Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+9
viccio
Joelz
LumenPlacidum
iainuki
Skinu
Raiel
Septimius Severus
Stretch
TwoBits
13 posters

I need gems!

LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

I need gems! - Page 3 Empty Re: I need gems!

Post  LumenPlacidum Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:34 pm

If someone can send me some death gems, it would greatly aid my ability to summon the King of Banefires and to get some more astral stuff with spectres.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:00 am

Lost my source of E gems to Ashsod for the time being, but would still like Pythium to cast Gnome Lore - can someone send me a half dozen E gems or so (or just two a turn would be fine for now)?
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:09 am

TwoBits wrote:Lost my source of E gems to Ashsod for the time being, but would still like Pythium to cast Gnome Lore - can someone send me a half dozen E gems or so (or just two a turn would be fine for now)?
    Think I've got a few I can send.
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  Joelz Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:48 am

Could someone pass a few nature gems my way? 8 would be sufficient for now.
    I'm also in a need for astral pearls. 8 would do as well.
    I can offer fire and water gems in return. Got about 20 fire gems right now and 7+ each turn (using 4 to site search), and about 8 water gems (2+ each turn) which I use for nothing.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:46 pm

And anyone sitting on Air gems, please send them to Pythium - I think I'm going to be taking over a lot of Air related stuff, especially Seeking Arrow.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Joelz wrote:Could someone pass a few nature gems my way? 8 would be sufficient for now.
    I can offer fire and water gems in return. Got about 20 fire gems right now and 7+ each turn (using 4 to site search), and about 8 water gems (2+ each turn) which I use for nothing.

Bandar is going to go in to the clam business with astral gems being in so short supply. At least in a small way. So any water gems will be useful for clam production (and a few searches to boost water income).
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Post  Hoplosternum Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:15 pm

TwoBits wrote:And anyone sitting on Air gems, please send them to Pythium - I think I'm going to be taking over a lot of Air related stuff, especially Seeking Arrow.

I will be able to send you 20 air this turn (from Jotun) unless Caelum really needs them instead. But Jotun's air income is small and likely to be cut off soon.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:22 pm

I'll have to hold off on passing out nature gems for a bit, I'm nearing Mother Oak capability and will need them for the casting and a single empowerment, unless I can be provided with a nature booster.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Post  Hoplosternum Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:36 pm

Don't empower! Bandar can lend you a nature booster (Thistle Mace do?). But we could do with it back after you have cast it....

I'll send it this turn, please send it back when you can.

Last edited by Hoplosternum on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Post  Squirrelloid Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:38 pm

Joelz wrote:Could someone pass a few nature gems my way? 8 would be sufficient for now.

I have nature gems I can send at the moment, although I'm pretty sure I'm going to cast GoH soon.

I could, however, use all the fire gems I can get for forging. So if you wouldn't mind...

Edit: 8 Nature sent.

Edit edit: Would probably like some nature gems sent to me in like 2 turns...

Last edited by Squirrelloid on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:41 pm

Hoplosternum wrote:Don't empower! Bandar can lend you a nature booster (Thistle Mace do?). But we could do with it back after you have cast it....

I'll send it this turn, please send it back when you can.

Very good, send it straight away.

Edit: I still may need to empower for Fairy Trod, or else retain the Thistle Mace permanently.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Post  Hoplosternum Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:54 pm

Squirrelloid wrote:

I have nature gems I can send at the moment, although I'm pretty sure I'm going to cast GoH soon.

I could, however, use all the fire gems I can get for forging. So if you wouldn't mind...

Edit: 8 Nature sent.

Edit edit: Would probably like some nature gems sent to me in like 2 turns...

Are you close to tartarians? Otherwise you should probably hold off on Gift of Health. It won't help much when you go down south as you won't have the dominion down there to benefit for a long while if ever.

It's most useful to a tartarian summoner. Then on someone who is fighting a lot in his own dominion. Ulm or Machaka might fit that?

But personally I think C'Tis should cast it. Assuming he is our main/only tartarian summoner for the next few turns. He can use that for healing the tartarians and then he can lend out the Chalice to heal key units other nations have rather than using it on the Tarts.

Of course if you are close to summoning tarts yourself then you are absolutely the right person to cast it Smile But unlike the gem generators this only benefits one power. And it's a key global. We should be sure the right nation has it.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:10 pm

Hoplosternum wrote:
    Are you close to tartarians? Otherwise you should probably hold off on Gift of Health. It won't help much when you go down south as you won't have the dominion down there to benefit for a long while if ever.

It's most useful to a tartarian summoner. Then on someone who is fighting a lot in his own dominion. Ulm or Machaka might fit that?

But personally I think C'Tis should cast it. Assuming he is our main/only tartarian summoner for the next few turns. He can use that for healing the tartarians and then he can lend out the Chalice to heal key units other nations have rather than using it on the Tarts.

Of course if you are close to summoning tarts yourself then you are absolutely the right person to cast it Smile But unlike the gem generators this only benefits one power. And it's a key global. We should be sure the right nation has it.

I have old mages who get wrack up injuries, and will have them in my dominion regardless of where the fighting is. GoH will help minimize the problems caused by this. I mean, its not to help my combat mages per se, its to help stop my mages who are researching/forging/whatever from dying off on me.

I'm not *that* close to Tartarians, although if my research picks up as expected in the near future, they might not be all that far off (And C'Tis seems set on using the Chalice for his Tartarian factory, so I don't think he's going to need GoH as well).
    Raiel

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Raiel Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:27 pm

Actually, my understanding of the combination of Miasma and GoH is that it's kinda self-defeating. Long term, I'm going to need Stone Idols to keep my dominion from immediately re-diseasing my Tarts (and thus preventing other afflictions from healing) unless I have both The Chalice and GoH. If someone else knows differently, please chime in...

I'm not set on anything. Winning is an option I'd like to excersize, though.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Post  LumenPlacidum Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:00 am

I think I've come up with a solution to these decked out Harbinger and Angel of Fury SCs that Marignon is fielding against me--they aren't cold resistant. I could really use any water gems people have to spare.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:25 am

LumenPlacidum wrote:I think I've come up with a solution to these decked out Harbinger and Angel of Fury SCs that Marignon is fielding against me--they aren't cold resistant. I could really use any water gems people have to spare.
    I'll send some.
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134

Post  Joelz Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:43 am

Sent 8.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306

Post  melnorjr Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:28 pm

I could use some astral pears. Within a few turns I'll be summoning golem thugs, which cost a fair bit themselves, then I need to gear them. And I'm also trying to keep mind hunts going at the moment.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:35 am

Can still use all the fire gems i can get my hands on. Currently forging boosters, and next turn i plan on making at least a staff of elemental mastery. Will probably ultimately want more than one. (So much of my magic is elemental, so it really is a no-brainer choice).

Wouldn't mind a few more death gems but i think i have enough for next turn at least. Actually have some excess earth gems at the moment if anyone is short, and kinda lacking a use for all of them. Ulm, need some more fodder for hammer forging? (Alternately, i have insufficient earth gems and should try empowering my GK so i can cast Dai Tengu, but then i also have insufficient air gems by a large margin, having passed virtually all of them to Caelum).

Edit: mmmmm... astral pears (lol melnorjr)
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:55 am

Squirrelloid wrote:
    Edit: mmmmm... astral pears (lol melnorjr)

Erm, yes. My ethereal fruit bat is hungry.

Pearls would be nice though as well.
    Raiel

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Raiel Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:36 pm

I will soon be casting Maelstrom. This spell costs 80 water gems. Please start sending some my way (every little bit counts).
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:51 pm

Raiel wrote:I will soon be casting Maelstrom. This spell costs 80 water gems. Please start sending some my way (every little bit counts).

I'll probably send some next turn after I see what my exact crafting needs are. (Forging at least one and maybe two staves of the elements in the near future, so...).
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Post  LumenPlacidum Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:26 pm

I should be able to send a few water gems, if not this turn, than certainly next turn. To Ctis, yes?
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Site Searching:
    We seriously aren't doing enough. Yes, I know we have many more gems than the vets. But how complete would you rate the site searching of your territory?

I'm guessing I'm about 70-75% done, and mostly switching over to manual site searching (F4W4E4D4 after boosters) to finish things off with some Haruspex/ArcaneProbe/Auspex for the full sweep. Given my gem advantage over everyone, often quite large, i'm guessing most of you are at less than 50% (although Machaka seems to be doing ok).

As we've noticed, gems are at a premium right now, so completing site searching of your entire territory is vital. And since we're basically down to taking land back from the vets, whose land has probably been searched already, at least to some extent, the task isn't really getting any bigger so its time to put some extra effort into searching.

Those unfound gem sites are rather valuable, as the shortness of gem supply demonstrates. And you may just find some amazing sites.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:47 pm

I'm doing what I can. I've got some arcane probing and now haruspex going with the thistle mace I was sent, and some gnome lore when my earth gems aren't required by other noobs. I would gladly search for water or fire gems, but despite asking more than once for some gems to get started, I haven't received any, and havn't quite decided to alchemize my precious and rather low currently supply of astral pearls to do it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:05 pm