Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+9
Hoplosternum
rdonj
Skinu
LumenPlacidum
Raiel
TwoBits
melnorjr
Squirrelloid
Septimius Severus
13 posters

The Forge

Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

The Forge Empty The Forge

Post  Septimius Severus Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:43 pm

I expect lots of people will be doing forging, not just Ulm, and Shinuyama. Everybody forging whatever they can. So if you need something forged, place your request here and whoever can forge it will respond and may ask for the necessary gems as well. Any trading of already forged items can take place on the marketplace thread.

Thanks.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

The Forge Empty Re: The Forge

Post  Squirrelloid Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:58 am

Might as well get this request in early.

By the end of year 2 I'd like at least one fire booster and ballpark 5-10 crystal shields.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  melnorjr Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:13 am

I think we need to get anti-shock items forged as soon as possible, especially with both Van an eriu on the vet side and eriu pushing magic so hard. I believe Caelum would be best for this probably, but if anybody else can forge them it might be good to do so or look into it.

Please, if you can feasibly forge anti-schock rings speak up. Unfortunately I don't have any air magic.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:32 am

melnorjr wrote:I think we need to get anti-shock items forged as soon as possible, especially with both Van an eriu on the vet side and eriu pushing magic so hard. I believe Caelum would be best for this probably, but if anybody else can forge them it might be good to do so or look into it.

Please, if you can feasibly forge anti-schock rings speak up. Unfortunately I don't have any air magic.

I can forge the cheap rings with Pythium's theurgs, but I probably wont have mages available for that until I get a second fortress up (hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later).
    Raiel

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Raiel Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:21 am

Speaking of the Ring of Tamed Lightning, I have a feeling that I will need one for my pretender ASAP... in my tests, the only independants that consistently sent my dragon packing were the illusionists. And I'll be suprised if neither of the air nations are on the north side.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:44 am

I'm at Construction-0 (well, I'm at Everything-0 still Wink ). Has anyone else hit higher Construction levels?

Hm, I'm still thinking it would be nice to have a separate thread where people can list all their current research levels (not just construction), something that can be edited, like the map-page, so you can look at the first post in the thread, and see the latest status.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237

Post  LumenPlacidum Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:47 am

I'm starting research on construction since I'll have evocation-3 next turn.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:32 pm

TwoBits wrote:I'm at Construction-0 (well, I'm at Everything-0 still Wink ). Has anyone else hit higher Construction levels?

Hm, I'm still thinking it would be nice to have a separate thread where people can list all their current research levels (not just construction), something that can be edited, like the map-page, so you can look at the first post in the thread, and see the latest status.
    I'm at C=0 as well but if people would like to post here when they attain a new construction level and/or what in demand/unique items you may be able to forge, I'll keep track by editing the main post regularly with updated construction levels. No biggie.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:18 pm

Septimius Severus wrote:
    TwoBits wrote:I'm at Construction-0 (well, I'm at Everything-0 still Wink ). Has anyone else hit higher Construction levels?

I'm at C=0 as well but if people would like to post here when they attain a new construction level and/or what in demand/unique items you may be able to forge, I'll keep track by editing the main post regularly with updated construction levels. No biggie.

A general research thread is actually a good idea... maybe i'll start one. I have a turn 6 Vet review to finish...
    Skinu
    Skinu

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post  Skinu Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:41 pm

After I get Evoc 5 ill start on const and begin to forge anti-lit rings and such.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Post  LumenPlacidum Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:18 pm

I am now construction 2. Soon I'll have enchantresses for magical item forging too.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:26 am

If anyone can forge a ring or amulet or water breathing, or that armor that does the same thing (can't remember the name) I'd appreciate it. Forgot I had to go up to E2 to get revive king.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:29 am

Shambler skin armor.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:40 am

rdonj wrote:Shambler skin armor.
    Yeah that's the thing! Too bad carrion summons can't move underwater like some other undead.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:08 am

If anyone could supply me with any of the following equipment for my Skrattis that would be great:

Const 0: Snake Ring (N1)

Const 2: Pendent of Luck (S1), Snake Bladder Stick (N1), Horror Helmet (D2), Boots of the Messenger (N1), Horned Helmet (N1)

Const 4: Any area effect stuff - Frost Brand (W1) etc. - I don't think anyone is at Construction 4 but I'll ask anyway Smile

Plus any Shields, Helmets or Weapons that are not too encumbering. So NOT the Black Plate stuff Smile
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:32 am

Hoplosternum wrote:If anyone could supply me with any of the following equipment for my Skrattis that would be great:

Const 0: Snake Ring (N1)

Const 2: Pendent of Luck (S1), Snake Bladder Stick (N1), Horror Helmet (D2), Boots of the Messenger (N1), Horned Helmet (N1)

Const 4: Any area effect stuff - Frost Brand (W1) etc. - I don't think anyone is at Construction 4 but I'll ask anyway Smile

Plus any Shields, Helmets or Weapons that are not too encumbering. So NOT the Black Plate stuff Smile

OK, I think this is definitely an emergency situation, and anyone who can help needs to make pitching in a priority!!! Sorry Hoplo that my research is still too low to be of much help in forging - are there any Const 0 A W or S items that might be useful to you? I'll have N1 mages starting next turn, and could forge Snake Rings, but I'd need someone to send me the gems to do it first.

Um, while Hoplo is obviously has the greatest need, now that I have N1 mages, I could use a Thistle Mace, whenever that becomes possible, and a couple of extra N gems to cast Hauruspex. If I get a lucky E1 random, I could use Earth Boots and some E gems too. Again, not a priority.

Let's take care of Hoplo first!
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Post  LumenPlacidum Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Assuming I can get back to my computer and resubmit a turn before the next one, I'll send you some of that. I have something like 40 nature gems sitting around gathering dust. I'm getting about 8 a turn. The cost to me is more in mage time, but that should just be getting cheaper.

Also, can someone send me earth gems so I can forge some more hammers? I have one on my eternal fever fetish forger, but it would be good to get more.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:11 pm

LumenPlacidum wrote:Assuming I can get back to my computer and resubmit a turn before the next one, I'll send you some of that. I have something like 40 nature gems sitting around gathering dust. I'm getting about 8 a turn. The cost to me is more in mage time, but that should just be getting cheaper.

Also, can someone send me earth gems so I can forge some more hammers? I have one on my eternal fever fetish forger, but it would be good to get more.

Ulm, can you set him up? Or are you close to Const-2, and can start banging out Hammers for everyone?
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Post  LumenPlacidum Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:24 pm

I'm forging a snake bladder stick and a horned helmet to send to you. I can send the 5 nature gems to replace someone else's in forging the snake ring. Boots of the messenger are const-4 or require more nature than I have or something. I can forge Birch Boots, though. I really shouldn't take 3 mages off of research, though.

If you're using mage support for your battles, Hoplo, do you need any gems in order to make your magic scarier?
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Post  Hoplosternum Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:23 pm

Birch Boots are good too Smile But don't kill your reserach over it. I should be able to make my own Snake Ring. But I won't be at Construction 2 for three turns (Cons 1 turn 10, nearly there turn 11. Complete turn 12.

I don't really have any battle magics. Just buffs really. So no need for any gems for battle.
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  Joelz Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:49 am

LumenPlacidum wrote:Assuming I can get back to my computer and resubmit a turn before the next one, I'll send you some of that. I have something like 40 nature gems sitting around gathering dust. I'm getting about 8 a turn. The cost to me is more in mage time, but that should just be getting cheaper.

How many earth gems do you need?
    Also, I have couple of fire gems just sitting around. Would anybody need a few?
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Post  LumenPlacidum Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:06 am

Sending Snake Bladder Stick and Horned Helmet to arrive on turn 11 to you, Hoplo.

10 earth gems would let me forge another hammer.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Post  Hoplosternum Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:52 pm

Thanks!

I wish I had some earth gems to send you. I do have some spare astral, death & nature. But I will be forging with most of them as i will actually reach Cons 2 next turn (a turn earlier than I thought).
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:39 pm

I could use some Eyes of Aiming (or whatever they're called) - or any other gear that increases precision, really.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:28 pm

Can anyone forge some fire bolas? Don't have any fire gems to contribute but would give nature gems or gold if needed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content