Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+9
Hoplosternum
rdonj
Skinu
LumenPlacidum
Raiel
TwoBits
melnorjr
Squirrelloid
Septimius Severus
13 posters

The Forge

melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

The Forge - Page 12 Empty Re: The Forge

Post  melnorjr Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:29 pm

Raiel wrote:And a ring of sorcery... I realize it's alot to ask for, so I won't bitch if I don't get it, but the more I get...

Besides, Shinuyama may not leave anyone alive.

And it's good to see you paying attention... I wouldn't want to pass a whore helmet off to someone unawares.

I can forge that next turn - will reach the construction level then, but I'm getting pretty low on pearls at the moment.
    Raiel

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Raiel Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:31 pm

melnorjr wrote:
    Raiel wrote:And a ring of sorcery... I realize it's alot to ask for, so I won't bitch if I don't get it, but the more I get...

Besides, Shinuyama may not leave anyone alive.

And it's good to see you paying attention... I wouldn't want to pass a whore helmet off to someone unawares.

I can forge that next turn - will reach the construction level then, but I'm getting pretty low on pearls at the moment.

Yeah... I figured I'd lay claim to one that Ulm can make for 10 pearls, if it seems to make sense to the team.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:39 pm

Raiel wrote:On a different note: I have decided that I want some magic variety. I will now research Charm and claim all of Ashdod's units as my own. (I'm not kidding... I can have a sixteen strong communion ready in two turns - the same turn I research it.) To this end, please provide at least one of as many penatration items as possible.

If you (or anyone else for that matter) have Charm researched, and would like some access to Air magic, and/or high level Astral magic, or an H3 priest, keep a province free of PD (or have very minimal PD), and I can teleport an Arch Theurg (up to A3 and S4) there to an awaiting Charm squad! Free Arch Theurgs, come and get 'em Exclamation

A great way for Pangaea to expand its magical repertoire too.

Shinu, you also might want to look into this - get yourself an Arch Theurg, and Bogus and Associates! (I realized that even if Pythium Charmed them, I'd have a hard time getting them to the front, without a Teleportation Artifact - but if you're given a path south, you could deploy them normally)
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Post  Squirrelloid Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:13 am

You may not have noticed, but nature is *not* my strong suit. Admittedly, i do have a bunch of Uba with N2, and they are expendable, and i can make one nature booster... And some real astral would do wonders for me...

Speaking of items forged - I have 2 more rune smashers i can pass on. Who wants one?

Edit: Actually, i'm definitely interested in an arch theurge, possibly more than one. Air would be rather useful to me... unfortunately, charm is what? Thaum 7 or so? That could take awhile...

What other paths do they have? Even a modicum of fire would make them incredibly useful to me...

(I'm considering power projection into the south, and one of my conclusions has been that all those stealthy troops + commanders i have could be really awesome - but i have no way of assisting them with a fire arrows capable mage...)

Last edited by Squirrelloid on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am

Squirrelloid wrote:You may not have noticed, but nature is *not* my strong suit. Admittedly, i do have a bunch of Uba with N2, and they are expendable, and i can make one nature booster... And some real astral would do wonders for me...

Speaking of items forged - I have 2 more rune smashers i can pass on. Who wants one?

Ooh! Ooh! Me! Me!
    The Forge - Page 12 2500425940_e4f755b550

and I used a picture of a cat! you can't refuse the cat!

But yes, I would like a second rune smasher. it isn't top priority though, if other need it more, they can have it, but I'm using it to mind hunt the thugs out of my land.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:15 am

Arch Theurgs are A2W1S3H3 with 110% FAWS, but I've only ever gotten two with the Fire random. We'll see where I'm at when you reach Thau-7. So keep a province next to your capital PD free. N2 Ubas only need a Thistle Mace (my Shamans would've needed the Mace and a Moonvine Bracelet). I can get you Eyes of the Void and Spell Foci, and of course you can make your own Rune Smashers - that should get you plenty of Bogus' crew, and any Arch Theurgs you need.

I have one Rune Smasher already, and wouldn't mind another one, but it looks like enemy raiders are leaving Pythium alone for the time being, so if Arco needs them now, maybe Melnorjr should get them.

Oh, BTW Raiel, if you've got one of your Helmets of Prostitution Wink you got off Ashdod available, my next Harbinger could put it to good use Exclamation

And I'll mention it too here, I can now forge the Air boosters, so if you want a Bag of Wind, or the Air Helmet, let me know (and send me gems What a Face ).
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134

Post  Joelz Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:10 am

This turn I'll be forging:
    Charcoal Shield (requested by TwoBits)
    Girdle of Might (requested by TwoBits)
    Dwarven Hammer
    2 Bows of War (I'm having a hard time recruiting archers en masse)

Here's the list of items currently in my vault:
    2 Dwarven Hammers
    3 Starshine Skullcaps
    1 Bow of War
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Post  Squirrelloid Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:46 am

I'd take one of those hammers. More hammers = more forging goodness.

Rune smasher sent to Arco.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:49 am

It is top priority to get a skullface and a ring of sorcery/wizardry to Machaka for the summoning of a well of misery. Please also send him what death gems you can, as he needs 40. If you need them for your own use, he can send death gems back the turn after he casts the well. Please go to the globals thread and post with what you can contribute
    Joelz
    Joelz

Post  Joelz Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:26 pm

I could forge a ring for Machaca if someone sends the gems (Ring of Sorcery= 10 pearls, Ring of Wizardry= 15 pearls).
    Sending 1 hammer to Shinuyama
    Sending 2 skullcaps to Pythium
    If someone wants the other hammer or the remaining skullcap, speak up. I have no use for them, so if nobody requests neither, I'll send the hammer to Shinuyama and skullcap to Pythium.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:39 pm

Joelz wrote:I could forge a ring for Machaca if someone sends the gems (Ring of Sorcery= 10 pearls, Ring of Wizardry= 15 pearls).
    Sending 1 hammer to Shinuyama
    Sending 2 skullcaps to Pythium
    If someone wants the other hammer or the remaining skullcap, speak up. I have no use for them, so if nobody requests neither, I'll send the hammer to Shinuyama and skullcap to Pythium.
    I'll take a skullcap.

Actually wouldn't mind a hammer either.
    Joelz
    Joelz

Post  Joelz Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:41 am

Okay, theyre headed your way.
    By the way, my skullcap factory will be halted for a while, since despite searching over 1/3 of my provinces, I haven't been able to find even a single astral site Sad
    Joelz
    Joelz

Post  Joelz Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:56 pm

It seems to me that I'll have to alchemize some of my pearls this turn in order to forge the Ring of Sorcery. Or do you still need it?
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Jotunheim is looking for a shield of any description (a Charcoal one would be best but just about any would do). A Fire, shadow or frost brand would be great too, but the shield is what I really need.

Bandar is looking for the same, but the need is less urgent.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:57 pm

The ring is still needed for us to cast well of misery
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Hoplosternum wrote:Jotunheim is looking for a shield of any description (a Charcoal one would be best but just about any would do). A Fire, shadow or frost brand would be great too, but the shield is what I really need.

I've got a spare Frost Brand. Plus an Amulet of Anti-Magic if you'd like that too.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Post  Hoplosternum Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:08 am

TwoBits wrote:
    Hoplosternum wrote:Jotunheim is looking for a shield of any description (a Charcoal one would be best but just about any would do). A Fire, shadow or frost brand would be great too, but the shield is what I really need.

I've got a spare Frost Brand. Plus an Amulet of Anti-Magic if you'd like that too.

Jotun would appreciate both Smile
    Raiel

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Raiel Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:08 am

Sending a Fire Brand and a Charcoal Shield... may your thugs fare better than mine did.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:41 am

Hoplosternum wrote:Jotun would appreciate both Smile

Brand and Amulet are on the way Smile
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Post  Hoplosternum Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:33 pm

Does anyone have a mage that can make Rainbow Armour (Cons4, A1N1)? It is a very very useful armour for Thugs/SCs and is not bad for battle mages either. It gives OK Protection as well as a boost to both MR and Reinvigoration.

I could do with about six sets just for my Thugs and Pretender Very Happy But I think most of our nations will find lots of uses for them.

So if anyone has an A/N Enchantress (or two) spamming this armour with the help of a hammer is one of the best uses of their time and gems.
    Joelz
    Joelz

Post  Joelz Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:56 am

Just reached Construction 8. My pretender is capable of forging The Ankh for mere 10 death gems. He's also capable of forging other thing like The Horror Harmonica, Boots of the Planes and Sun Slayer.
    Btw, what does The Ankh do?
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:09 pm

Joelz wrote:Btw, what does The Ankh do?

Auto-casts Life After Death, I believe. Can be a useful item - too bad we don't have any races that can reanimate though (right? can undead mages for C'tis do it?), as they can use it (kind of an exploit though?) to turn indie priests and such into undead re-animators. Still an interesting object though. I'd definitely coordinate with Raiel, as he seems to have been cornering the market on Death artifacts with C'tis - if you can do it way cheaper though, I'm sure he'd be happy to supply you with D gems.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:19 pm

I need Starshine Skullcaps Exclamation Any S booster will do, but of course, they are the cheapest. I need as many as possible to get my Theurgs down to the Southern Front as fast as I can. Unfortunately, what with all the Gateways and Teleports I'm doing, I have zero S gems to spare.

Ulm, can you still forge them for cheap?

I can forge them myself though, but I only have 3 Hammers for all my forging needs (Oh, by the way, I need more Hammers tongue ). But more importantly, I don't have the available S gems.

Who's got S gems? We wants them. We needs them! Gives them to us Exclamation Gollum, gollum, erk, cough, spit...
    Joelz
    Joelz

Post  Joelz Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:06 am

TwoBits wrote:I need Starshine Skullcaps Exclamation Any S booster will do, but of course, they are the cheapest. I need as many as possible to get my Theurgs down to the Southern Front as fast as I can. Unfortunately, what with all the Gateways and Teleports I'm doing, I have zero S gems to spare.

Ulm, can you still forge them for cheap?

I can forge them myself though, but I only have 3 Hammers for all my forging needs (Oh, by the way, I need more Hammers tongue ). But more importantly, I don't have the available S gems.

Who's got S gems? We wants them. We needs them! Gives them to us Exclamation Gollum, gollum, erk, cough, spit...
    I would need the pearls needed for forging them sent to me, since I've got now S income myself.
    Joelz
    Joelz

Post  Joelz Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:43 am

Oh yeah, another thing I thought to mention. My pretender could forge the "sickle whos crop is pain". Does anyone have a use for this? I heard somewhere that it's a nice gem collector.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content