Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+8
iainuki
Septimius Severus
viccio
TwoBits
Pelthin
LumenPlacidum
rdonj
Stretch
12 posters

Turn 18

Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Turn 18 Empty Set Taxes in provinces that are at risk to vets to 200%

Post  Stretch Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:12 pm

If someone more knowledgeable than I disagrees then please post here. I recommend putting taxes to 200% for any province that you think the vets might take in the next round or two. You'll get lots of money, and if you can't defend the province they won't get as much return from it as unrest will decrease income/resources/recruiting capability.

Not sure if everyone who posted turn 17 would read this so I'm making a new topic. I'm sure that everyone will be able to find the turn 18 topic when it pops up.
    Stretch

Turn 18 Empty Turn 18

Post  Stretch Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:47 pm

First off, sorry for killing your flying dude in 116, Caelum, but I didn't see any post saying you were going there. Eriu owned that province, and if you look at Eriu's income it's been destroyed in the last few turns.

I took the fortress of Eriu that had popped up near myself and Bandar Log. Smile I breached the gates on the fortress just north of Eriu itself (also owned by Eriu) and will storm this turn. If Eriu doesn't have defenses up on 157 then some fires from afar or something similar would be nice, so he doesn't try to reinforce or break siege. Eriu's income is taking a hit and every province that's next to one of his is at tax 200% now. I also have roving squads of knights lurking around, ready to catch his Sidhe raiders out in the open.

I got an air site searcher (Obscuro) for a few turns and will be using him to cast Auspex, but if someone can send me a thistle mace (PLEEEASE) and some nature gems to search with that would be awesome. I have tons of forests and 1N mages and no nature income!

PLEASE SEND ME A THISTLE MACE

I ALSO NEED SKULL MENTORS PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ULM'S RESEARCH SUCKS

If I can just get up to magma bolts I can do some serious damage to these sidhes. Glamour and defense mean nothing!
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Turn 18 Empty Re: Turn 18

Post  rdonj Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:02 am

Noob Gold Total - 306,886
    Noob Gem Total - 1,586

Vet Gold Total - 129,847
    Vet Gem Total - 881
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  LumenPlacidum Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:20 am

Well, melnorjr, I don't really have any way of catching up to that Marignon crossbow army. But, aren't most of your forces down in that direction (west instead of north)? I was thinking I could use my army to attack his castle just to the west of me, which will eventually get harder and harder to take unless it's dealt with. Any ideas?

Also, I'm sorry, Stretch but I gave out my two spare thistle maces last turn. I'm currently forging more, but it will take a bit of time.
    Pelthin
    Pelthin

Number of posts : 54
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Pelthin Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:32 am

Well I did not see it coming, but I got whacked by TC in I lost over 100 troops he lost 5. Prov 224, He has his Deva Pretender God on the march, and I am pretty sure my Fort, just built last turn is his next target.

I don't know if I can hold against his force, as this was going to be my staging ground. Here are the screenies:

Turn 18 Tc_pre10

My World Map:
    Turn 18 My_sit10

I also found a Fort and Earth gems in 197. I am fortifying that Prov as a 2nd staging area.

I have about 100 more units that will be in my fort next turn, so I might be able to hold. But not nearly enough Golumns for my liking. Sad

Let me know of any suggestions.

Thanks.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:08 am

This guy just trashed my northern campaign - dropped in on 329 and clobbered the army that was supposed to head north to attack Ermor, and then clobbered the army moving into 329 to block Ashdod.

Turn 18 Father10

The good news is, he got Horror-Marked at least a dozen times (maybe more like 20). Viccio, do you have the ability to summon Horrors yet? Does anyone know what level of horror marking causes repeat visits from Doom Horrors?

On another odd note, Vanheim also CTed in his prophet to take the province to the south (320) from light Ashdod PD. I can only speculate that there may be a lab there, for Vanheim's god to CT away from?

Oh well, I see C'tis took Ermor's last two non-capital provinces, although Ermor has broken the siege. Looks like it will be back to the drawing board for Raiel and myself on how we're going to finally put Ermor in the grave.

Killed the Raphailite Sage in 305, but cost me my Arch-Theurg to do it. I'm really getting bummed at my bad Magic Duel luck Sad

Got the Thistle Mace, thanks! Starting to generate a N gem income, we'll see where it leads.

I'll post again with a plan for the future, once I come up with one Suspect
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:27 am

I can call (in battle) lesser horror (and the next turn horror) but i need more turn for send horror

My Turn

Vanheim Take Silver Swamp(17) but i take (isurian).

TC Go back and attack Agartha, but i have a big army in proximity

I teake another Territory to Eriu

I start research of Nature Gems.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:03 pm

Agartha, Twobits: Those SC vet pretenders look mean and bad ass. Do we have any other flying SC pretenders on our side that could possibly stand up to them aside from my Gorgon (who might lose)? Luckily, they are only single units and can't be everywhere at one time and no matter how bad, with the right numbers and types of troops, and correct magic they can be brought down.

By the gods, we must finish Ermor off as quickly as possible. If we can then remove Ashdod, the vets may be demoralized enough to concede.

Agartha, I think I will attack TC and bring a force to bear near his cap, hopefully this will divert the deva and may give you a breather. Don't think a single pretender can breach any fort walls (for that you need masses of units or units with siege bonus). The sort of thing Ashdod is now doing with my besieged fort. His few Sheshei were not enough so he's now moving large numbers of slingers in and the fort is beginning to take some damage.

A few questions: Which battle comes first, my besieged units attempting to break the seige or my nearby units attacking from a neighboring province? If the former, and I lose, will any survivors be able to flee and would the fort then change hands before my relieving force attacks?

Since I've got stealthy troops and commanders I can move units in and out of the beseiged province. I beleive that the more units you have in there the faster they can repair any damage is this correct?

If so should I move my prophet and the stealthed units out to join the force attacking from outside and risk the walls being breached to bring everyone together or just send in more troops forcing Ashdod to commit more and more units to the seige, effectively locking down my fort for some time?

I suppose I might be able to mount a counter seige on Ashdod's cap, which might force a few of the Sheshei home to break it.

Stretch, I'll send you some nature gems, I've got plenty, too much in fact.
    Pelthin
    Pelthin

Number of posts : 54

Post  Pelthin Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:33 pm

Here is my Pretender. He's a good counter if I outfit him Smile

Turn 18 Dwyn10
    iainuki

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2009-07-23

Turn 18 Empty Subbing for Squirrelloid

Post  iainuki Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:21 pm

I'm subbing for Squirrelloid this turn, and will probably be subbing for him again in like two weeks. I know a fair bit about the national situation (major problem is a war with Ashdod), etc., but I don't know (or have time to read, I'm afraid) what else is going on in the rest of the game other than what I read in this thread.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  melnorjr Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:02 pm

Pelthin, that deva is just asking to be fatigued out. I'm surprised a vet would use a pretender SC with 6 encumbrance and no reinvigoration.

The biggest glaring weakness to the father of winter is his attack skill. Get a frost immune ring and a fire immune ring, then stack defense on a thug or two armed with anti-sc weaponry and you could take him.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:14 pm

Septimius Severus wrote:Agartha, Twobits: Those SC vet pretenders look mean and bad ass. Do we have any other flying SC pretenders on our side that could possibly stand up to them aside from my Gorgon (who might lose)? Luckily, they are only single units and can't be everywhere at one time and no matter how bad, with the right numbers and types of troops, and correct magic they can be brought down.

By the gods, we must finish Ermor off as quickly as possible. If we can then remove Ashdod, the vets may be demoralized enough to concede.

Agartha, I think I will attack TC and bring a force to bear near his cap, hopefully this will divert the deva and may give you a breather. Don't think a single pretender can breach any fort walls (for that you need masses of units or units with siege bonus). The sort of thing Ashdod is now doing with my besieged fort. His few Sheshei were not enough so he's now moving large numbers of slingers in and the fort is beginning to take some damage.

A few questions: Which battle comes first, my besieged units attempting to break the seige or my nearby units attacking from a neighboring province? If the former, and I lose, will any survivors be able to flee and would the fort then change hands before my relieving force attacks?

Since I've got stealthy troops and commanders I can move units in and out of the beseiged province. I beleive that the more units you have in there the faster they can repair any damage is this correct?

If so should I move my prophet and the stealthed units out to join the force attacking from outside and risk the walls being breached to bring everyone together or just send in more troops forcing Ashdod to commit more and more units to the seige, effectively locking down my fort for some time?

I suppose I might be able to mount a counter seige on Ashdod's cap, which might force a few of the Sheshei home to break it.

Stretch, I'll send you some nature gems, I've got plenty, too much in fact.

The break siege and relief troops will attack simultaneously in one battle. Survivors can flee to any adjacent province you own.

Also yes, the more troops you have in a fortress the faster it repairs.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:26 pm

I really wish I'd gotten obscuro back, but ulm outbid me. I was going to use him to cast confusion on marignon's crossbowman to make them melee each other and not shoot at me.

edit - I killed the mage messing with shinuyama, and killed the mages in half of marignon's army. the other half has two mages.

I doubt marignon is too happy about that one.

Machaka - could you move the rest of your army to province 46? I don't want marignon to go there and run around my cap.
    Skinu
    Skinu

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post  Skinu Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:13 pm

Stretch wrote:First off, sorry for killing your flying dude in 116, Caelum, but I didn't see any post saying you were going there. Eriu owned that province, and if you look at Eriu's income it's been destroyed in the last few turns.

That's allright, Im just trying to push him back as well, we will have to communicate better in the future.

My turn was uneventful, doing some massive site searching hoping to up my gem income, trying to recapture the land Eiru took from me, and rebuilding my forces to combat the skinshifters. Thanks for the cash and gems, Abysia / Machaka they certainly will keep me going.

Edit : If I cast seeking arrow on your capital Jotun, the one under siege, it will target the seiging army correct?
    Raiel

Number of posts : 188

Post  Raiel Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Successfully pruned the last two branches off the dying tree that is Ermor.

A random event has given me a shiny new Fortified City in 349, which I will now have a lab at because I just got done site seraching there. Very Happy

You guys worry about Ashdod and the new arrivals. I KNOW THAT I CAN TAKE ERMOR THIS TIME!!!

My biggest fear is that one of the other vets will get in my way... but they haven't so far, so maybe they won't this time. I will have 12 Mages in 349 this turn. I'm attacking Ermor's capitol from both provinces - I'm risking my pretender in doing so, but he's not worth much at this stage of the game anyway.

TwoBits: Just keep enough Star Fires/Solar Rays casters around his cap to prevent a Vestal based breakout in two turns.

I'll have Conjuration-5 next turn so I can start summoning Bane Lords. If someone can provide me with fire immunity and flying, I can make swords of swiftness to take on that Father of Winters (if I can just intercept him).
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:42 am

Skinu wrote:
    Edit : If I cast seeking arrow on your capital Jotun, the one under siege, it will target the seiging army correct?

As far as I am aware you are likely to hit me. We are both 'enemies' as far as you are concerned. Although some of my leaders are stealthy (who I believe are immune or at least less likley tio be hit - ??) or have a lot of HPs (Skrattis/Gygjas). But there should be better targets. It would have been a great spell as he appraoched my capital but it's too late now.

He has detached some troops out to clear out Abysia and your gains around my capital. If these are NOT led by stealthy Vanjarls etc then they would be a good target as at least it will paralyse the stack for a turn.

If you have seeking arrow available then I am sure there are plenty of good targets for it. I am sure Arco & Machaka can let you know some suitable targets. And I would focus on the south as Ermor does look finished (although ordinarily seeking arrow the ermor capital with all those Grand Thaumatugs would be a good target) and Ashdod's leaders are too large.

You still have very low gem income which I hope is because you haven't searched much rather than searched and not found. It may be worth 'investing' in air remote search spells. At least on Mountain provinces where I think Air sites are most common (?). If people can't supply you with many air gems you really need a decent air income of your own. So if people are not screaming for seeking arrow - and they will be once they know it's available Very Happy - then I would use some mages as remote site searchers until you have a decent air income.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:02 am

iainuki wrote:I'm subbing for Squirrelloid this turn, and will probably be subbing for him again in like two weeks. I know a fair bit about the national situation (major problem is a war with Ashdod), etc., but I don't know (or have time to read, I'm afraid) what else is going on in the rest of the game other than what I read in this thread.
    Hmm, iainuki, didn't see your turn 18 in yet, I had assumed you'd be able to get it in if Thursday was your last available day, but if your able to continue over the weekend, that would be even better.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:02 am

Attacking TC in 250 and 245.

Attacking indies in 243.

Building 2 forts in 303, 255.
    iainuki

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2009-07-23

Post  iainuki Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:04 am

I had the turn ready but didn't submit until this morning. I'm playing fairly defensively to guard a fort going up in 280, I don't think I can protect it and go after Ashdod this same turn. Attacking indies in 259. I also have an army in 302 that will try to defend if Ashdod attacks. I won't be putting in another turn this weekend.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237

Post  LumenPlacidum Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:04 am

melnorjr wrote:Machaka - could you move the rest of your army to province 46? I don't want marignon to go there and run around my cap.

Ah, didn't notice this message before. Sure. I'll move my forces into the swamp to the north of you. Also, I think I'm going to build a lab there to equip my forces with more food items. The waves of spiders are very hungry Sad .

Want me to leave the lab up in the forest where my bigger force is? I've been demolishing labs on the front lines to prevent them from being able to re-equip (after I re-equip, that is)
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:27 am

Raiel wrote:Successfully pruned the last two branches off the dying tree that is Ermor.

A random event has given me a shiny new Fortified City in 349, which I will now have a lab at because I just got done site seraching there. Very Happy

You guys worry about Ashdod and the new arrivals. I KNOW THAT I CAN TAKE ERMOR THIS TIME!!!

My biggest fear is that one of the other vets will get in my way... but they haven't so far, so maybe they won't this time. I will have 12 Mages in 349 this turn. I'm attacking Ermor's capitol from both provinces - I'm risking my pretender in doing so, but he's not worth much at this stage of the game anyway.

TwoBits: Just keep enough Star Fires/Solar Rays casters around his cap to prevent a Vestal based breakout in two turns.

I'll have Conjuration-5 next turn so I can start summoning Bane Lords. If someone can provide me with fire immunity and flying, I can make swords of swiftness to take on that Father of Winters (if I can just intercept him).

OK, back to plan A. I'll do what I can to contain Ermor, and see if I can come up with a way to deal with these Vanheim raiders. I don't have any thugs of my own, so it will have to be a magical solution.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:54 am

LumenPlacidum wrote:
    melnorjr wrote:Machaka - could you move the rest of your army to province 46? I don't want marignon to go there and run around my cap.

Ah, didn't notice this message before. Sure. I'll move my forces into the swamp to the north of you. Also, I think I'm going to build a lab there to equip my forces with more food items. The waves of spiders are very hungry Sad .

Want me to leave the lab up in the forest where my bigger force is? I've been demolishing labs on the front lines to prevent them from being able to re-equip (after I re-equip, that is)

Yeah, go ahead and destroy that one.
    Skinu
    Skinu

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post  Skinu Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:27 pm

Hoplosternum wrote:
    Skinu wrote:

As far as I am aware you are likely to hit me. We are both 'enemies' as far as you are concerned. Although some of my leaders are stealthy (who I believe are immune or at least less likley tio be hit - ??) or have a lot of HPs (Skrattis/Gygjas). But there should be better targets. It would have been a great spell as he appraoched my capital but it's too late now.

He has detached some troops out to clear out Abysia and your gains around my capital. If these are NOT led by stealthy Vanjarls etc then they would be a good target as at least it will paralyse the stack for a turn.

If you have seeking arrow available then I am sure there are plenty of good targets for it. I am sure Arco & Machaka can let you know some suitable targets. And I would focus on the south as Ermor does look finished (although ordinarily seeking arrow the ermor capital with all those Grand Thaumatugs would be a good target) and Ashdod's leaders are too large.

You still have very low gem income which I hope is because you haven't searched much rather than searched and not found. It may be worth 'investing' in air remote search spells. At least on Mountain provinces where I think Air sites are most common (?). If people can't supply you with many air gems you really need a decent air income of your own. So if people are not screaming for seeking arrow - and they will be once they know it's available Very Happy - then I would use some mages as remote site searchers until you have a decent air income.

Haha, actually I sent out my mages last turn, and they are searching this turn, Also ive just researched lv. 2 thurm so the rest of my territory will be searched shortly.

Ill change my orders before I send my turn in so you don't get arrowed. If anyone can name a better province to snipe (preferably Eiru because he has been putting a little pressure on me) then ill be happy to oblige.

Also Holpo - Im taking prov 73 (Wynna) If that's allright with you.
    Stretch

Post  Stretch Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:08 pm

Taking 104 124 126 from Eriu, 102 from Marignon, 205 from T'ien Chi if all goes well. CAELUM/Skinu: I did not see you say in this thread that you were attacking any of these! If you are then call it off because I'm sending my turn in! Storming Eriu's castle at 181 but if he's reinforced it with Sidhe's then I'm going to die. It's almost all just chaff that is a big drain on my upkeep anyway.

No merc hiring, forgot to check last time (but oscuro will hopefully give me some decent air income soon).
    Forging 2 hammers, will be able to give away 1 next turn and churn out 2 per turn.

Who needs a shield of gleaming gold? I've got one spare.

Please for the love of god send me a thistle mace.

Please send me 2 astral pearls per turn as next turn I can start casting arcane probing with my 1 smith who got the random astral pick.

I'm pillaging farm provinces that Marignon might steal back from me.

Who needs money? I've got a bunch!
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:21 pm

You can't hit eriu thugs with seeking arrows - they can't target things they can't find.

seeking arrows down in province 43 by arco would do a wonder, though.

and I wouldn't mind the gold either. :p

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content