Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+9
viccio
Joelz
LumenPlacidum
iainuki
Skinu
Raiel
Septimius Severus
Stretch
TwoBits
13 posters

I need gems!

rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

I need gems! - Page 4 Empty Re: I need gems!

Post  rdonj Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Squirrelloid wrote:Site Searching:
    We seriously aren't doing enough. Yes, I know we have many more gems than the vets. But how complete would you rate the site searching of your territory?

I'm guessing I'm about 70-75% done, and mostly switching over to manual site searching (F4W4E4D4 after boosters) to finish things off with some Haruspex/ArcaneProbe/Auspex for the full sweep. Given my gem advantage over everyone, often quite large, i'm guessing most of you are at less than 50% (although Machaka seems to be doing ok).

As we've noticed, gems are at a premium right now, so completing site searching of your entire territory is vital. And since we're basically down to taking land back from the vets, whose land has probably been searched already, at least to some extent, the task isn't really getting any bigger so its time to put some extra effort into searching.

Those unfound gem sites are rather valuable, as the shortness of gem supply demonstrates. And you may just find some amazing sites.

Pythium has done well site searching also. Actually he is getting more gems per province than you right now. Still, there are definitely some who are lagging behind. Though it is possible that this is an issue with available paths and site distribution more than lack of effort.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Post  Squirrelloid Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:03 pm

rdonj wrote:Pythium has done well site searching also. Actually he is getting more gems per province than you right now.

Indeed. Of course, I have more sites to search =)
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Bandar would appreciate a few earth gems for site searching. Bandar is also looking for water gems for more searches and a few death gems as well. About 4 of each would be great.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  melnorjr Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:16 pm

Hoplosternum wrote:Bandar would appreciate a few earth gems for site searching. Bandar is also looking for water gems for more searches and a few death gems as well. About 4 of each would be great.

I may be able to supply earth gems. I'll know when I get a response to a PM.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:41 am

I'm low on every single type of gem. So anything you could throw my way would be appreciated, especially Air (I know someone requested an Air booster - I'd need at least 17 gems [with a Hammer?] to forge that alone - and heck, I'd like one for myself some day Smile ) and Astral (all this Teleportation, and soon Gateway, is not cheap!).

I understand there are more important concerns at the moment, like Death gems for Machaka to cast Well of Misery, so if others have a pressing concern, definitely take care of them first, but if you're sitting on a pile of whatever, I could put it to some use!
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306

Post  melnorjr Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:27 pm

I badly need any astral pearls I can get my hands on. I am below ten at the moment, and am using them to pretty good effect mind hunting thugs and armies around the world, and forging, and I will soon be wanting to summon golem thugs, at a high cost in pearls.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:25 pm

Pythium needs Air gems and Astral gems, as many as you've got available (well, maybe you can throw a few S gems Melnorjr's way Wink ).

I could also use a very small handful of Earth gems (still no luck with Gnome Lore Sad ).
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:44 am

Still hungry for S gems, and especially for Air gems! I'm casting 4 Seeking Arrows at Marignon this turn, and there goes all the ones Ulm just sent me Sad And if I start casting things like Storm and Fog Warriors, I'll need even more for battlefield use.
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134

Post  Joelz Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:24 pm

I can supply you with 3 air gems a turn, so that should cover at least 1 or 2 BF spells. Sending you my 3 remaining ones this turn.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:43 pm

Joelz wrote:I can supply you with 3 air gems a turn, so that should cover at least 1 or 2 BF spells. Sending you my 3 remaining ones this turn.

Very much appreciated! Just don't short yourself on what you need for more site searching. And please, for the love of the Pantakrator cyclops , anyone else who can search for Air gems, remotely or manually, please keep at it Exclamation
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:55 pm

Jotun might be able to next turn. We have seized the Bolivar province and that's 6 air a turn (with the other air site there). But I am not expecting to hold it for long as it's next to my old capital and sadly Ulm's forces were defeated there. Jotun's air needs are low although that may change if I ca hold the province a turn or two and build a lab there for Illusionsists.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:31 pm