Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+8
Hoplosternum
melnorjr
rdonj
Septimius Severus
TwoBits
viccio
Raiel
LumenPlacidum
12 posters

Turn 10

Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Turn 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Turn 10

Post  Squirrelloid Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:31 pm

Ok, I'm pulling back so i can engage him with some 70 dai-bakemono archers + 80ish bakemono-sho with yari, 2 mages with rusting mist, and 1 other mage (due to some bastards burning my temple down, i have one Uba who happens to be near my front lines... one potentially quite useful Uba since it has D2). Of course, i'm surrendering my choke (should he attack, which he probably will unless he thinks his Anakim are vulnerable without their chaffe shield), so I'll have to get lucky guessing which province he'll attack next to try to break him there.

If I don't get lucky, I'm not going to chase him through my lands. I'm going to play chicken and run straight at his home province. I don't think he can break my fortresses with 12 giants, but i'm pretty sure i can break his.

Its always possible he'll go NE and take my hanging province there, giving him a border with Pythium (sorry!). I should be back on my frontline regardless by the end of next turn with my army, wherever that frontline happens to be...
    Lavaere

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Lavaere Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Well this is a real shock, I didn't expect Eriu to be 4 regions away from my cap. Exspecially considering I had been tracking Ashdod instead
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:01 pm

Melnorj has some good ideas for dealing with Ashdod, giants in general, and especially their sacreds. I'm (or me and Ct'is are) facing a similar situation as you, except with only 5 Sheshai and 1 Adon. If you can get confusion that is great for giants, if you can get through their MR anyway. We do need to shut down Ashdod's cap as soon as possible, to stop those sacreds. I'm working towards rain of toads and I believe their is another one I have access to via nature for unrest, something with a boar. Wonder how much unrest is caused by rain of toads be spellcaster, per turn. I of course need to do some bloodhunting and actually start research blood for it.
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:49 am

Septimius Severus wrote:
    LumenPlacidum wrote:
    Septimius Severus wrote:
    viccio wrote:i encountered eriu in 136 and 146 and T'ien Ch'i in 193

I kill 2 commander of Eriu...

I think that i need Help...
    What was the outcome, did you take both provinces?

I saw his prophet kick the crap out of Eriu's pair of expansion thugs. Really lucky with a smite that bypassed the air shield on the sidhe lord and dropped mistform and glamor at the same time.
    So it was a successful defense of at least one province?

I wrong to write.
    I see them I have not fought yet (apart the 2 leader of eriu),but i have 2 armies on my borders (1 of T'ien Ch'i e 1 of Eriu)
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  Joelz Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:58 am

Lavaere wrote:Well this is a real shock, I didn't expect Eriu to be 4 regions away from my cap. Exspecially considering I had been tracking Ashdod instead
    You shouldn't worry too much. I'm about to engage Eriu in Imictan (179) and will begin marching my forces into his lands through there. Also, Caelum seems to have a force of 60 Spire Horn archers and blizzard warriors on Eriu's border (177).
    Lavaere

Number of posts : 111

Post  Lavaere Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:04 am

Joelz wrote:
    Lavaere wrote:Well this is a real shock, I didn't expect Eriu to be 4 regions away from my cap. Exspecially considering I had been tracking Ashdod instead
    You shouldn't worry too much. I'm about to engage Eriu in Imictan (179) and will begin marching my forces into his lands through there. Also, Caelum seems to have a force of 60 Spire Horn archers and blizzard warriors on Eriu's border (177).
    It just I was tracking Ashdod with my scout and preparing to fight him. And all of a sudden Eriu is next to me instead.
    Skinu
    Skinu

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post  Skinu Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:40 am

Can we postpone by a few hours ? I dont have enough time this morning to do my turn and I might have to work late. Thanks a lot.

EDIT:
    wait.... today is only thursday and we host friday... hahaha im really tired this morning :p
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:25 pm

No attacks planned this turn. Moving troops and Pans to the front, reinforcing a few positions. Group of revelers on its way to assist again vanheim.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:20 pm

Skinu wrote:Can we postpone by a few hours ? I dont have enough time this morning to do my turn and I might have to work late. Thanks a lot.

EDIT:
    wait.... today is only thursday and we host friday... hahaha im really tired this morning :p

Well, there's only 3 hours left now, and Caelum and Agartha have not submitted turns. Is everything OK? Do we (can we?) need to delay for another day or something?
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:03 pm

TwoBits wrote:
    Skinu wrote:Can we postpone by a few hours ? I dont have enough time this morning to do my turn and I might have to work late. Thanks a lot.

EDIT:

Well, there's only 3 hours left now, and Caelum and Agartha have not submitted turns. Is everything OK? Do we (can we?) need to delay for another day or something?

Can we delay like 6 hours in the hope that they'll actually take their turns soon? I mean, he seemed to be under the delusion that 'friday' game time was actually friday real time where he was. (It might be, it will only barely be friday at local time for me though).
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:16 pm

T-minus 1.5 hours and counting.

To keep things moving, I was planning on moving to the 48 hour interval as of turn 11, though Caelum and Agartha may be under the impression it applies to the current turn as I did not specify. To keep them from staling, though, we will change the current interval if need be (and it looks like the need may be indeed be there).
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:16 am

Hosting interval changed to 48 hours. Skinu and Pelthin, you've got an additional 8 hours. Reminder/warning PM's have been sent. We really can't afford any stales.
    Skinu
    Skinu

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post  Skinu Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:30 am

Holpo wrote:Well my Capital is besieged. So income and recruitment are now down.

But the besiegers can't harm my walls until he adds in his other army. And even then some giants amongst the 80 odd defenders so it will be hard for him to breach the walls. I will get Construction 2 next turn so I should be able to build some gear including a Cauldron or two so I don't starve.

I see Caelum has an army next to me. Isurian (30) should be free of all but 1 of my PD if you are coming my way!

Marignon has not attacked and moved his army away. Can't see it now so not sure what is happening there.

I am going to attack Dural Woods (81) in the north if that is OK with Caelum?

Dural woods is all yours, ill be at your cap next turn.

At least you drew him off, ill be at his cap in two.

Sorry about the delay.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:03 am

Paging Agartha. Anyone home?
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:53 am

Ok, there is < 3 hours before Agartha stales. Can we get a sub in that limited time?
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:54 am

Somehow I doubt it.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:01 am

When was the last time Agartha posted on these forums anyway? Should we be looking for a substitute for future turns? (with 30 minutes remaining this one is certainly a stale).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content