Team Noob HQ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Noob HQ

This forum is the center of communication for Team Noob, for the Noobs vs. Vets Dominions MP game.

+8
rdonj
viccio
Pelthin
Raiel
LumenPlacidum
TwoBits
melnorjr
Squirrelloid
12 posters

Turn 13

Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Number of posts : 642
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Turn 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Turn 13

Post  Septimius Severus Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:36 pm

Rdonj, Hoplo, Melnorj, you guys are right. The shield added 1 awe to my Gorgon, now at Awe 3. The golden Claw doesn't seem to do much damage, perhaps I should equip a decent single handed weapon or even another shield instead. But the latter I am assuming would be redundant.

Twobits: I am generally keeping my Gorgon on the move to prevent any issues. I don't think it was the actual assassination order available to some units as much as probably the Sidge lord was already in the province sneaking when I moved into it (do sneaking/hiding units participate in battle when a province is attacked?) or was in a neighboring province and was alerted to my presence somehow or by TC and then moved into it. Could also have just been a coincidental meeting. Whatever it was, the attack came before my pretender could move out that turn.

Ctis: I may be within striking distance of that province with the flying Ashdod SC, wonder what would happen if the two met.

Squirrel: From my knowledge PD less than 10 on Ashdod is not that difficult. Not sure of the unit breakdown though. It would depend on what your attacking with too I guess. Was wondering myself whether it would be worth risking taking an Ashdod PD only province with my Gorgon. At 10 PD, a test with 20 or so of my regular troops failed.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-06-26

Post  Squirrelloid Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:42 pm

Septimius Severus wrote:Twobits: I am generally keeping my Gorgon on the move to prevent any issues. I don't think it was the actual assassination order available to some units as much as probably the Sidge lord was already in the province sneaking when I moved into it (do sneaking/hiding units participate in battle when a province is attacked?) or was in a neighboring province and was alerted to my presence somehow or by TC and then moved into it. Could also have just been a coincidental meeting. Whatever it was, the attack came before my pretender could move out that turn.

Sidhe Lords have glamour, so you'd never have seen it if it was there. Hiding/sneaking units don't participate in battles, even when their province is attacked.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:44 pm

From Ulm's current map, looks like Ulm is pretty much filling in the area around and/or defending Bandar. That is reassuring.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Squirrelloid wrote:Sidhe Lords have glamour, so you'd never have seen it if it was there. Hiding/sneaking units don't participate in battles, even when their province is attacked.
    So, can these Sidhe Lords cause unrest? If so how much? I noticed a few of my provinces have a tiny bit of unrest, maybe 5 or so, could be TC or other sneaking enemies are hiding there. If it is not caused by random events or other factors such as my turmoil scale.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  rdonj Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Septimius Severus wrote:Rdonj, Hoplo, Melnorj, you guys are right. The shield added 1 awe to my Gorgon, now at Awe 3. The golden Claw doesn't seem to do much damage, perhaps I should equip a decent single handed weapon or even another shield instead. But the latter I am assuming would be redundant.

As far as I know the exact mechanics for how using two shields at once works are unknown. The parry rating from both shields seems to stack. So theoretically if you had a shield of gleaming gold and a weightless kite shield you would have parry 9+8=17, making it so that almost any attack would fail to beat the parry roll. Any attack that doesn't beat the shield parry has to do enough damage to beat shield prot + body or head prot to do damage. However, I don't think anyone knows for sure whether either the parry or the prot from two shields stacks. If they both did, that could be quite useful.

Twobits: I am generally keeping my Gorgon on the move to prevent any issues. I don't think it was the actual assassination order available to some units as much as probably the Sidge lord was already in the province sneaking when I moved into it (do sneaking/hiding units participate in battle when a province is attacked?) or was in a neighboring province and was alerted to my presence somehow or by TC and then moved into it. Could also have just been a coincidental meeting. Whatever it was, the attack came before my pretender could move out that turn.

Sneaking units do not participate in battle when a province is attacked unless they are patrolling or attacking the province themself. If your gorgon moved there that turn, it's possible that he was trying to attack there or something. Otherwise, I don't know, maybe he saw her there and wanted to see if he could get lucky and take her out.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:54 pm

Septimius Severus wrote:
    Squirrelloid wrote:Sidhe Lords have glamour, so you'd never have seen it if it was there. Hiding/sneaking units don't participate in battles, even when their province is attacked.
    So, can these Sidhe Lords cause unrest? If so how much? I noticed a few of my provinces have a tiny bit of unrest, maybe 5 or so, could be TC or other sneaking enemies are hiding there. If it is not caused by random events or other factors such as my turmoil scale.

The unrest could have been caused by random events, having recently been attacked, your unrest-causing units walking through the province.... I'm pretty sure eriu can't do anything to cause unrest just by being there. T'ien Ch'i though does have recruitable spies.
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:51 pm

Guys, could we get turns submitted a little bit faster? Yes, I know we're still waiting for 2 vets, but I bet we'll have their turns in a couple hours. And it really shouldn't take us almost 48 hours/turn every turn. With the exception of Sept, no one has posted anything on these forums in like 12 hours that even remotely smacks of 'anyone have any advice on what to do about (situation/unit/etc...).', so its not like you're waiting on responses to questions.

In particular, Bandar Log what can possibly be taking you so long? And Ulm last posted ~14 hours ago with what sounded like a plan - any reason you didn't submit your turn already?

Given the recent vintage of his last posts, I imagine Sept is working on his turn right now, hopefully that means it'll be submitted in a couple hours =)

I don't mean to rush people, but from the looks of things trying to submit our turns faster won't actually rush us, it'll just stop us from being lazy about it. 48 hour timer is nice when life gets in the way, but we should be able to get a turn through every 24 hours with no problems most of the time if people are prompt about submitting their turns when they've played them.
    rdonj
    rdonj
    Admin

Post  rdonj Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:53 pm

I suppose I never actually put up gold/gems for this turn.

Noob Gold Total - 177,821
    Noob Gem Total - 806

Vet Gold Total - 81,548
    Vet Gem Total - 496
    Skinu
    Skinu

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post  Skinu Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:00 am

Hello friends, im moving tomorrow and there is supposed to be internet at my new place. If there isn't id like to set up a contingency plan for someone to sub me. It will be utterly terrible if im not able to play a few turns as this has been the most epic and fun game ive played in years.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:06 am

Pelthin wrote:Sounds good, I am attacking 224. How do you post a map? I can get it into word, just not online.
    I posted instructions on the maps thread. It is fairly easy to do.
    Septimius Severus
    Septimius Severus

Post  Septimius Severus Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:12 am

Skinu wrote:Hello friends, im moving tomorrow and there is supposed to be internet at my new place. If there isn't id like to set up a contingency plan for someone to sub me. It will be utterly terrible if im not able to play a few turns as this has been the most epic and fun game ive played in years.
    If you are without Internet access, how long will it be? If you'd like to contact our alternates listed on the shrapnel forum in advance feel free to do so. You can send a PM on the shrapnel forum to multiple users. But you might want to wait until you actually know you will need a sub. I will not contact the alternates myself unless there is an actual real need. But getting in touch with them early may save some time.
    Skinu
    Skinu

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post  Skinu Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:24 am

Septimius Severus wrote:
    Skinu wrote:Hello friends, im moving tomorrow and there is supposed to be internet at my new place. If there isn't id like to set up a contingency plan for someone to sub me. It will be utterly terrible if im not able to play a few turns as this has been the most epic and fun game ive played in years.
    If you are without Internet access, how long will it be? If you'd like to contact our alternates listed on the shrapnel forum in advance feel free to do so. You can send a PM on the shrapnel forum to multiple users. But you might want to wait until you actually know you will need a sub. I will not contact the alternates myself unless there is an actual real need. But getting in touch with them early may save some time.

Its sort of a touchy situation, because if I arrive at the new place and the internet doesn't work ill have no way to send the email after that point. But ill contact the alternates just in case.
    melnorjr
    melnorjr

Number of posts : 306
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  melnorjr Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:29 am

Skinu wrote:
    Septimius Severus wrote:

Its sort of a touchy situation, because if I arrive at the new place and the internet doesn't work ill have no way to send the email after that point. But ill contact the alternates just in case.

If you like I could PM you my cell number and if you don't have internet you could call or send me a text, and I could let the designated alt know hes on.

and either way you might want to write down some instructions for an alt in case we have to bring one in.

sep, who would be alt for skinu?
    Squirrelloid
    Squirrelloid

Post  Squirrelloid Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:11 am

Ulm: We're waiting on you. 6h and ticking.
    Joelz
    Joelz

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2009-06-03

Post  Joelz Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:07 am

Turn sent. Sorry for the delay Embarassed

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content