Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+9
Hoplosternum
rdonj
Skinu
LumenPlacidum
Raiel
TwoBits
melnorjr
Squirrelloid
Septimius Severus
13 posters

The Forge

TwoBits
    TwoBits

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2009-06-12

The Forge - Page 10 Empty Re: The Forge

Post  TwoBits Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:17 am

A Banner of the North Star would be most excellent - how many S gems would you need for that?

Last edited by TwoBits on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  Joelz Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:49 am

I would need 6 astral pearls for the banner. If you send me them I can make it next turn.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:13 am

Joelz wrote:I would need 6 astral pearls for the banner. If you send me them I can make it next turn.

Damn, that is crazy cheap! 6 pearls are on their way (do you need any more for site searching or anything else?).

Last edited by TwoBits on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because 6 "pears" are not on their way :p)
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134

Post  Joelz Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:34 am

Nah, iainuki is sending me a pile of pearls which he doesn't need. That should keep me covered for a while. By the way, how urgent is your need for that banner? I could forge it instead of 2 Starshine Skullcaps.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:40 am

Joelz wrote:Nah, iainuki is sending me a pile of pearls which he doesn't need. That should keep me covered for a while. By the way, how urgent is your need for that banner? I could forge it instead of 2 Starshine Skullcaps.

Semi-urgent Wink It would be more useful to me than a Skullcap right now, and would come in handy if I go in against Ashdod again (like I said, that last defeat was more embarrassing than truly damaging - I've still got ~300 units and all my mages still right next door), but if someone else needs a Cap ASAP, give them priority.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306

Post  melnorjr Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:51 am

With Ulm sending me the fire brand and charcoal shield, can anybody supply any of the following for my nice hero?

Chain mail of displacement(A2, con4)
    Boots of quickness(W2, con 6)
    Frost resist ring(W1, con 0) (or send me 5 water gems)
    Amulet of resilience(2N, 4 con)
    Horror helmet
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:16 pm

melnorjr wrote:With Ulm sending me the fire brand and charcoal shield, can anybody supply any of the following for my nice hero?

Chain mail of displacement(A2, con4)
    Boots of quickness(W2, con 6)
    Frost resist ring(W1, con 0) (or send me 5 water gems)
    Amulet of resilience(2N, 4 con)
    Horror helmet

Depending on how the Ashdod situation turns out (if I go at their capital again, I may not have the mage-time available, as I need to get in a minimum of 180 points of research to get Conj-6 next turn), I can probably forge you the Chain Mail. At this point, considering Caelum's dire situation, I may have to become the fallback Air forger (are there any A2 Enchantresses out there?), even though my only A2-A4 guys are Arch Theurgs.

My big problem is low Air gem income though (even after a significant amount of searching). I may need help there.
    iainuki

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2009-07-23

Post  iainuki Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:20 pm

I'd like people to give me some idea where my priorities should be in forging. I have, basically, five mages with hammers more-or-less dedicated to forging items. For myself, I'm mostly forging boosters, but some of that can be put off. I want to get a skull staff to Hoplosternum and some earth boots to TwoBits soon, but their needs aren't vital. I've heard requests for various thug gear and rune smashers--since Shinu is best-suited to making the latter, I'm probably going to make at least some of those since rune smasher + eye of the void + spell focus for +5 penetration is probably one of the better ways we have of dealing with these annoying thugs. I can also forge skull mentors. At the moment, I'm going to put together two rune smashers, the skull staff, the earth boots, and some booster for myself. If you want thug gear, try to organize requests? I can definitely fill some of them but there are at least three or four players asking, and I can't keep track of what's being made, what's been made, etc. I have Construction 4 and can forge most anything in FWED, though I will need gem supplies for much more earth or water gear.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Septimius Severus Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:38 pm

iainuki wrote:I'd like people to give me some idea where my priorities should be in forging. I have, basically, five mages with hammers more-or-less dedicated to forging items. For myself, I'm mostly forging boosters, but some of that can be put off. I want to get a skull staff to Hoplosternum and some earth boots to TwoBits soon, but their needs aren't vital. I've heard requests for various thug gear and rune smashers--since Shinu is best-suited to making the latter, I'm probably going to make at least some of those since rune smasher + eye of the void + spell focus for +5 penetration is probably one of the better ways we have of dealing with these annoying thugs. I can also forge skull mentors. At the moment, I'm going to put together two rune smashers, the skull staff, the earth boots, and some booster for myself. If you want thug gear, try to organize requests? I can definitely fill some of them but there are at least three or four players asking, and I can't keep track of what's being made, what's been made, etc. I have Construction 4 and can forge most anything in FWED, though I will need gem supplies for much more earth or water gear.
    What has been made and is currently not being used should be posted in the marketplace thread along with the rest of your inventory. Too bad people don't use it.

I can do with a firebrand if someone can forge it or has a spare one or a skullface, whatever that is.
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:55 am

I have a request: i need of a blood empowerment because between 2 or 3 turns i can cast Bind Archdevil. I can send blood slaves for forging.
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  Hoplosternum Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:19 am

Hi Viccio,

I am hoping to empower a Blood 3 mage next turn. Then hopefully forge blood boosters after that with Jotun.

But I may not have the slaves to forge one straight away.

And Marignon & Vanheim may try and crush me before I can get there.

If someone has a Ring Of Sorcery (or Wizardry) they can lend Jotunheim for one turn that saves me 60 slaves for an empowerment....
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:44 am

Hoplosternum wrote:Hi Viccio,

I am hoping to empower a Blood 3 mage next turn. Then hopefully forge blood boosters after that with Jotun.

If someone has a Ring Of Sorcery (or Wizardry) they can lend Jotunheim for one turn that saves me 60 slaves for an empowerment....

Remember, Pangaea has a B4 national hero that I think they decided not to use as a thug - get him the slaves, and he should be able to forge Blood boosters without empowerment.
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:46 am

I find myself doing a lot more forging quite suddenly. Hammers and more hammers for Pythium would be very nice Smile

And of course my Angels and Theurgs need gear (see the Harbinger thread for that).
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post  Septimius Severus Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:18 pm

TwoBits wrote:
    Hoplosternum wrote:Hi Viccio,

Remember, Pangaea has a B4 national hero that I think they decided not to use as a thug - get him the slaves, and he should be able to forge Blood boosters without empowerment.
    Unless blood boosters are available at level 2 construction, I might have some research to do before they are available.
    viccio

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  viccio Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:01 am

yes, but i don't have a level 5 blood mage (only level 4) however, after blood 6 i research construction 4
    Raiel

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post  Raiel Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:01 am

I need a crystal coin ASAP to forge Astral Artifacts. I think I mentioned this last turn, but travelling drove it out of my mind. Sorry!
    TwoBits
    TwoBits

Post  TwoBits Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:33 am

Raiel wrote:I need a crystal coin ASAP to forge Astral Artifacts. I think I mentioned this last turn, but travelling drove it out of my mind. Sorry!

I already have one from Ulm, but I'm not really using it at the moment. I'll edit my turn and send it to you.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:59 am

Raiel, Are your forging artifacts without a hammer?
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:03 am

Only when the boosters I need to forge them prevent the use of a hammer - death rod, for example. I just have a mediocre gem income.

Speaking of which, if I get 13 Astral Pearls and that Crystal Coin, I should be able to forge Aurgelmer next turn.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:15 am

Raiel wrote:Only when the boosters I need to forge them prevent the use of a hammer - death rod, for example. I just have a mediocre gem income.

Speaking of which, if I get 13 Astral Pearls and that Crystal Coin, I should be able to forge Aurgelmer next turn.

Alright. Wanted to make sure we weren't gimping ourselves.

Apologies on the requests, but I'm very low on pearls right now, so I don't think I can help this turn.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Post  melnorjr Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:45 pm

Can I get an eta on rune smashers?
    iainuki

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2009-07-23

Post  iainuki Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:20 pm

I have two rune smashers, forged this turn, ready to go out. Who needs them, and for what?
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Post  Hoplosternum Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:28 am

Bandar will be able to revcruit Kinnaras from next turn (4 armed flying Thugs with astral/air magic). So if anyone has spare weapons or shields (or can forge any) that would be appreciated.

Bandar should be able to handle any nature items needed.

I doubt there are any spare Astral Pearls going but if there are Bandar would like them. Currently I have enough to summon one Kinnara but a second would be nice at some stage and my astral searches have yielded nothing so far Sad
    Hoplosternum
    Hoplosternum

Post  Hoplosternum Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:31 am

viccio wrote:yes, but i don't have a level 5 blood mage (only level 4) however, after blood 6 i research construction 4

Jotunheim will be able to forge blood boosters from next turn (I am empowering this turn). But has no slaves to do so. So if you still need one please send me some slaves Smile
    Raiel

Post  Raiel Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:59 am

Just a heads-up, Hoplo: Kinnara are the only Bandar Astral summon that have only 2 arms. Their awe and Air magic still make them great thugs/raiders. But Astral magic makes them duelable and chancy to equip expensively except when you have a huge gem advantage, like we noobs do.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content