm

Raiel wrote:@ Septimius Severus: Was that giant that attacked you a member of the hall of fame. If so, what heroic ability did have?
    Didn't see any hall of famers, though those Ashdod sacreds are tuff. If ya can spare a few troops southward, till I can secure your southern border it would be helpful.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:57 pm

Both Ashdod and TC attacked. Sucessfully defended 266 from TC and their heavy horse.

Ashdod took 295 from me, killed 31 units. My barbarians routed, though I severly wounded and diseased one of the Sheshai. Now at 4 in number.

I'm striking back at Ashdod in both 295 with a small force (in case he moves or retreats) and 281, an essential planned fortress province. I've got sacreds coming out from my capital to hopefully put an end to Ashdod's little excursion into my domain.

Attacking TC in 255 (currently 2 heavy horse) with my Gorgon. This is another must have fortress site.

Beginning fort contruction in 293 as backup, hopefully construction won't be disrupted or delayed too long.
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:09 pm

Septimius Severus wrote:
    Raiel wrote:@ Septimius Severus: Was that giant that attacked you a member of the hall of fame. If so, what heroic ability did have?
    Didn't see any hall of famers, though those Ashdod sacreds are tuff. If ya can spare a few troops southward, till I can secure your southern border it would be helpful.

Excellent... I knew he wasn't currently in the HoF, but I was worried that maybe he had been there and fallen off the chart. Thanks!

I'm sending about 110 troops to that province (317). Do you think you can hold both provinces to which he's adjacent? I suspect/hope he will attack 317, though.

BTW, Joelz, are you deploying your black-halbred troops against Eriu? I don't have any scouts down there and I haven't heard anyone mention them yet... if Ashdod surprises us, they may be needed up north, as well.
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134

Post  Joelz Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:27 pm

I'm just practically attacking Eriu with all I've got, but if the halberdiers are needed north I'll start sending them there (if they get past T'ien Ch'i that is).
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:00 pm

Joelz wrote:I'm just practically attacking Eriu with all I've got, but if the halberdiers are needed north I'll start sending them there (if they get past T'ien Ch'i that is).

Cool... we'll get back to you on that in a few turns. I think we can successfully counter Ashdod without them. I just wanted to stress that they can be very effective against both of those nations (especially Eriu's Sidhe Lords).
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:36 pm

TC attacked me in 180 and lost the battle (my trops kills 11 heavy horsemen ).

I attack he in 193 this turn
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:52 pm

Raiel wrote:I'm sending about 110 troops to that province (317). Do you think you can hold both provinces to which he's adjacent? I suspect/hope he will attack 317, though.
    It is unlikely I can hold both and still attack the emptied province so I'm emptying out 311 to try to hold the southern most one (293) whilst I build my backup fort there.

I hope Ashdod does attack 317, but I think it more likely he will attack 311 or retreat to regroup. Unless Ermor has asked for pressure against you. 311 would be the shortest route to my cap, 317 on the otherhand might be the shortest route to your cap.

Whatever this small group does, it is imperative they we build fortresses in 303 and 281 at once. If he goes for me, don't worry I'll handle em, go straight for 303 and start fort construction. You better believe there are more behind this small force, though I can't see em yet.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:57 pm

Pelthin, how are you holding up south of me against TC? Haven't heard from you lately. Me, you, viccio, and some others are facing a common enemy?
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:05 pm

Looks like we will have control of the northern sea thanks to Shin. Hoplo, Arco, does Vanheim control any water provinces yet?
    Skinu
    Skinu

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post  Skinu Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:37 pm

My turn went very badly. Sent an army to Holpo's capital and got wiped out, lost five good mages, and thirty archers. although I can recruit three per turn now it was a hard loss to take. It was my own dumb mistake, I opted to rush in and thought I could win but really should have taken adjescent provinces for retreat. Still, im regrouping and will attack again shortly, Probably two turns.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Skinu wrote:My turn went very badly. Sent an army to Holpo's capital and got wiped out, lost five good mages, and thirty archers. although I can recruit three per turn now it was a hard loss to take. It was my own dumb mistake, I opted to rush in and thought I could win but really should have taken adjescent provinces for retreat. Still, im regrouping and will attack again shortly, Probably two turns.

How's that drive against Eriu going?
    viccio

Post  viccio Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:54 pm

Skinu wrote:My turn went very badly. Sent an army to Holpo's capital and got wiped out, lost five good mages, and thirty archers. although I can recruit three per turn now it was a hard loss to take. It was my own dumb mistake, I opted to rush in and thought I could win but really should have taken adjescent provinces for retreat. Still, im regrouping and will attack again shortly, Probably two turns.

you need gold?

i have 300 gold if you need
    Skinu
    Skinu

Post  Skinu Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Squirrelloid wrote:

How's that drive against Eriu going?

Im pushing on his cap next turn, and I think I can take it although im a bit worried because ive yet to see him in battle. 6 elephants, 34 archers, and only one mage. He only has 30 slingers and that might take out one or two elephants, but my archers will cut them down a lot faster than they can hit me. Its also got very high def but elephants should be able to mow them down. Unless he has some method of transport, decides to move, or can sneak his god away ill have him trapped there. If I can secure my own territory reinforcements can arrive there every two turns, mostly fliers so his fort should fall quickly.

viccio wrote:
    you need gold?

i have 300 gold if you need

Actually, yes please unless someone else needs it more.

I have a dumb question to ask - If I have troops in garrison with no leader in a province, and move a leader into that province, and it gets attacked, do those units participate in battle ? And if there is no leader ?
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:16 pm

I can has indie spies!

Unfortunately, they're about as far from the enemy as they possibly could be. Its seriously going to take 4 turns to get them into position to do something. But i can start spying on people south of me (i doubt i'll need information on Ashdod by the time they could get there...).
    viccio

Post  viccio Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:21 pm

I have already sent 200 gold i send another 200

I'm realy stupid... I forgot to tell you that now I can cast fires from afar...
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Skinu wrote:I have a dumb question to ask - If I have troops in garrison with no leader in a province, and move a leader into that province, and it gets attacked, do those units participate in battle ? And if there is no leader ?

In a province with no fortress, right? Yes, they'll fight if a leader moves there before the battle. They'll also fight if you have even just 1 point of PD (as that includes a leader). If you have no PD, there will be a battle, but your troops will rout automatically.
    Skinu
    Skinu

Post  Skinu Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:29 pm

TwoBits wrote:
    Skinu wrote:I have a dumb question to ask - If I have troops in garrison with no leader in a province, and move a leader into that province, and it gets attacked, do those units participate in battle ? And if there is no leader ?

In a province with no fortress, right? Yes, they'll fight if a leader moves there before the battle. They'll also fight if you have even just 1 point of PD (as that includes a leader). If you have no PD, there will be a battle, but your troops will rout automatically.

Yes, nor fortress, but what if I move a leader into the province as someone attacks it ? IE the opposing army and the commander move into the tile on the same turn?

Edit- Thanks a lot Viccio that will help me rebuild my army as well as continue to produce mages.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content