Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+9
Hoplosternum
rdonj
Skinu
LumenPlacidum
Raiel
TwoBits
melnorjr
Squirrelloid
Septimius Severus
13 posters

The Forge

melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

The Forge - Page 11 Empty Re: The Forge

Post  melnorjr Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

iainuki wrote:I have two rune smashers, forged this turn, ready to go out. Who needs them, and for what?

I need rune smashers for use on my mind hunters. Between rune smashers, void eyes, and spell foci, I should be able to mind hunt eriu/vanheim thugs, and have a pretty much guaranteed kill on any regular commander.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

Post  TwoBits Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:22 am

First off, I want to thank everyone who send me gems last turn (and Shinu for the extra Hammer, and Arco for the Earth Boots too! Was someone else going to forge them for me? Iainuki? If so, no longer necessary)!

OK, Pythium will be trying to pump out Harbingers each turn. Bandar will add in Kinnaras too, S gems permitting. Any nation with Death (Shinu, C'tis, Machaka, etc.) can crank out Bane Lords and other Death thugs.

What I'm saying is, we really, really need to ramp up our forging in a major way, to try to gear up all these thugs. Now obviously gem supply is a constraining factor, so anyone who has gems going unused needs to get them to someone who can put them to immediate use.

I will happily forge any W1, N1, A1-3, and S1-4 items, if I have the gems (again, more Hammers would be nice, but I'm sure everyone could use them). Unfortunately, my F, N, and D income is still tiny, and I'm using all those gems for site searching (but at least I now have the mages to cast the proper spells, and I've already doubled my D gem income from 3 to 6 last turn - yea Onix Sorceresses!).
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Raiel wrote:Just a heads-up, Hoplo: Kinnara are the only Bandar Astral summon that have only 2 arms. Their awe and Air magic still make them great thugs/raiders. But Astral magic makes them duelable and chancy to equip expensively except when you have a huge gem advantage, like we noobs do.

Bah! I thought they were all 4 armed apart from the 2 that are recruitable in EA Sad

Hmm. Well I might wait until the next one then at Conjuration 7, although I am keen to get down south as soon as possible.

I am less worried about Magic Duel. I think it was a tactic we are likely to use more than them. Not only do we have far higher mage production than them (I hope!) but we also have very good and naturally mobile astral mages (Arch Theugs and the very reasonably priced Astrologers, not forgetting Bandars Rishi). Marignon Grand masters are capital only and 270 each and base only astral 2 (so not mobile without a booster unless it's a luck astral 3 one). The Marignon Witch Finders are not very mobile with only Astral one, although not capital only. Vanheim has the 220 gold Adepts. But again most won't be mobile without a booster. I can always teleport in a Rishi (base Astral 3)or two to soak up the Duals and provide support. I am just not sure Magic Dual is how they will best spend their astral mages. If we fielded a Sereph or something really valuable, then yes, but on a Kinnera or even the 4 armed guys?
    Raiel

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Raiel Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:13 pm

Hoplosternum wrote:
    Raiel wrote:Just a heads-up, Hoplo: Kinnara are the only Bandar Astral summon that have only 2 arms. Their awe and Air magic still make them great thugs/raiders. But Astral magic makes them duelable and chancy to equip expensively except when you have a huge gem advantage, like we noobs do.

Bah! I thought they were all 4 armed apart from the 2 that are recruitable in EA Sad

Hmm. Well I might wait until the next one then at Conjuration 7, although I am keen to get down south as soon as possible.

I am less worried about Magic Duel. I think it was a tactic we are likely to use more than them. Not only do we have far higher mage production than them (I hope!) but we also have very good and naturally mobile astral mages (Arch Theugs and the very reasonably priced Astrologers, not forgetting Bandars Rishi). Marignon Grand masters are capital only and 270 each and base only astral 2 (so not mobile without a booster unless it's a luck astral 3 one). The Marignon Witch Finders are not very mobile with only Astral one, although not capital only. Vanheim has the 220 gold Adepts. But again most won't be mobile without a booster. I can always teleport in a Rishi (base Astral 3)or two to soak up the Duals and provide support. I am just not sure Magic Dual is how they will best spend their astral mages. If we fielded a Sereph or something really valuable, then yes, but on a Kinnera or even the 4 armed guys?

That may be... in thier position, if I could trade 6 Astral Pearls and 0, 1, or 2 Cap-Only mages to kill a 25-Pearl summon that was decked out in equipment worth 60+ gems, I'd consider that a great trade. Using 1 or 2 Magic Duel decoys is probably the best bet if you're deploying them with more than the minimum equipment, and your Rishi are perfect for that - so, good thinking!

And Rishi do have boot slots, so you can make them fly around with your raiders, too.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Post  Hoplosternum Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Raiel wrote:
    That may be... in thier position, if I could trade 6 Astral Pearls and 0, 1, or 2 Cap-Only mages to kill a 25-Pearl summon that was decked out in equipment worth 60+ gems, I'd consider that a great trade. Using 1 or 2 Magic Duel decoys is probably the best bet if you're deploying them with more than the minimum equipment, and your Rishi are perfect for that - so, good thinking!

And Rishi do have boot slots, so you can make them fly around with your raiders, too.

I wasn't going to put anywhere near that value of equipment on him. But I take your point it's very easy to make him (or any Thug) far too tempting a target by the amount of equipment you pile on him.

And once they decide he has to go they should be able to kill him whether its with Mind Duel or something else Sad

But hopefully there will be more than just a Bandar Kinnera and a Pythium Harbinger down their soon. And to make it as expensive as possible for him.

I wish we had set up that Clam factory now Very Happy In fact do we have a single mage who can make clams, or do we even have a single clam?
    iainuki

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2009-07-23

Post  iainuki Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:25 pm

Shinu has mages that can make clams with boosters, but I have neither the boosters nor the gem income to make that work at the moment.
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Bandar has a nature summon (Yakishi, IIRC) that can forge clams out of the box.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  LumenPlacidum Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Is there anyone (Bandar) who can forge me a Moonvine bracelet please? I can use it to summon a treelord.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Post  Hoplosternum Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:58 pm

LumenPlacidum wrote:Is there anyone (Bandar) who can forge me a Moonvine bracelet please? I can use it to summon a treelord.

Sorry I only have Construction 4 so I can't make them....
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134

Post  Joelz Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:42 am

Forging 2 astral skullcaps and a dwarven hammer this turn.
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:15 am

LumenPlacidum wrote:Is there anyone (Bandar) who can forge me a Moonvine bracelet please? I can use it to summon a treelord.

Just updated my turn to send the Moonvine Bracelet I have... I may need it back in the future, though.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:21 am

What do you want a Treelord for? Don't they just sit around doing nothing? :p
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:43 pm

Did that runesmasher get sent?
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Post  Hoplosternum Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:24 am

TwoBits wrote:

What do you want a Treelord for? Don't they just sit around doing nothing? :p

Transformation Smile Who doesn't want a low MR but high nature magic Moose Very Happy

I remember one game where one of the players complained on the game thread that someone was hogging all the Treelords by not immeadiately transforming them so they became available for others Wink
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642

Post  Septimius Severus Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:08 am

More Skull Mentors please!
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134

Post  Joelz Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:51 am

Forging 2 Dwarven hammers and a Starshine Skullcap this turn.
    Here's the list of items currently in my vault:
    1 Dwarven Hammer
    2 Starshine Skullcaps
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:29 pm

Joelz wrote:Forging 2 Dwarven hammers and a Starshine Skullcap this turn.
    Here's the list of items currently in my vault:
    1 Dwarven Hammer
    2 Starshine Skullcaps

The Skullcaps are nice, but from my end, not essential at the moment - who else needs them in numbers? Big ticket items like Rings of Sorcery/Wizardry might be best to use those S gems on (you've got the Forge Lord, right?).
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Post  Squirrelloid Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:51 pm

Shinuyama could use another 1-2 hammers, fwiw. I have a lot of things i want to forge, and i know there are items other people want from me. And I think I'm near done with VoTing the ocean, so my water gems will start being available for forge duty (which means more forgers needed!)

Edit: Runesmashers and horror helm definitively sent.

Last edited by Squirrelloid on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Post  Hoplosternum Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:11 pm

Jotunheim has forged a Skull Staff which will be being sent to Bandar so there is no need to build one for her now. I can't remember who was going to build me one now but it's not needed.

If you have built one they are pretty useful in any case for tart and other death summons so I doubt it will be wasted Smile Unfortunately being two handed you can't hold one and use a hammer for forging. Unless you have more than two hands of course Smile
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Post  Squirrelloid Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:34 pm

I could use a moonvine and a treelord's staff in 2 turns, if such things are available. Will only need for one turn.
    LumenPlacidum
    LumenPlacidum

Number of posts : 237

Post  LumenPlacidum Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:02 am

Anyone have a spare dwarven hammer or two they don't mind passing this way?
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:28 pm

I could use starshine skullcaps, both for mind hunting and in preparation for golem thugs.

Also, could I possibly get a horror helmet, boots of quickness, and an amulet of resilience(or the nature gems to forge one) for my thug?
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:48 pm

If my mages can make it back to the lab safely, I picked up two whore helmets. I can forge the boots of quickness this turn, if no one else has them available immediately. I don't have the nature gems to forge the ammy, sorry!

On a different note: I have decided that I want some magic variety. I will now research Charm and claim all of Ashdod's units as my own. (I'm not kidding... I can have a sixteen strong communion ready in two turns - the same turn I research it.) To this end, please provide at least one of as many penatration items as possible.

With the 12 priests I have coming his way, I strongly believe that I can force him to come out and play, if Shinuyama or Pythium lets me take over the siege in a few turns.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:18 pm

Raiel wrote:If my mages can make it back to the lab safely, I picked up two whore helmets. I can forge the boots of quickness this turn, if no one else has them available immediately. I don't have the nature gems to forge the ammy, sorry!

On a different note: I have decided that I want some magic variety. I will now research Charm and claim all of Ashdod's units as my own. (I'm not kidding... I can have a sixteen strong communion ready in two turns - the same turn I research it.) To this end, please provide at least one of as many penatration items as possible.

With the 12 priests I have coming his way, I strongly believe that I can force him to come out and play, if Shinuyama or Pythium lets me take over the siege in a few turns.

I'd be careful with those whore helmets. you might get a disease from the whores.

I can produce a void eye and a spell focus for you, but the void eye loses your mage an eye if you're worried about that, then you just need a rune smasher(making three players wanting them.)
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:26 pm

And a ring of sorcery... I realize it's alot to ask for, so I won't bitch if I don't get it, but the more I get...

Besides, Shinuyama may not leave anyone alive.

And it's good to see you paying attention... I wouldn't want to pass a whore helmet off to someone unawares.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content