Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+2
LumenPlacidum
Septimius Severus
6 posters

Turn 21

Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 21 Empty Turn 21

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:52 pm

Haven't looked at my turn yet. I made two attacks but the stats show no change so I assume either both were unsuccessful or I lost something and gained something else.

I've sent a message to Fomoria in-game (i'll make it possible for him to continue in the game if he wishes or responds) but otherwise me and Vanheim will need to snatch up whatever is left lest we have the enemy in our midst, I would think. I hate doing it cuz it's like doing the enemies' work for them (noob on noob), I'd much rather the enemy attacks and takes at least some loses first, but oh well. At this point though, it is probably a moot point, just trying to be honorable. Same probably goes for Mictlan and Abysia.

More later.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237

Turn 21 Empty Re: Turn 21

Post  LumenPlacidum Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:19 pm

I'm willing to bet that Hinnom will be attacking province (75) next turn. I'm curious if Tien Chi feels that the force in the fortress at (100) is able to take out the army of 50 that's there in (63). If so, then it might be worth it to do so. But, I don't know what else you're facing to the west or north. Of course, I'm not really sure how I could support you in that either.

Also, where'd Ermor come from? You're cutting through Hinnom's lands with undead?
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm

Well, that went rather well.

I killed a heroic Jarl, stole his equipment, took essentially no losses, stole another two provinces (one from Niefl, one from Hel), and started seiging an enemy fort (sadly, with a force too small to hold it).

All in all, yeah, I'm happy with that.

I'm forging a ring of water breathing for someone, researching const-4 next turn (meaning I can do thistle maces and skull staves) and I sent 2 nature gems to someone who wanted them - can't afford more at the moment, sorry, but with luck you can turn them into a successful haruspex and grow your own.

Septimus - I'm attacking that foresty mountainous place with the pair of Jarls in, I've forgotten which province number.

I'm also retaking my southern provinces from Helheim, as much as I can anyway - but be careful as you're being sneak attacked from your east side by a Hel raiding force, probably those damned valkyries.

That's about all I have to report, but it's good news for once!
    P3D

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  P3D Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:11 pm

I think Hinnom will attack #98 or whichever is my province next to his army, and wait for him there. And I can get more armies there this way.

I have a Caelum army coming the other way, will be dealt with next turn.

Someone should do a thing or two with Caelum taking the Pillar of the World.
    Illuminated One

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Post  Illuminated One Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:32 pm

Yeah, I'll try I have two small armies running there.
    But I'd really need a copper plate to get more than an all or nothing charge that he can easily avoid.

I've made some tests about Atlantis and I guess we can count Abysia out for sure.
    I'm going to try a small hellpowered communion to deal as much damage as I can, and maybe I get lucky on the horrors.

Some other notes:

Lanka has sent me 1000 gold and 40 blood slaves and he has been silent on the forum for some time now.
    I don't know if that means he has enough or that he'll not survive for long.

Sauro's army graph has dropped almost down to Abysia/Formoria level.

Maybe Atlantis is forging lightless lanterns and heading for the artifacts.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:04 pm

LumenPlacidum wrote:Also, where'd Ermor come from? You're cutting through Hinnom's lands with undead?
    Hah, well hello Lumen, I figured Atlantis would do what they did, so I decided to get my troops out of the sea (prov 7) and across and see if I can help out. If I can get a foothold, let me know how I can help. Hinnom's inner provinces seem lightly PD'ed.

Well I captured 44 from Hinnom, and recaptured 11 from Neifel. Lost 232 to an unexpected attack from Helheim, as Darloth pointed out and Atlantis took back prov 7.

I'll recapture 232 Trisia this turn, maybe increase PD or do some patrolling on my eastern flanks.

I'll try to take 43 from Hinnom.

Reinforcing the the provinces that I have.

Darloth, that foresty prov with the 2 Jarls is 273 (Forest of Gilla).
    There's also a force of Skinshifters and Jarls in 14. I am guessing 11 will come under attack again, as he could send in all 3 Jarls, from both provinces.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:40 pm

Illuminated One wrote:
    Some other notes:

Lanka has sent me 1000 gold and 40 blood slaves and he has been silent on the forum for some time now.
    I don't know if that means he has enough or that he'll not survive for long.

Sauro's army graph has dropped almost down to Abysia/Formoria level.

Maybe Atlantis is forging lightless lanterns and heading for the artifacts.
    That Lavaere, he's a real team player. He's tuff and scrappy, much like Lumen (Ulm) a veteran of our first campaign and our volunteer cartographer. I got some stuff from him as well. He's still got a decent army though according to the stats, hope it is just surplus. A 1000 gold is alot though.
    Stretch

Number of posts : 136
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post  Stretch Fri May 01, 2009 1:52 pm

120 (Ripewoods) owned by Caelum has Wizards in it, but my scout doesn't see any magical site there. So he's got a site that gives him those, but I'm not sure if it's 120 or not... would I see it if it was? If that's a site he's getting wizards from them I'll try stealth raiding it.

BTW, Darloth, I sent Visions Foe crossbow this time around, as I was a bit low on fire gems. Have you tried that or an eye shield against the Jarls? Seems like it might work OK if you get a lucky hit.
    P3D

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  P3D Fri May 01, 2009 8:56 pm

Darloth,

sent 31 death gems (death income +8), use them well.
    Darloth
    Darloth

Number of posts : 105

Post  Darloth Sat May 02, 2009 10:38 am

Trying eye shields this turn - Vision's Foe will probably be useful as well though, thanks.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content